“Stayed here before but won't be back”

Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Stephens City, VA
“Stayed here before but won't be back”
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I stayed here nearly 2 years ago and even wrote a review about it here. I must say that I won't be back. This is a true disappointment. From the moment of check-in, when the desk clerk stated that I could have saved money by booking directly with the hotel instead of online, I felt rubbed the wrong way. Arrival at my room confirmed my disappointment.

Water won't drain in bathroom sink. The room just feels unclean. The room and decor are certainly in desperate need of an upgrade. Air conditioning works too good. Can't find a comfortable level. Noisy too.

Parking does stink here. Make sure your back-up skills are polished before parking here. You'll need them.

The beach bar is a nice perk and they have live music daily. $3 for a cup of draft beer (10 ounce?) is a bit pricey, but this is a resort so expect to pay resort prices. My room was adjacent to the live music and I can't say that I could hear it. I think the air conditioner drowns out the outside noise.

The bottom line: When I walk in and the clerk tells me I could have saved money, well, like I said above, that rubs me the wrong way. If I weren't such a nice guy, I should have said "Shut up and give me a discount".

Maybe if they'd dump some money in and clean up and upgrade, I'd come back. In the meantime, should I decide to come back to this area in the future, I'll be looking for some place else to stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Wojo88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Finnish first
North Carolina
Reviewed 19 April 2010

The only thing that we did not like was the parking.....or lack thereof.....

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
winter haven
Reviewed 18 April 2010

nice hotel, friendly staff, nice ammenities, great beach-access and wonderful atmosphere. Rooms could have been a little more updated with better kitchen appliances and a flat screen, nowadays I think that would be standard.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
florida
Reviewed 17 April 2010

we come to the resort every other month because we live in orange city fl. by daytona beach but we stay in st.pete because my husband has cat scane for cancer i think this place is very nice and i would tell anyone to stay thire if they visit st.pete

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 17 April 2010

The resort was Beautiful! The rooms were very clean and nice. Staff was helpful. Free internet. Fully stocked kitchen. Close to everything. Safe! Best bar in town located right in resort!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank townsa
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Would definitely stay here again! Staff is professional and courteous, but also fun and friendly. Rooms large and clean. Resort is close to everything; great location.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Only reason I gave a 4 outta 5 rather than a 5 outta 5 was the room me and my girlfriend stayed in. It was waay too small for all the stuff they furnished it with. With two beds, a huge tv/dresser, two chairs, a night stand, a end table, and a mini fridge crammed in there, we could barely walk around everything. Other than that the place is great! The courtyard was beautifully manicured and features two pools. Excellent staff and service more than happy to answer any questions you have. Plus the location is awesome. Right on the beach, and right in the middle of the blvd with activities left and right. Also they sport two bar/restaraunts on the premises so you never have to go far for a bite to eat or a cocktail. So if your looking for a good value and spend most of your time outside your room (which is what me and my girlfriend do), it doesn't get much better than Beachcombers

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends