We stayed at the Beachcomber on a weekend in November 2011. We had family members staying down the street at the Sirata, so we had ample opportunity to compare the two properties. We expected the Sirata to be better, but we were pleasantly surprised by the Beachcomber. The room was a reasonable rate (we were in the cheapest available); it was spotlessly clean, even if it was slightly dated; and the staff were very friendly and helpful. In fact, I think we had a better experience at the Beachcomber than we would have had at the Sirata.
Our room had a completely adequate bathroom, a small refrigerator, and plenty of space to move around. I was particularly pleased with the ventilation in the bathroom. So many beach hotels have a musty smell -- probably brought on by mold/mildew from inadequately vented bathrooms. The Beachcomber must have some enhanced system, because I noticed many small vents near the ceiling in the bathroom, and not once did we have too much humidity in the room -- despite the high humidity outdoors.
The room, including the bathroom, was very clean. The hotel is arranged like a rectangle, with the lobby on one end, the bar (Jimmy B's) on the other end (beyond the bar was the beach), and the rooms lining the other two sides. Unlike at the Sirata, where the noise from the bar permeates the rooms because of their proximity, we found the Beachcomber to be very quiet. This was true even when the bar was full. The bar seems to be a popular place -- a place to sit outside or inside, have a beer and watch their many, many televisions. Yet we found that even on nights on which the bar was quite active, we couldn't hear it.
They also had a large heated pool which we did not use, but would have if we stayed longer. Also, the Internet was unexpectedly free. A nice touch, and different from other hotels.
The beach itself is just incredibly spectacular. St. Pete Beach is the best beach in Florida, if you ask me.
I would recommend the Beachcomber to anyone looking for a reasonable and quiet room on St. Pete Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachcomber Beach Resort Hotel is located on 5 1/2 acres of beautifully tropical landscaped gardens. From the first glimpse of the beautiful, white sandy beach and the blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico to the welcoming smiles of all of our associates, you will feel relaxed and glad to be here. The Beachcomber offers rooms overlooking the Tropical Landscaped Gardens, the Swimming Pool, or the white sandy Beach. Each of our guest rooms has two double beds, a small refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, large closet, AM/FM clock radio and Flat Screen TV with free HBO. There are two heated swimming pools with chaise loungers, an on-site fitness center, an on-site guest laundry facility, complimentary coffee served daily in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Beach Resort And Hotel
- Beachcomber Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida