“Anxiuos For Our Return Trip”

Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Once again we are planning our Feb trip to St Pete Beachcomber. This will be our 4th trip to stay at the Beachcomber, if you are looking for a Good Time, Great location, clean rooms and Friendly Staff this is the place to go.We have found that we can do everthing we wantat this place or if not here it is close by. We Love the outside bars and the bartenders that make you feel welcome. Looking forward to the warmth and relaxing time soon Dave and Mary King

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,784)

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My wife and I stayed, recently, at the Beachcomber Beach Resort and Hotel for two nights. We stayed in one of the beachfront rooms. The rooms are not fancy, but very clean and comfortable. The balcony view of the Gulf of Mexico was great. We also overlooked the outside bar and grill, Jimmy B's and we could listen to the live music from our balcony. The bands were very good. Some reviews I had read prior to booking our room mentioned how the band noise could be heard in the room all night. Not true. The rooms are very quiet. We look forward to booking again, soon!

Room Tip: Book a beach side room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles K
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Another wonderful stay. I've been coming to the Beachcomber for years because of the great location and friendly staff. They have been busy upgrading everything and the new decor in the rooms is very nice. They always seem to have the best walk-in rates on the beach, too. I can't imagine staying elsewhere in St Pete Beach.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I loved the location. Was within walking distance to several good restaurants (Dockside Dave's & 1200 Chophouse) and beach was right out front. There are also electric carts that can move you about the area for just a tip, $5.00 seemed to be about right. There were 4 bars, 3 of which were located beach-side and 4th was off the lobby and had many TV's, pool tables and seating. The food was just average bar food. Bands started around 11am and went right thru till 1 or 2 am. Friday & Saturday nites the placed rocked!!! Prices were high in my opinion butt that's the price one pays for location & ambiance. Having a "Platinum Club" card helps with food & drink prices butt not really shore how to obtain one. A friend gave me one butt I also filled out application for one and was told I would receive it in a week. A week has come & gone so not really shore about that. The rooms were ok, nothing special butt only 100 bucks and came with frig and 2 double beds. The Beachcomber is in the process of up-grading all rooms and when I go back next time I'm shore to have one. I highly recommend staying here!!!

2  Thank DaveHarleyflhtk
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We love this hotel. It has everything I need for a great vacation in one spot. Rooms are nice, I love the courtyard of Palms. Two pools, great food and the entertainment is over the top at the bar. Music from 11 am to 3 am 7 days a week !! And the best part is all the staff are so nice and welcoming, it just makes your trip more relaxing !! My second trip here and will definitely go again.

1  Thank Julie201360
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We had a four nights' stay at the Beachcomber. On the plus side, it is convenient to everything at St Pete Beach. The staff is super friendly and helpful, and the grounds are well-maintained. The pools are nothing fancy, but are nice. However, the rooms are awful. The bathrooms are very tiny and appear unclean. Our sink was stained. The carpet was dirty (I wouldn't walk on it barefoot) and the TV was straight out of the 1990s. We didn't have a problem with noise from the bars, as our room was closer to the lobby. It's an ok place if you're just looking for a place to crash, but if you want a "resort," go elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed at the Beachcomber from 12/5 to 12/9/13 - The weather happened to be warmer than usual - 82 and sunny skies everyday so that made the trip even more wonderful..
I had room 418 the first three nights which was "okay" - didnt get a makeover yet. Then my plane was cancelled due to snow in Phila - so I checked out and checked back into room 221 on the other side . This room also on the 2nd floor was $25 cheaper and had a view of the beach and gulf. AND it already had its makeover....I would stay on that side again for the view for sure...Room 418 had a kitchenette but I didnt request it, they just upgraded me, however I was not on vacation to cook...All the rooms have refrigerators so unless you are cooking, a kitchenette is not needed.
The pool was older but nice .....Jimmy B's beach bar was exceptional...Had great live music every day for about 12 hours....Two to Three different bands each day. Loved it....Ask for a "Players Card" - you will get a discount on drinks and food at the bar. The "Player's Bar" up front was nice too but they kept it freezing so I liked the outdoor bar better. The staff including the maids, maintenance people and bartenders were absolutely wonderful - so friendly...
Great beach too - the only downfall for me was the humidity and the dampness at night - doesnt like my hair...I would reccommend this hotel for singles, couples, friends, solo - not for small children...Its more of a party place - the best on the beach!

2  Thank BarbCuch