“Affordable quick getaway!”
Review of Bon Aire Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Pete Beach
Bon Aire Resort
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

This was our first time at the Bon Aire and we were favorably impressed. I appreciated the room to spread out in our small apartment. The kitchenette was adequately stocked with serving ware and cookware, wine glasses being the exception! The king size bed was comfortable and made with a modern duvet, not an old fashioned blanket like you still see at some places. Bathroom was tiny! There's a Publix and Walgreens within a block or two up Gulf Blvd, and plenty of restaurants within walking distance too (try the Blue Fugu sushi place). Don't worry about buying beach gear in advance because the Walgreens across the street had a better selection of beach chairs than our local Walmart! There is a nice playground on the other side of the Walgreens too! If you have little ones, bring a wagon or stroller to put them in if you walk up Gulf Blvd because the traffic is scary! Drive your Mazda, not your F350 to this hotel because parking is limited and very tight if you do find a spot!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank PaleoFloridian

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I hate to rave up a hotel as they soon become too expensive but I can't say enough good things about this place. This is a gem on the beach. The staff is the best and it is so clean. Please don't let everybody know its so good here. How selfish of me?

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate M
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This is the 3rd time at the Bon Aire. My husband and I are late 40's to early 50's. They have made improvements to the rooms and it was noticed. The rooms are clean and well kept. The grounds are so pretty. The bed and pillows were very comfy. Our room had a small fridge, micro wave, and coffee pot. We could have chosen a room with full kitchen but chose not to. All of their rooms are very clean and well supplied. We love it here.
The view of the beach is wonderful. No matter where you are in the hotel you will be happy. The staff is all so so nice.
We love Sandbar Bill's. Great food, great drinks. We became friends with locals and visitors alike. The bar staff is great.
The two pool's is nice, but the beach is what it is about. Love the location on Gulf Blv.

The Bon Aire is great for families or couples.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My family of 20 has been going to the Bon-Aire now for several years for our annual Christmas reunion. We like that we can all be close together and find something for all ages (now teens through seniors), including the pools, shuffleboard, and SandBar Bill's. It is walking distance to the grocery store, CVS, nail salon, dollar store, Chik-Fil-A (our favorite for iced tea and yummy chicken), and the great seafood restaurants in Pass-A-Grill. Just down the beach there is a great bar with good food, all the sports games on TV's, and cheap beer. The Bon-Aire has recently remodeled and everything is new, clean, bright and the beds are SO COMFORTABLE! It is just steps from the beach and I challenge anyone to find a place so reasonably-priced this close to the beach. This family-run business has just 2-story units - - so much better than those high rises down the beach. The units are big and the kitchenettes have everything you need for a week's stay (dishes, soap, towels, etc.). I do wish, tho, that they'd re-paint the shuffleboard lines for the annual tournament my Dad organizes. The grounds are very well-maintained and it has the feel of a small community vs a mass of strangers. When the college bowl games roll around on New Year's Day, the competition and cheering is diverse but friendly. Can't go wrong with this place and we'll be going back again this year.

Room Tip: There are limited number of rooms that are at the end, facing the beach but these are usually booked...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Went for 3 weeks in Feb. Next year we will stay for a month. That was our 7th year. Would not stay anywhere else. Accomodation is clean & comfortable. Food is the best at Sandbar Bill's. Staff always go out of there way to help with anything you may need. Already looking forward to 2014.
John & Pam from Canada

Room Tip: We always get deluxe efficiency.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We recently went to St. Pete Beach and stayed at the Bon-Aire. I had read all the reviews on trip advisor prior to going and a majority indicated I would love the Bon-Aire and I have to admit they were right. We were there March 16th and beyond for Spring Break. I really expected there to be tons of people and there wasn't, it was just right! We stayed in the Deluxe Bedroom Apts, highly recommend those, they are huge and away from the hustle and bustle area of the complex. I like to get my sleep so we couldn't have picked a better room. Some of the reviews indicated staff were unfriendly, and honestly they weren't rude, but can't say they were overly friendly either. Its like they are there to do a job and they do it well, but aren't there to become your friend. So that might be something they could work on. The food at the Sandbar Bills, best ever, we ate there 3 times and loved everything we got. Its fast and excellent food. I loved the Bon-Aire, loved being right near the beach, they have awesome set up for rooms and sitting by the beach. I went and viewed our friends hotel just a few down and I would definitely pick the Bon-Aire again, the rooms are large, may not be new, but its clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: stay away from the beach to avoid lots of traffic unless you don't mind it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Renee M
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We are staying here this week and are enjoying every minute! The rooms and the grounds are very clean and the Tiki Bar is fab!!! The pools are neat and clean and the water is warm. Best hamburgers in the world. Great local restaurants closeby also. The beach is huge and pure white sand. Lots of repeats here, and I would definitely come back myself.

Room Tip: We have upstairs rooms and are glad we did-quieter. I may would upgrade next time just to get a larg...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple