“Love the Alden”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
“Love the Alden”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was our second stay at the Alden, and we will be back. We love that it is a family run hotel! We had a gulf front suite, which consisted of a bedroom with a king size bed, bathroom with a separate sink, a kitchenette, a living area AND a balcony looking over the powdery white sand and blue waters of St. Pete Beach. You step outside onto the beach and in the evening you can watch the sunset! The rooms are clean and the housekeeping staff does a great job. The new hot tub is awesome!! It is not a fancy place - and there are a few things that could use a little updating, but for the price you get an excellent value.

Room Tip: If you want to sit on your balcony and see the gulf ask for a gulf front suite
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kim K
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Very nice! We appreciate the positive remarks about our family run hotel!

President & part owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
London, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I believe this is my 5th year at the Alden and it keeps getting better. To my surprise, they have updated the beds, TVs, and hot tub! Firstly, the beds are better then most high end hotel chains, they are so comfortable and offered a wonderful nights sleep. I do not watch much TV but they replaced their tub-TVs with nice flat screens (if this is important to you!). Lastly, the new hot tub is incredible and they got rid of their secondary hot tub on the second level. This hot tub can likely fit 15 people comfortably!

Only negative I have this year is they replaced the 8 cup coffee maker with a single cup coffee maker. This problem was fixed rather quickly when I call the front desk. Within minutes I had a new 8 cup maker. THANKS!

I will see you next year!

Room Tip: Does not have a fitness center, but was delighted to know that with your hotel room key you have acc...
2 Thank Ryan H
Winona, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My mom, sister, and I took our first FL beach vacation and we really enjoyed the Alden. When we first walked up to the room my mom was nervous because the outside hallways looked a little rough but I was very surprised when we walked in. We stayed in a deluxe gulf front room with 2 beds and pull out sofa. I loved that it had a kitchenette but the pull out was like sleeping on a box of rocks. The beds were nice though :) It was convenient to the beach and the pool. We rented the cabanas on the beach for $20 and Peter was very nice!! There are many restaurants in the area, subway across the street, a Walgreens and a grocery store in the area also. Their were a couple beach towels in the room which was a plus and they let us have a late checkout so we could enjoy the beach before our late flight. I would definitely stay again and maybe this time have a larger group and stay on the ground floor. If you choose the ground level just be aware of the groups sitting outside your room, they might keep you up at night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MNgals
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
This guest stayed in a completely renovated (just finished in Sep 2013) Deluxe Gulf front suite (AKA the Lanai Suites) and as we speak, we are resurfacing the outside corridor to look and feel brand new!

Sofa sleepers are what they are....usually for the kids who think of them as an adventure in sleeping, but I have yet to find one that is 100% comfortable for adults, although we have brand new ones in this suite type.

Thanks for the kind comments and please come see us again soon!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 November 2013

St. Pete Beach is an outstanding beach and so is Alden Resort. We had a suite with two rooms, making it very private, plus a view of the beach from the living room/kitchenettte and balcony. The mattress and pillows were plush and comfy. No need to drive, just walk to fabulous restaurants, like Snappers, Toaster Monkey. The kitchenette is a plus. The staff will let you use the facilities before check in. Great staff but don't rely on them for directions to places. Bring your own lounge chair to the beach unless you want to spend $20 a day for chairs and umbrella use.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the ocean, a must.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kay F
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Our full service suites are second to none on St Pete Beach and that's why we continue to receive such positive reviews like this one!

Thanks very much,

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Perfect location and convenient to everything. Suite was right by pool and easy to walk out to beach as well. Easy walk to a couple other fun local tiki bars on the beach. Would go again without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Short and sweet and to the point....

Thanks for the nice review,

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Just stayed at the Alden Suites for 4 nights, we had a great experience. I was traveling with my wife and 4 year old daughter, we had a king suite by the pool at first I was a little dissappointed that we didn't book a room by the beach until we checked in and noticed that we were by the pool and only a few steps away from the beach. We were very happy with our room and my daughter liked having her own bed (pull out couch). The kitchen area was really conveinent and helped us save money by making our own food. For the price I could not have asked for more, the staff was very friendly and helpful with directions. The hotel was very clean and we are hoping to be able to afford another trip to the Alden next year. If we ever have the money to go back to Florida we will definetly be staying here again.

2 Thank star_spur
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thanks for the nice review...

We do want all guests to have such positive experiences and our amenity package with kitchen facilities in the suites certainly helps maintain the "eating out every meal expense" that eats into a vacation budget (pun intended).

Thanks again and please come back (We love the Indiana folks!)

albuquerque
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Since I’ve been to St. Pete’s few years ago, I knew which stretch of beach I wanted to be along and Alden worked out great. The beach was close as well as the bus stop, so we did not even rent a car. There are two major supermarkets along the gulf blvd (about 4 bus stops till the closest one). Comfort wise it was laid back- family style with fully equipped kitchenette and dining area. We had a studio with king size bed and pull-out sofa and it was very spacious for two people. We did luck out, since ours was a corner unit and it had two windows (other units only had one). Also I was glad it wasn’t a ground floor, since the traffic along the major path around the pools would have been too noisy for me. The breezeway/balcony area was very wide (in the middle building), so it was a great outdoor area; we even got to watch a great fireworks display from it without running down to the beach. The fireworks display was a freebee from someone’s wedding from the next door resort! With the kitchen we cooked most of the time, but I tried Mad Fish restaurant and liked it a lot (see that review) The personnel was very friendly and helpful with all our requests (I even liked their uniforms much better than those of the resort next door – all that tropic print would drive me nuts) The Décor was beach themed without being overbearing and kitschy, exactly to provide the relaxing and informal atmosphere I prefer in a hotel. The bath was spacious with a window and a great showerhead. We never felt that we were running out of towels or other supplies (which happened in other beach hotels), that for me means luxury, so thank you Alden for that!!! The housekeeping was done everyday and the lady had adjusted to our schedule. I had checked the reviews before reserving this hotel, so these are my comments on some negative aspects. Per my companion the sofa bed was a challenge to be comfortable on, but she flipped her head to the edge (180 degrees) and it worked out for her. The bed is on a harder side, but I got used to it. What I couldn’t really get used to is the AC unit; it works even in off position. The irritating part was the cycling on/off – I would rather have a constant hum. The only solution I found is to leave the on function at night, since the AC turns on from a motion sensor (that way the AC still turned on through the night but not as often). Overall I feel that I got great value for the money with this stay.

2 Thank princess_on_the_road
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
We appreciate the kind remarks about the Alden and the time it takes to compose such a nice review...

Thanks again,