Caprice Resort
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$214
Alden Suites
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
US$359
US$349
US$184
US$123
Agoda.com
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$206
US$168
US$277
US$196
Hotels.com
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$180
US$147
US$144
Hotels.com
US$394
US$304
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort(St. Pete Beach)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach erosionpete beachgreat condojust returned from a week longwinn dixiefully stocked kitchengreat local restaurantsfree beach ridethe maintenance manwithin walking distancegreat poolwould stay againbeach experienceenjoyed our stayeasy accessgrocery storegreat view of the beach
Reviewed 9 April 2011

I don't usually write reviews, but felt compelled to after our recent stay. We rented six rooms at Caprice for six families, all with teenagers.
The rooms were only okay. Out of the six units, one was updated. It felt like we walked back in time 30 years. The bathrooms and kitchens were outdated, the windows rattled during a storm.
Threre was a construction crew working on the beach and they park and store their equipment right next to Caprice. Every morning, they were working shortly after 7am-quite annoying when you're on vacation.
I felt like all week we were being "watched" by some of the old cronies at the pool. The first night our flight got in after 10pm, so we arrived about 11pm, and that started Sue on the warpath all week. We were accused of "keeping everyone awake" several times, and she can't even talk to you without being rude. I am usually pretty good about getting on people's good sides, but nothing I could do would make her smile or be friendly. She toldl me that "all of you kept everyone awake", which I resented because I knew when I was in bed, and I knew when my son and friend were in bed, and I know for a fact, there was no commotion coming from my unit. She should get her facts straight before accusing someone!
This condo is okay if you don't care what it looks like and if you are over 70. Otherwise, I'm sure there are better options out there. Especially for the price you pay. The parking is awful and the fitness center is pathetic!
Liberte Management, you need to find someone else to interact with your guests.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank RUTHEE57
Reviewed 8 April 2011

We've been coming to St. Pete Beach and the Caprice Resort for years and absolutely love it. I can't wait to get back there each March and never want to go back home to Canada and the snow.

We rent Unit 406 and find it to be one of the nicest in the building. It's clean and well maintained with an updated kitchen and newly renovated bathrooms. We love the fact that all balconies in the building face down the beach and the view of St. Pete Beach is breath taking.

The Caprice has everything you need to be your home away from home during your vacation. The owners have stocked the unit with all amenities and have done an outstanding job on the decorating.

The Caprice is a very family oriented resort and we love that. Lots of things to do for the kids and the whole family.

The building and grounds are well maintained and there is parking for everyone. The staff at the Caprice are amazing and take excellent care of you. They go out of their way to make sure that your stay is enjoyable and worry free. They are super customer focused and we just love them!

Our boys are teenagers now and still want to come with us during Spring Break to the Caprice because they love it so much. There is tons of stuff to keep them busy; beach, water sports, golfing, hanging with their friends, swimming in the pool or the ocean.

I love the fact that there is outstanding shopping within walking distance of the Caprice or just a short car ride away.

The beach is awesome for walking, shelling, tanning or just sitting and watching the activity. The St. Pete Beach area is safe and you can walk around at night . That's another big plus!

There are dozens and dozens of excellent restaurants within walking distance of the Caprice or if you want to get in the car you only have to drive a short distance for even more variety.

My husband and I look forward to the day when we retire and can spend the entire winter at the Caprice!

If you're looking for an excellent place to spend your vacation in the sun and at the beach I would highly recommend the Caprice Resort on amazing St. Pete Beach, Florida. We've already booked 2012 and 2013 and can't wait to return for our fun in the sun!!!!

Kelly, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank kbgard
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Just back from a 2 week stay in unit 306 of Caprice Resort. Loved the location - great beach views from the balcony. Great that it was just off Gulf Bulevard so away from traffic but handy enough that you can walk out to the shops if you needed to. I liked that there are only 7 units per floor and only 5 floors so no long treks down corridors and so easy to go up and down to the pool.

The apt/condo itself was very nicely furnished. Wifi is available to all in the block. One minor flaw is that the second bedroom has its window out onto the public corridor so I had to have the blinds closed most of the time.

Fitness room is not well fitted out - nearly came off the treadmill due to the belt sticking in places! But there is plenty of room on the beach for a run!

All in all I would thoroughly recommend the location of Caprice - near to the shops, the nail bars, Tyrone Square Mall is about 10-15min drive away, 2 Publix supermarkets are within a 5min drive, ice cream shop around the corner - oh how I wish I was there now!

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Janeyjane43
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Having had parents who lived in this area for close to 30 years, St. Pete Beach was always a second home. I was extremely disappointed when they decided to leave the area as there is no finer beach than St. Pete and the Gulf of Mexico.

I was looking for a place on St. Pete Beach within walking distance to restaurants, shops, etc. I found it in the Caprice. The office staff were friendly and helpful, especially when I called to say my flight had been cancelled and I would be arriving a day later. The condo was clean, cool, modern, and had a kitchen well stocked with all sorts of plates, glasses, etc. The pool was clean and well maintained with lots of chairs! We couldn't have been more pleased.

The condo was actually nicer than the virtural tour on their website. We enjoyed it so much, we made a reservation for next year. You won't be disappointed. We weren't!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PJRIreland
Reviewed 20 June 2010

I recently returned from a week at the Caprice (unit 501). I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the apartment was. I would suggest that the carpets be cleaned more often. Other than that the apartment was quite clean. Apartment also included WiFi and digital TV (living room and master bedroom)

The Caprice is conveniently located on St.Pete Beach and within walking distance of the main strip. The pool was clean and usually not very busy. The Caprice also supplied two propane BBQ’s for guest usage. Covered parking was available for guests. When reviewing pictures of the Caprice online they usually include a picture of a fitness centre. Turns out it is the management office and the equipment is not in use.

We booked through Resort Rentals and the service was great. They answered all my questions as this was my first trip to St Pete.

I would suggest you do your shopping at Sweetbay Grocery store (at 75th and Blind Pass) instead of the Publix. I found the Publix busy and over priced. Way too many tourists. Try the Dollar Tree for supplies such as paper towels etc...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family