This was on our itinerary at the end of our 2 week vacation. After our cruise and Universal, this was the part of our vacation that I had most looked forward to. St. Pete Beach is rated highly I understood on trip advisor. It just wasn't what I had expected. First of all, the area is a complete tourist trap. It seemed that all the buildings on the strip were built in the 70s. The resort itself had very narrow one car lanes to park in and it was not easy to back out of. The rooms were old and musty. The kids felt dirty coming out of the shower and onto the bathroom floor. We had two beds and a roll away cot. The cot was $20 a night. With the cot in the room, there was no way to navigate from one end to the other. There just wasn't enough room. Ironically, they have a big closet where you could put your luggage, but that space probably would have been better used as part of the room itself. The curtains also don't go all the way, so you could actually see into our room and others and look into a mirror on the wall and see everything. We also had a mini kitchen. Only 1 of the 4 stovetops worked. There wasn't any counter space. So, if you wanted to use the counter, you would have to move the dishrack or microwave out of the way. The floors in the kitchen were very grimy.
On the positive side, the housekeeping staff seemed very cordial. More so than the front desk. Best of all, they heat the pools up to 84 degrees. I think they are sincere in trying their best, but the facility is just a tad on the old side. You're paying for the vicinity to the beach. As long as you understand that, your expectations won't be out of whack.
Another thing: They have a bar on the premises. From our room, we can hear all the noise well past midnight. With the birds chirping in the early morning, it makes for a very tired bunch.
Probably won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachcomber Beach Resort Hotel is located on 5 1/2 acres of beautifully tropical landscaped gardens. From the first glimpse of the beautiful, white sandy beach and the blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico to the welcoming smiles of all of our associates, you will feel relaxed and glad to be here. The Beachcomber offers rooms overlooking the Tropical Landscaped Gardens, the Swimming Pool, or the white sandy Beach. Each of our guest rooms has two double beds, a small refrigerator, coffee maker with complimentary coffee, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, large closet, AM/FM clock radio, Flat Screen TV with free HBO, free local calls, and unlimited wireless internet access. In addition, guest rooms with full kitchens are available. The kitchen rooms have the same amenities as a standard plus: a microwave, toaster, stove with oven, dining table with chairs for 4, and all necessary kitchen ware. There are NO hidden resort fees and NO parking fees. There are two heated swimming pools with chaise loungers, an on-site fitness center, an on-site guest laundry facility, complimentary coffee served daily in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Beachcomber Beach Resort And Hotel
- Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida