“Two tickets to Paradise!”

Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 18 November 2013

What a wonderful resort! Clean, fun, beautiful! Great tiki bar ( waiter, Steve, was fabulous!) We got a deal on the room, so we thought the price was right! Thought it might be loud because there are 2 bars and bands late into the night and LOT's of happy people, but, once you close your door, you can't hear a thing.
The room is a little dated, but it is clean and has everything you need: clean bedding, clean bathroom, great shower, mini fridge and in room coffee.
When we check into a motel, my husband uses his flashlight to look under, behind, over and inside every nook and cranny and he gave this room a 2 thumbs up on cleanliness.
St. Pete Beach is to die for!!! And this is RIGHT ON THE BEACH! You can't lose!!!

Room Tip: TIP: Bring your own pillow, theirs are a little too large for comfort. Ocean view rooms are not onl...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sheilabobeila

Reviewed 18 November 2013

If you are looking for fun in all the wrong places, the Beachcomber just may turn out to be one of them. I'm quite sure the 7-Eleven across the street stocks extra extra cigarettes, Bush beer, Nattie Lite beer and Tylenol especially for the Beachcomber patrons. This place can be the funnest place to stay on the beach if you are looking for a party. The rooms are old style with wall unit A/C's , small bathrooms, and bed linens you can see through to watch television. Each room comes with two trailer park style patio chairs, matching table and an ashtray out on the balcony walkway. I hate to cut down a place many people may save for years to visit on vacation, but it sure ain't the Hilton. Although it is nearly just under the price of the TradeWinds Resort next door, the Beachcomber is more like a seedy motel, but this place sure can be fun! Like the great Ted Nugent says... Wang Dang Sweet PoonTang and It's A Free For All Baby !!!.

Room Tip: Request an extra large ash tray.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kidritalin
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Had the best time! Jimmy D's bar at the hotel is great. They have bands all day and into the night. We were there four days and never had to leave for anything. I'll definitely be back. All the waitstaff were delightful. I was truly sad to leave.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The airport van dropped me off and my first thought, "oh no!" because right smack next to the hotel entrance was Players Sports Bar and it's situated on a very busy highly trafficked strip - Gulf Boulevard. I neither drink much nor watch sports. I thought it would be a noisy rowdy hotel. I immediately asked for their quietest room. I got it! The room's decor was dreary (but...they're undergoing a renovation). The grounds are lovely and I was very happy with the pool, too. It turned out the other guests were as quiet as I am. You can't judge by appearances after all. The really good thing: access to a fine beach. Then there is Jimmy B's Bar and Grille - it overlooks the beach (think - a place to watch the sun set), they book very good musicians (it's popular with the locals). Shortcoming? no veggies on the side for your burger or fish sandwich - just cole slaw or fries. The room does have a complete kitchen so I went to the supermarket and bought the fresh fruit and veggies I wanted. I'm not a driver and was happily able to visit Passe-A-Grille and downtown St. Petersburg using the bus. You can walk to a decent movie theater on Corey Avenue.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank AliOop60
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was my 3rd time staying at the Beachcomber and my family and I had such a wonderful time!! To start, when reserving a room, we requested a 1st floor (due to a few family members having a hard time with stairs), and not only received 1st floor, but also a room right in the middle of the resort so we were not too far from the lobby or the pool/beach/bar. Our flight was delayed so I called the resort to make sure that we could check in late (at 1:30 am) and was assured that someone would be there to help. It was nice to not have to worry about that after a stressful day! The employee checking us in was very friendly and helpful. The room was exactly what we required (with a kitchenette and 2 double beds), and while nothing fancy, was very clean. The pool and beach were both very nice as well. What really stood out to us was the staff at Jimmy B's Beach Bar. Every one of the bartenders was extremely friendly and went above and beyond their call of duty to assure us a good time! I was in St. Pete looking for an apartment and all of the bartenders we spoke with had a plethora of information to help me in my decision-making process. They even gave me some tips on where to apply for jobs! I can't express enough how helpful they were! And the bar has live music throughout the day and evening, which I loved!! We spent a few hours in the bar every night and couldn't believe it when 3 am hit because we were having so much fun!! I definitely recommend this resort to anyone looking for some fun or just a relaxing vacation!!

Room Tip: If you go to bed early, get a room near the lobby, because the beach bar has live music in the eveni...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed at the Beachcomber for a destination wedding... positives: it's on the beach, it has a beach bar and a sports bar on premisses and a couple of pools. Service is good.
Negatives: dated, the rooms have filthy carpets, bathrooms are small.
Don't expect any contemporary decor or white linens, it is stuck in the 80's...
So, for the price I would like look for a better option, I wasn't satisfied at all...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The room (and especially bathroom) was nothing fancy, but I was there for the fun. A good time with great music day and night at the nightclub, great pool service (Danny), beach was close. Talked with all our neighbors who were all having a great time. Security could be a little strict w/your own drinks. Food was good and reasonable. There was a 7 11 across the street. Overall, it was just what we were looking for.

Room Tip: As close to the nightclub as possible if you want to leave your doors open and listen to music. If...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends