“We love the Caprice!”

Caprice Resort
Newmarket, Canada
“We love the Caprice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

We've been coming to St. Pete Beach and the Caprice Resort for years and absolutely love it. I can't wait to get back there each March and never want to go back home to Canada and the snow.

We rent Unit 406 and find it to be one of the nicest in the building. It's clean and well maintained with an updated kitchen and newly renovated bathrooms. We love the fact that all balconies in the building face down the beach and the view of St. Pete Beach is breath taking.

The Caprice has everything you need to be your home away from home during your vacation. The owners have stocked the unit with all amenities and have done an outstanding job on the decorating.

The Caprice is a very family oriented resort and we love that. Lots of things to do for the kids and the whole family.

The building and grounds are well maintained and there is parking for everyone. The staff at the Caprice are amazing and take excellent care of you. They go out of their way to make sure that your stay is enjoyable and worry free. They are super customer focused and we just love them!

Our boys are teenagers now and still want to come with us during Spring Break to the Caprice because they love it so much. There is tons of stuff to keep them busy; beach, water sports, golfing, hanging with their friends, swimming in the pool or the ocean.

I love the fact that there is outstanding shopping within walking distance of the Caprice or just a short car ride away.

The beach is awesome for walking, shelling, tanning or just sitting and watching the activity. The St. Pete Beach area is safe and you can walk around at night . That's another big plus!

There are dozens and dozens of excellent restaurants within walking distance of the Caprice or if you want to get in the car you only have to drive a short distance for even more variety.

My husband and I look forward to the day when we retire and can spend the entire winter at the Caprice!

If you're looking for an excellent place to spend your vacation in the sun and at the beach I would highly recommend the Caprice Resort on amazing St. Pete Beach, Florida. We've already booked 2012 and 2013 and can't wait to return for our fun in the sun!!!!

Kelly, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank kbgard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

Just back from a 2 week stay in unit 306 of Caprice Resort. Loved the location - great beach views from the balcony. Great that it was just off Gulf Bulevard so away from traffic but handy enough that you can walk out to the shops if you needed to. I liked that there are only 7 units per floor and only 5 floors so no long treks down corridors and so easy to go up and down to the pool.

The apt/condo itself was very nicely furnished. Wifi is available to all in the block. One minor flaw is that the second bedroom has its window out onto the public corridor so I had to have the blinds closed most of the time.

Fitness room is not well fitted out - nearly came off the treadmill due to the belt sticking in places! But there is plenty of room on the beach for a run!

All in all I would thoroughly recommend the location of Caprice - near to the shops, the nail bars, Tyrone Square Mall is about 10-15min drive away, 2 Publix supermarkets are within a 5min drive, ice cream shop around the corner - oh how I wish I was there now!

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Janeyjane43
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

Having had parents who lived in this area for close to 30 years, St. Pete Beach was always a second home. I was extremely disappointed when they decided to leave the area as there is no finer beach than St. Pete and the Gulf of Mexico.

I was looking for a place on St. Pete Beach within walking distance to restaurants, shops, etc. I found it in the Caprice. The office staff were friendly and helpful, especially when I called to say my flight had been cancelled and I would be arriving a day later. The condo was clean, cool, modern, and had a kitchen well stocked with all sorts of plates, glasses, etc. The pool was clean and well maintained with lots of chairs! We couldn't have been more pleased.

The condo was actually nicer than the virtural tour on their website. We enjoyed it so much, we made a reservation for next year. You won't be disappointed. We weren't!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PJRIreland
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

I recently returned from a week at the Caprice (unit 501). I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the apartment was. I would suggest that the carpets be cleaned more often. Other than that the apartment was quite clean. Apartment also included WiFi and digital TV (living room and master bedroom)

The Caprice is conveniently located on St.Pete Beach and within walking distance of the main strip. The pool was clean and usually not very busy. The Caprice also supplied two propane BBQ’s for guest usage. Covered parking was available for guests. When reviewing pictures of the Caprice online they usually include a picture of a fitness centre. Turns out it is the management office and the equipment is not in use.

We booked through Resort Rentals and the service was great. They answered all my questions as this was my first trip to St Pete.

I would suggest you do your shopping at Sweetbay Grocery store (at 75th and Blind Pass) instead of the Publix. I found the Publix busy and over priced. Way too many tourists. Try the Dollar Tree for supplies such as paper towels etc...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

My wife and I just returned from a week long stay at the the Caprice - unit #503. We had a great time - the Caprice is a nice, moderately priced condo complex that has just about everything you need for a quiet, relaxing week at the beach. We really have no significant complaints at all about our stay. We did not look at too many other resorts/rentals before deciding on the Caprice, but we are very happy with the choice that we made. The condo was full of sunshine and having a beach front balcony really just cannot be beat. We really enjoyed our stay and will seriously consider going back in the future - both to St. Pete Beach and the Caprice Resort.

Here are the primary negatives that I would note, which, in my opinion, were really very minor negatives. None of these really detracted from our stay in any significant way, but they are things I would have liked to know before I went, so I will record them for you.

One, the appliances are quite out-dated. All of them worked adequately and so I don't really view this as too much of a negative, but it is something that both my wife and I noticed. I believe other units may have more updated appliances, so a different unit may have been nicer in this respect.

Two, the shower head was not the best I have ever experienced - I enjoy a nice powerful shower head, and the one in unit #503 is quite old and dated without much power. It was perfectly adequate for taking a shower, but I would have enjoyed a nicer shower head.

Three, the DVD player had no remote. This made it a bit difficult to watch one of our DVDs (we actually ended up buying a cheap universal remote from Walmart during our stay so we could use it - sorry, we took it with us).

Four, the washer/dryer is coin operated and is not in the unit itself - I pretty much expected this, but it is something to note. We used the coin operated units once during our stay and had no complaints about them - on the 5th floor, they were actually right outside our door, so that was nice.

Fifth, not much of a fitness center at the Caprice. I always enjoy working out while on vacation, so this was a bit of a disappointment. If you are looking for a close, local gym with very cheap day/weak rates, I would recommend the Beach Bod Fitness Center, which is just a couple of blocks away - nothing fancy, but a very friendly staff, cheap rates, and a nice selection of weights and nautilus equipment. I visited there 3 times during my stay, and enjoyed my workout each time very much.

Sixth, as other reviewers have noted, the part of St. Pete Beach outside of the Caprice does suffer from beach erosion and so there are these large, yellow sandbag structures there. In my opinion, it really wasn't that big of a deal and did not detract much from our beach experience at all. However, I could see this being a bit disappointing if you didn't know about it before you went. If you go just a bit further south on the beach, the sandbag structures are not there, and the beach flattens out much more nicely. Again, this did not bother me or my wife, but it may bother some.

That is about it for the negatives that I can note. As you can see, they really are not very significant things. We really enjoyed our time, and will seriously consider going back! Hope my review is helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank airjay81
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

We just returned from the Caprice, I will tell you that we where on the 5th floor had a great view and the property was nice because of the fact that the place is secure. Your kids cannot leave the property from the pool to go to the beach without a key. Our room was nice but outdated, needed more cookware but we still enjoyed our stay, how could you not St Pete is great. The downside of this property is that Libertie Managment claims they are one of the best, well I can tell you that the are incorrect. Our keys where not correct for the pool are or our door, we called the emergency number and did not get a response, they never knew I even called and I called twice. I went to the office two days later and spoke with Sue, she was rude as hell until I asked her if she had a problem and then she somewhat lightened up, somewhat!! The other person that works days is very nice. Whats amazing is when called to spend my $1700+ dollars to book the room Sue was so nice, but she is an ugly person on the inside when you need her help. The property was clean but our room floors where so dirty it was disgusting, our family upstairs had a room and the carpets where dirty there also. It is very expensive so try and take a small trip to Walmart or Target and get most of your food and go to the Meat Market in Pass- A- Grill for your steaks and Sea Food, it is a small place but they have everying you need from meat, fish and everything you could imagine so cheap, the best palce ever. I am getting ready to book again for next year but the Caprice may not be my next stop unless they get rid of Sue and clean the carpets. Just so you know we travel about 4 times per year. I have stayed at very type including high dollar and inexpensive hotels and condos so I do have much experience. And by the way, do not go to Bush Gardens during or close to high season it is a waist of money. I think it is so overpriced anyway.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank moagent007
Peoria,IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2010

I have visited the St Pete Beach area many times and this is by far the BEST place I have stayed. We stayed at Condo # 403. On-line booking is is kinda scarry but you have nothing to worry about booking this condo with Bob. This building is off the main road and is just so private and quiet. The view from the balcony is totally unblocked and GREAT to people watch. VERY RELAXING! If you have children, this whole property is fenced and there is a grassy area. Very secure from the beach itself.
Beach is absolutely fabulous---the geo-tubes do not have ANY affect on any beach activities. In fact, we found them very interesting! You will not be dissapointed with the Caprice! VLD Peoria, IL

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple