“The place to go in St Pete Beach”
Review of Gulf Tides Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Pete Beach
Gulf Tides Inn
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Paris
“The place to go in St Pete Beach”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

If you are looking for a cool place for couple or family, then the Gulf Tides Inn is the place to be :
nice pool, barbecue and the all the facilities necessary. And most of all, Dave's family will make you feel like guests. It is very close to the beach for walking, jogging etc.
I definitely recommend The Gulf Tides Inn.

2 Thank rainlita

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
sutton, surrey
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Stayed at Gulf Tides in August 2012 for 2 nights.

We were in Florida the same time as Hurricane Isaac and was booked in at Gulf Tides for the days when the hurricane was due to hit. Got in touch with Dave and he happily changed our dates to later in the week.

Nothing was too much trouble ....

Beach was brilliant, accommodation clean, ac in the rooms was nice and cold...flat screen tv's, use of the bbq and sun loungers to take to the beach all made for a great stay.

Dave recommonded some restaurants, Woodys for dinner and Beverleys for breakfast both worth a vist..

Would definately reccommend Gulf Tides Inn

2 Thank sophie2000
Springfield, MO
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My husband and I spent a wonderful week at Gulf Tides right after Labor Day. Previous reviews on Trip Advisor are absolutely correct...Dave is the perfect host...great location...beach a very short walk...comfortable rooms...air conditioners that are wonderful... But the one thing I want to stress is how wonderful it is to step out of your room onto the patio, have a comfortable table with chairs outside your door and it is literally 10 steps to a very clean, perfect temperature, wonderful pool! People that stay at the larger resorts typically have to take the elevator, walk through a throng of people to get to their pool. Not here! Some days we had the pool all to ourselves. It was great to sit outside, read a book, step into your room for a refreshment or into the pool to cool off. Dave has lots of books, decks of cards, area travel pamplets and is a wealth of information for good places to eat! (walk next door to Rick's Reef for a great hotdog for lunch!) So thank you, Dave & Adele, for sharing your place and giving us a wonderful place to visit!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dcrthatsme
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Well what can I say? Just got back from Gulf Tides Inn for our honeymoon and it was perfect in every way. We chose this establishment because of the positive reviews and we were not disappointed. Perfect location, with all the local amenities not too far away. The beach was a 2 minute walk away! Also secluded enough to shelter from the sun (very important if you are a milk bottle white Brit!).

The room was perfect, ice cold quiet air-con throughout the rooms, spotlessly clean, huge comfortable bed...perfect! (plus we had a cooker and a microwave but we chose to eat out most nights).

Dave was the most helpful owner we have ever come across, nothing was ever too much trouble and he is an absolute fountain of knowledge - especially where food is concerned! (my wife loves her food :P). From start to finish he was always on hand to help us out and he is also a really nice guy!! (if you are travelling from the UK, take him a bottle of HP sauce and he will be your friend for life haha).

We will definitely stay again in the future, we are already missing our honeymoon at the Gulf Tides Inn.

Thank you so much Dave, first class.

Room Tip: All rooms have immediate access to the pool and are ideally situated.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheJohnM
New York
Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

I am generally not an adventurous traveler, preferring the uniformity and consistency of chains like Marriott, to taking chances on small establishments. On this particular trip, which I knew would be stressful for reasons I won't go into, I decided to stay near the beach and didn't find any convenient chain hotels to stay in. Since I regularly consult this site to look for good hotels I was intrigued by the high ratings of the Gulf Tides Inn, and decided to give it a try. This is not a high-end, foo foo, boutique property. There are many people who might the put off by it's rather simple appearance on the outside. What is obvious is that the Gulf Tides Inn is meticulously clean and well looked after. It is a small and charming property two blocks fromthe beach. It took a little bit longer to find out why this small establishment is so well rated.
Dave, the owner has been very friendly and helpful since the day I checked it. On my third day at the hotel I heard someone knocking at the door when I arrived home, and it was Dave. He wanted to let me know that he had seen me going back and forth to the nursing home to see my mom and wanted to make sure that if I had any emergencies and needed a ride that he was more than willing to take me over there. I was speechless. This is the kind of personal treatment, and friendly demeanor that you would be hard-pressed to find in a chain hotel anywhere. Is the kind of attitude that brings people back to The Gulf Tides Inn and explains why most of the clientele are regulars. I now hope to count myself among them. The Gulf Tides Inn is a gem, because of Dave.

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank seehunt
Morganville, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 September 2012

The four of us (2 kids, wife, me) stayed there over a weekend in late August. Dave greeted us as soon as we pulled up showing us the room and amenities. He was fantastic, and one of the main reasons we had such a nice stay. Dave is a fountain of information for anything you want to do or eat in the area (John's Pass Village was great - thanks Dave!). The beach is easy to walk to, there's a convenience store half a block away and a McDonald's. My only regret is that we pulled out a day early because Tropical Storm Isaac was bearing down. Can't say enough... we will be back!

4 Thank joseworks
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Our family of four visited the Florida coast for the first time August 18th through 22nd. We booked our stay at The Gulf Tides based on it's excellent reviews off of TripAdvisor. We were overly impressed with the entire experience. The convenience, cleanliness, amenities, and comfort all exceeded our expectations. The friendliness of Dave and his wonderful "Mum" and Dad are more then you will experience anywhere else. They are there to assist you with any and every question or need. We cannot wait for our entire family to book a vacation there and take advantage of the beautiful courtyard and pool that await you right outside your door, or the 2 BLOCK walk to the beautiful beach! Take advantage of the advice they offer regarding eats!! You will not be disappointed! If you travel into St. Petersburg eat at "Moon Under Water". The fish and chips and curry are amazing!!!! Thank you for a wonderful stay! We can't wait to get back!!

3 Thank AAG25