My husband, toddler son & parents stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo at the Caprice Thanksgiving week, and it was perfect for us. The condo was spotlessly clean and had everything we needed for a week's stay (including items like dish soap, cooking supplies, towels, beach chairs/toys, wine glasses). The management even delivered a cooked turkey to us the day before Thanksgiving.
All condos have balconies facing the ocean & pool. We stayed in a condo with renovated bathrooms and kitchen & new flat screen tv's but older (well-maintained) carpet and furniture. However, not all condos have been renovated, so it's advisable to call or view the YouTube videos of most condos that are available from the property website to make sure you book a condo that has been updated. You can request specific condos, as long as they are available.
The facilities include a pool, 2 grills, shuffle board, free parking & a very tiny workout facility (1 bike, 1 treadmill, 10 lb free weights, small bench machine -- I opted for beach runs). The facilities are older but are meticulously maintained. The pool was never crowded, but did usually have a handful of children in it.
The property is perfect for families or couples - it is not a party place like some neighboring hotels. But, with that being said, it's within walking distance to at least 15 beach bars and restaurants. For me, it's the perfect location because you can walk to dinner or a beach bar and enjoy the sunset, loud music and evening out, but return to a quiet and peaceful night's rest without the late night raucous at some of the beach hotels I've previously stayed.
The Caprice is also a great value, especially if you have a group of 4-6. I have stayed in at least 15 different properties (mostly hotels, but a few condos) along St Pete Beach and neighboring beaches, and this one really outshines almost all(if not all) of them, especially for it's price range. We will undoubtably be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caprice Resort offers 30 exceptional one and two bedroom contemporary units situated in a 6 story elevator-equipped building. Each luxury condominium vacation home is privately owned and furnished with fully equipped kitchens, private Gulf-front balconies and nightly sunsets. We are known as the "Jewel of St. Pete Beach". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your Caprice Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caprice Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Caprice Saint Pete Beach
- Caprice Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida