“Nice place, a little outdated”
Review of Bon Aire Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Pete Beach
Bon Aire Resort
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Nice place, a little outdated”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My son, (9 years old) myself and my mother visited the Bon Aire for 2 nights April 3 & 4.
We tried to check in at 1:00pm but they said the computers were down and to come back in an hour or so. No big deal, we put our suits on and enjoyed the beach and had lunch. Now being spring break, the place was very busy. Sandbar bills was very busy but got lucky and we got one of the 3 tables and went to the bar to order lunch. I saw a review about a rude bartender and I know who the woman was referring to....I don't think she was rude, just very busy. I was able to order drinks and lunch from the gentleman bartender and he too was busy but friendly and efficient. (another bartender Jackie works later in the afternoon and she rocks)
We had a deluxe apartment and it had a view of the ocean. It wasn't deluxe but it was fine. It had a bedroom, small kitchen area and bedroom.
The beach was great, the weather fantastic and we met some nice people staying there.
I do not think I would stay there again but the location on the beach is great.
If you do book the Bon Aire, enjoy, I am sure you will have a good time.
Cheers!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lori R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Visited SANDBAR BILLS ON THE BEACH BAR famous burger joint and enjoyed an amazing cheeseburger and a just as good strawberry banana daquiri however could not believe the rudeness of the older female bartender, she worked the lunch hour of 4/3 and 4/4. She was SO rude and offensive, I am not sure how she continues to be employed there, this is not how you treat customers. Would really have to consider if the food and drink is worth going back for due to her extremely poor behavior and attitude.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank andrea J
Murray, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The Bon Aire is a nice little motel setting right on the Beach with very clean rooms and a friendly staff. It has a old Florida atmosphere that feels like the 1950's. The only thing that was a little odd was the parking. The way it's designed and the limited number of slots,  I was kinda worried that I might not have a place to park but I never had a problem. But definitely will be back!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Billy H
Picton, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was by far a wonderful holiday for us......the folks at this Resort are very attentive, friendly and polite. The grounds are meticulous. The rooms are really clean and roomy. The Resort is central to most of what we wanted to see and do. We will most certainly book here again, it was well worth every penny spent. The burgers at Bills Bar and Grill on the beach of this Resort are the best we have ever had. Thank you to management and staff of the Bon Aire for the great time we had.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank domarco
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This was our third time "trying" Bon-Aire. Just remember if you are not a local, DONT try to get a drink at the bar! SANDBAR BILLS.. nice name since again if you are not a local you better WATCH your bills because they have one price for locals and one price for everyone else. make sure to take your own shampoo-soap, the front desk person just shook his head and laughed when I asked if they had shampoo in the rooms? They front desk people could really care less if you stay there "if you do you do", if not there are alot of places up and down the street"! is what I heard one guy say to a person. If i would not have had to put down so much DEPOSIT... I would have moved down the street to where for $13.00 more a night you have a microwave-refrig. stove and a 1 bedroom and the people are nice! what a concept... I have been in the customer service business for over 30 years and If any of the staff I have worked with treated people like we were treated on this visit they would not be working for me. Nikko the bartender will be more then happy to tell you how hungover he is...nice Nikko.. great staff member you are!, I will close with it starts from the top! From what I understood the Father who started this place was top notch and cared about people. CUSTOMER SERVICE to bad his daughters did not pick up on his traits. Go spend your money elsewhere you will be MUCH happier!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank flagman5229
Rising Fawn, Georgia
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My boyfriend and I were just passing through on our way back home from a cruise. He had lived in Tampa and wanted to swing by Treasure Island for some seafood and watch the gulf sunset. As we drove away from the dock restaurant we realized we were too tired and full to continue and the sun was setting. He thought he recognized the hotel from his childhood in the 70's when they used to vacation down here. We pulled in and it was wonderful. The beach was ll but deserted. the sand was the softest I've ever felt under my feet and the hotel staff (owner) was great. We only stayed one night, but we'll be back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank soarjean
Toronto
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Spent 10 days at the Bon Aire and love it again. Love the Bar, the people and the property. It is time for some new mattresses other than that I love it and highly recommend it<

Room Tip: We like the one bedroom apts best.