Bon Aire Resort
US$189
US$322
US$259
  • Pool
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$285
US$230
Hotwire.com
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$181
US$156
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$471
US$191
US$189
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$311
  • Pool
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
US$5,698
US$315
Travelocity
US$349
US$304
All reviewssandbar billscheeseburgerbeach barpete beachone bedroom apartmentfamily ownedrooms are cleanyear after yearpublix groceryfrozen drinksacross streetshuffle boardbeach frontgreat drinksbeautiful beachsmall kitchentreasure island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I have stayed at Bon aire several times over the past 5 years. The property is well maintained, the rooms are cleaned daily. The location is perfect, walking distance to anything you need. Restaurants, walgreens, bars and grocery store. For the price you can't complain. We were there new years through most the following week. My only concern is at their bar sand bar bills, I never really get good service from bartenders, never have. But that's an easy fix bring your own cooler and don't bother with them. The food is nothing to write about either so BBQ your own. The only issue I have in St Petersburg area is the lack of service for out of towners, it's obvious when you're local you get priority. All in all I would recommend Bon aire, and if you have any questions or need assistance ask jessy. He's a great help. One more thing, don't try gigis restaurant across street you will be sadly disappointed

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Magdiscus
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed at the Bon Aire for a couple of nights mid-October and while the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable, the place is seriously stuck in '80's. We had an efficiency unit, but to even make breakfast, we would have to buy everything from salt and pepper, to coffee. This is the first place I've been to where there wasn't complimentary coffee in the room. There's not much privacy between the washroom and main space, only a bifold door, the door to the lav didn't close properly, and the wall outlets were old and I had to hold the plug in place to dry my hair...The upside is that it's right on the beach and there's a charming little burger joint/bar, although the staff there weren't very friendly at all and they got our order wrong. All in all, if in a jam, yes I'd stay here again, otherwise, I'd consider the Mariner right next door.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

This is a long-standing, family owned, quintessential, what-Florida-used-to-be resort. The rooms are clean and airy. You can step right out your door to the beach or pool. The burgers and margaritas at Sand Bar Bills are just what the doctor ordered. Everything you need, including Publix and Walgreens are a stone's throw. Shopping and amusement parks are an easy drive. Walk down the beach at night and join another party at another bar. You can't find a better value for your money.

The only unpleasant situation we ever had was that my husband and I overindulged one night down at Sand Bar Bills. I thought he paid, he thought I paid. As we were preparing to hit the pillows, there was a very insistent knock at our door and a rather irate bartender tracking us down. She wasn't very happy, but we cheerfully apologized, paid and generously tipped her. We laughed - she didn't. That was kind of embarassing, yet unintentional. I believe she rushed to judgement and could have handled this a little differently. But we were clearly smashed and Dracula could have been knocking at the door.

You step back in time here. Even if the weather doesn't cooperate, this place is worth every penny. Been here many times. Hope to come back many more. You can have Clearwater--this is where we want to be on vacation.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank LoJo517
Reviewed 28 October 2011

This was the first time I have been at the Bon Aire, it is such a nice family atmosphere. The staff was so very nice, the rooms are very clean. The land scape and the access to the beach is great. Sandbar Bills has the best burgers I have ever eaten, everything I tried was excellent. The service at Sandbar Bills is excellent Jackie is the best, everyone working there was so friendly and nice. Rick is the cook and he does an amazing job. The pools were nice and all the conviences were great, you couldn't ask for a nicer place to stay.
Loved it.

1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My family was there just this past week and wow did we have a great time! The staff are very nice and friendly, the rooms were exceptionally clean. Loved the staff at Sandbar Bills, they do a great job even when they are packed with people! If you go say hello to Jackie and Niko for us at Sandbar Bills they were absolutely great!

I plan on going back as soon as possible!

3  Thank Sylvia E