Our family stayed in a 1st floor room close to the lobby. This is not a 4-5 star hotel, so I did not expect ultra modern rooms, but it was clean and had everything needed for a family with a small child. Wi-fi, free parking, coffee in the lobby each morning and the kitchen were a plus. Conveniently located across the street from a 7-eleven, Subway and several nice restaurants within walking distance. Front desk folks recommended Snapper's for seafood and it was excellent. The Publix grocery store was also close by for regular stocking of groceries.
It was a short walk to the pools or ocean. There were tons of shells at the ocean. We stopped collecting on day 3. We didn't use the cabanas or eat/drink at Jimmy B's. The bands at the bar were great to listen to when sitting poolside. It was not a big deal cutting through the bar to head to the beach. At the big pool there were noodles, rafts, and snorkels available for everyone to use. Pretty much looked like people buy items and then leave them there when they leave. This was great for kids. We saw staff clearing out the excess when it appeared they had an overload of toys. The smaller pool had a limit of 10 people. It was cozy and gave a nice chance to chat with other vacationers.
We went to Clearwater one day for the pirate ship (Captain Memo's was fantastic for small kids). St. Pete Beach area in general felt much less touristy than the Clearwater area. I would definitely go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachcomber Beach Resort Hotel is located on 5 1/2 acres of beautifully tropical landscaped gardens. From the first glimpse of the beautiful, white sandy beach and the blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico to the welcoming smiles of all of our associates, you will feel relaxed and glad to be here. The Beachcomber offers rooms overlooking the Tropical Landscaped Gardens, the Swimming Pool, or the white sandy Beach. Each of our guest rooms has two double beds, a small refrigerator, coffee maker with complimentary coffee, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, large closet, AM/FM clock radio, Flat Screen TV with free HBO, free local calls, and unlimited wireless internet access. In addition, guest rooms with full kitchens are available. The kitchen rooms have the same amenities as a standard plus: a microwave, toaster, stove with oven, dining table with chairs for 4, and all necessary kitchen ware. There are NO hidden resort fees and NO parking fees. There are two heated swimming pools with chaise loungers, an on-site fitness center, an on-site guest laundry facility, complimentary coffee served daily in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotelopia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Beachcomber Beach Resort And Hotel
- Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida