“The last straw”

Miramar Beach Resort
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
“The last straw”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

First of all, let me start by saying that myself and my extended family have frequenting this establishment for nearly 33 years. The last 10 years have been a perpetual decline. This last visit was it. My elderly parents were without a working toilet for nearly a week of their 10 day stay. Thank goodness family was there because they needed to use all of our facilities. They were comped only 1 night for their inconvenience. To not have a properly working toilet for 7 out of 10 days is totally unacceptable. Also, we had no towels for 2 of the days. My husband called the emergency line and a voicemail in Spanish greeted him with no reply, EVER from them. Parking is horrendous and there are cars with no passes getting by parking in the lot. My husband called about that too, with NO call back. The room was dirty. Slop on the cabinets that I had to scrub up and garbage from the previous occupant still there. They have lost a long time There are much better deals on the beach. When just my husband and myself go, we have stayed at The Palm Crest and The Bon Aire; both are better in price and cleanliness. The staff at Miramar are less than helpful with complaints. Do not waste your time and money here. The beach is beautiful and that is all the Miramar has going for it. Disgusted!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
9 Thank JennyRn13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
boston
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Winter was so bad in the northeast in February on a whim we decided to go south for 10 days we called every where and finally we called the Miramar. It is not the newest or updated motel but it was clean and it's right on the beach. The staff was very congenial we met a lot off people who had been coming to the Miramar for ten years or more. We made reservations for two weeks next year. Due to a storm in Boston our flight was cancelled and the staff did all they could to help us extend our stay.

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room on the first floor because there is no elevator, but if not the stairs are ver...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank HyperBoston
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Ok, it may not be totally perfect, but it works for us.
I don't need a super fancy hotel (this isn't), I do love the fact that is on the beach, and all units have full kitchen. Most days I cook, which not only saves money, but also allows us to never have to leave and have more time at the pool/beach :)

For the kids this works really well, we go with a group of friends and everybody enjoys this vacation a lot.
For me, this is a vacation where I don't need to drive at all, or even wear shoes for all the days we are there. I love it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank marcela a
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This is an older place that is in desperate need of an update. The window AC unit was not adequate to cool the room. We were in room number 20 listed as "gulf front". Unfortunately they dont tell you it is right by the pool and people are out in the pool with their young kids (under 10 at least) till 3am... seriously who does that? No security to ensure the place stays quiet. People were blasting personal radios by the pool, smoking in all the areas even though no smoking signs were clearly posted and there were designated smoking areas. Worst of all the rooms were dirty, fans were covered in a thick layer of dust and do not dare look under the beds. When we brought it to the attention of the staff after only staying two nights we were not offered any apologies or compensation. We went without clean towels, we left them out saturday night and when we came back from dinner sunday several rooms had clean towels sitting out but not ours. The office was closed and when we brought it to the attention to the lady up front the next morning we were told we should've called the after hours number which clearly states it was for emergency lockouts only and would come with a $25 charge.

The only reason we give two stars is because it is on the beach. Otherwise the accommodations are overpriced. If it were at least clean and quiet I wouldn't be so upset.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stephen W
Reviewed 7 June 2014

There is a single window unit AC not adequate to cool the entire room. The fans are covered in dust, there was a crack in the wall. Little things that could easily be fixed and needs a major update with better AC units, better furniture. There are people blaring Hispanic music at the pool from their personal radio, which i have no desire to hear. Jumping and and splashing all over my kids, drinking alcoholic beverages in the pool. TV in bedroom is old and cant hook up the roku box for our kids. Wifi is slow and inadequate. Pools are small and not much seating area around them. No hot tub. Funny smells. If it was at least clean it might be worth about $80 a night but definitely not worth $140 a night. We will not be back.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank ashnicwal
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Beautiful Old Fashioned Florida Motel with two Pools! The Motel is perfect! Guests are Friendly! My daughter and I shared a gulf front room! The place is clean....pools are clear...you just walk out and see the gulf! Anna B in the office is a customer service Queen! Hope to go again! SP14!

Room Tip: Book Early!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AHaskins2014
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Very family friendly, clean resort! My wife & I have been coming here for years with our kids and continue to stay here now that they have grown up, we love it and they do too when they come down. The rooms and grounds are kept very clean and the staff is extremely friendly. We get to know most the people staying at the same time and have scheduled future vacations here with them, one big happy family. Right on the beach!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family