“great place to stay”
Review of Alden Suites

Alden Suites
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We've stayed at the Alden in the past,,but hadn't been there in a few years,,it hasn't changed much and is still 1 of the best places to stay while in St.Petes.The staff are very helpful and accommodating,the rooms are nice and clean,the maid service was good also.
On our next trip to the area we will deffinately be checking out the Alden again.
Ohhh 1 little problem ,might be the weekend crowds,,from weddings or other types of parties/affairs,,they can tend to be alittle noisy /rowdy.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank newf-couple c
Write a ReviewReviews (1,703)

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Overall the hotel is spotless throughout,the staff very helpful & friendly.The beachfront location is great,the suites are fine for 2 but it would be very cramped for 4,the walls must be paper thin as you can hear everything your neighbours are doing(I mean everything!)but the bathrooms really need to be updated,then there's the weekends when the place gets taken over by loudmouth drunks,who think it's ok to run around shouting,swearing etc.till the sun comes up.Although this was the same at the hotel next door,and this really spoilt our holiday.

Room Tip: pay extra for a beach view room,its worth it for the sunsets alone
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gasmanGuy
Reviewed 4 October 2011

The few positives:
* When I asked the receptionist for a seafood restaurant recommendation she was very helpful. She even printed out the menus and addresses of several local places.
* There are no "resort fees" like many other hotels charge and the parking was free.
* The location is very nice. We were able to step out of our first floor room and be right on the beach.
* The gas grills are free to use, but unfortunately many people are inconsiderate slobs and don't clean up after themselves...leaving chunks of burnt food behind for others.
* The flowers and trees along the walkways are lovely.

The negatives which far out way the positives:
* Whirlpool had a ring of scum around it
* Maintenance man came in our room while we were making dinner to change the air conditioner filter. It took at least 15 minutes.
* I walked around on the carpeting in my white socks one evening and they turned black by the time I went to bed.
* The ice machine nearest to our room was filthy, had a big hole in it, and didn't work. The stairwell that it was in was also disgusting.
* The hotel uses recycled water in their pools. Whatever you do, don't drink the pool water.
* The door lock was loose and needs to be replaced.
* The walls of the hotel room must be paper thin because the noise outside our door on a Saturday night was unbearable. People coming and going, walking, talking, screaming. We heard it all...ALL NIGHT LONG!
* The Internet service is not free.
* The bedroom was dark.

Overall the Alden has nice amenities but is very dirty. Don't be deceived by the beautiful pictures which are taken from a distance..

Room Tip: Go to the Doubletree in North Redington Beach instead.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank dvbassist
Reviewed 28 September 2011

This was my second stay at the resort. I left important documents in my room that would have been impossible to replace. A diploma, old photos, etc. The hotel tracked me down, no easy feat and asked me if I wanted them shipped. I was really impressed. They were sitting loose on top of the tv and could have been pitched by housekeeping. The housekeeper who cared enough to turn in these items is a valuable employee!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank mrsnitpicky
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Stayed on the 5th floor and the view of the beach was amazing. The room was very spacious with the living and kitchen adjacent to the balcony and down the hall were the 2 beds along with another TV. The room service was great too. Amenties on the webiste mentioned FULL Kitchen however no oven was in our room and the 2 burners for the stove only worked on high so cooking (and burning) food was quick.

Room Tip: Book the HOH room. I did and got the biggest, nicest rooms out of all the suites all while paying $3...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This is the second time we have stayed here. In 2008, I took both of my kids and family. This time, in July 2011, I took just my Daughter, and 6 year old Granddaughter. We stayed in the new King suite Bermunda Room. It was very nice and just the right size for us. The only thing wrong was the King bed. It must have been the cheapest one they could afford. It was like a rock sleeping on it. I ended up sleeping on the sofa bed most of the time and letting the 6 year old sleep there with her mother. My Daughter and I both had backaches from sleeping on the king bed. Hospitality was Great. Had one minor incident with housekeeper, but once we told management, everything was very good. My daughter thinks we should make this an every year event. I told her she better start saving her money, because I can't afford to foot the bill every year. My daughter-in-law told me that next year the twins will be 3 and they can go.

Room Tip: Nassau Suites were a lot roomer, specially if you were going to cook or eat in them a lot. Also the...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Gloriousglo
Reviewed 23 September 2011

i love this place, i have traveled all over the world and have stayed in many hotels from one to five stars and i have to say this is my all time favorite hotel and area to vacation. The Alden is so comfortable its like a second home. The staff are friendly, the rooms are very clean and spacious, and the layout of the property is perfect. Its the best value in the area as well. Cant wait to go back again.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great but the ground floor beside the pool are the best for quick runs for drinks...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends