“Awesome place to stay!”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Labrador City, Newfoundland And Labrador
“Awesome place to stay!”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I just returned from a 16 day trip to the Alden. Myself and three friends stayed in a suite on the 5th floor overlooking the beach. What a view! I requested a specific room as I stayed there with two friends last year and loved it. They were unable to give me the room I had requested but gave me one right below which worked just as well for the view. I love this place for many reasons. The staff are so friendly and helpful, the place is clean, everything is close. there are so many good places to eat that are nearby, the grocery store is close. Everything you need is in walking distance and there is even a free beach ride, all you need is a tip! It is right on the beach, the sand comes right in to the hotel. This year they had a meet and greet each Wednesday with hot food, free drinks and a draw for prizes. That was a nice addition, and next year they are planning a snack bar on sight. They have a little store, Grab & Go, which carries just about everything you may need. There is also a laundry room if you need it. The heated pools and hottubs are definitely a plus and they even have barbeques that you can use. I just love this place! I will probably go back each year I loved it so much!! It is so quiet and when you settle in, you don't want to leave!

Room Tip: View of the Beach!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
What a great review!

We take pride in all the aspects of true hospitality and very much appreciate it when a guest takes the time to compose such a wonderful review.

Thanks again for the kind remarks,

President & part owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed at the Alden in January 2012. The location - right on the beach - was fabulous! Our room was clean and spacious and the staff was very accommodating. We enjoyed the pool and the pool bar. You can walk to lots of shops and restaurants. We will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed at the Alden for 2 nights Feb 27-28 for a business trip. When I checked in, the staff was absolutely fabulous to me. They were courteous, helpful, and very kind. My room was easy to find and when I walked into it, I was thrilled! I stayed in a Bermuda King suite. It overlooked the pool. The kitchenette was more of a full kitchen. The room was very clean and quite large. The AC unit was a bit loud, but bearable. I will stay with Alden every time I go to St. Pete! I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: If you're solo and don't want a private deck or a view of the Gulf, the Bermuda King Suite i...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
The Bermuda Suite is a perfect entry level suite and totally renovated in the fall or 2010

Thanks for the nice review,

North Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Just returned from a 7 day stay with a family size of 6....stayed in a Gulf front Barbados style room, which was great as we had some space separate from the kids at night. We requested a full size kitchen/Gulf front and got both. The only downfall to the room was the "stand on deck". I will give up separate space next time around for a larger deck. The staff was totally willng to move us when a room became available, but we opted to not change since we had 4 kids on tow. The place had plently for kids to do and adults to do. We loved the Cabana Bar on the beach and really loved Glenn, the bartender. He has a great personality and made our vacation week great. This place is great for the price. Rooms were clean, view was great, grounds were clean and kept. We will be back again, hopefully next year~!

Room Tip: Golf Front, full size fridge, large balcany.......
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TashaMaureen
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thanks very much for the kind review...

When guests find out that they we can easily accommodate a family in our large suites, they do not need to rent two regular "rooms", thus saving $$$. Our suite rates are comparable to other Beach hotel "room" rates, but we offer so much more space and comfort for the same amount!

As we always say: At Alden Suites, " get a suite for the price of a room"

Thanks again for the nice review, and come see us again soon,

Thank
Boston,MA
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed at the Alden in a cayman suite overlooking the ocean for 4 nights Feb 20th to Feb 24th. Once again the place is consistently a very good value for the dollar. The grounds are clean and well maintained, the pools are warm, and the rooms are comfortable. The maids do an excellent job refreshing the rooms daily. This is an older property, but the staff really keeps after the place. Since we travel with a family, I enjoy the suites which allow us (the wife & I) to have some space after the kids go to bed. It looks like the bedroom was designed originally for full sized beds, but I gladly forfeit having a narrow aisle on both sides in order to have two queen sized beds. Not much else to say, we'll be back again within 2 years.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Eddie_the_Litho
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
What a nice review! Thanks for the positive comments about your stay in one of our Cayman Suites. Once guests realize that our suites are perfect for families traveling with kids, they often return many times. We take pride in the quality of our product, as well as our quality of service, they go hand in hand.

Thanks again,

Springfield, IL
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed at the Alden for seven nights - 2/12 - 2/19/12. The Nassau Suite was nice - pretty clean and large. Problems noted by others in previous reviews is the noise level - too bad there isn't a night time Security person walking around as this might cut down on the loud guests. One night there was a yelling match between a couple, another night a fight among young males drinking and trying to decide who should drive for more beer, two other nights the noise from the band across the street very loud until midnight. In addition backing up to two parking lots is also noisy from very early morning when people are leaving and slamming doors and car lock alarms. The Front Desk response to the band noise was that they "could" call in a non emergency police complaint but that there was not an law against the band playing. Not much the Alden can do with current design as the exterior doors probably can't be soundproofed and people are walking, yelling and making noise in parking lots and outside of the Alden's control. Also children running and yelling on the exterior walkways very late at night - again maybe staff presence is needed. The location is good, the beach access is wonderful and the pool areas were quiet, relaxing and well kept as were the grounds. If you want rest and quiet consider another property.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Midwest588
Richwood, OH
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We are coming in April and from all the reviews I have read it sounds pretty good. Me my sister and our 4 kids will be coming and we are excited and with all the pictures we have seen we can't wait. Will be sure to write a review once we are there!

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Can't wait to see you!

April is one of the best, if not THE best month of the year, from a weather standpoint....usually lows in the high 60's and highs in the low 80's...perfect beach weather!

See you soon,