Alden Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
  • Pool
Gulf Tides Inn(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Beach Haven(St. Pete Beach)
1,869 results
All reviewscabana barfood truckhot tublanai suitetennis courtspete beachbeach frontcovered parkingshuffle boardpool viewfirst floorcorn holeliving roomfull kitchenpull out sofasmall kitchenettefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed as part of a reunion group of folks who worked together in the 1980s, and it was our second time here. I am a former general manager and the first thing that hits me when I stay at this property is that almost all the staff, including housekeeping and maintenance staff, look you in the eye and greet you (that is really rare). The location of the property, directly on the Gulf of Mexico, cannot be beat, and the accommodations are very comfortable - and most importantly, very clean. The kitchenettes in the suites are wonderful for fixing breakfast or lunch, and the property is situated very close to many restaurants. If you are looking for a relaxing and friendly place to stay, I can highly recommend the Alden.

Room Tip: Suites facing the Gulf are pricier, of course, but you cannot beat the view. However, the suites without the Gulf views (where we stayed last time) are also really nice, and the beach is right around the corner.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Well said!

Our Employees go out of their way to be friendly, courteous, and professional.

Thanks for the nice comments about our suites, location, and our staff!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

ok rooms, not the cleanest place but did the job. The beach was great. The pool was not so good, small, crowded. I guess good for kids. Location was good, easy to find. Little kitchen was good for making snacks and keeping drinks cold.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

if you wish to visit the west coast of fla. st pete beach is one of many great places. the Alden suites resort is located directly on the beach along side many other resort hotels. the difference is in the cost and every suite seems to have been refurbished and comfortable. the building itself is of the older fla. style but it is well kept and very clean.
the cost is lower then the upscale places that surround the alden but if you come for the beach it is all the same. tennis 2 pools hot tub private villas tiki bar and fire pitts at the edge of the property on the beach. very good restaurants of all levels are within walking distance or short ridesif you chose not to cook or grill on the many grills available all in all a great spot to spend in the sun. the only flaw was the need to rent a sun shaded, two lounge cabana for $.

Room Tip: all suites be sure to ask for a balcony suite overlooking the beach, well worth the great sunsets and a nice glass of wine. we toasted many glorious moment. go for the 2nd 3rd floor over looking the ocean parties occasionally get a bit noisy but not awful unless you go during gaspirilla pirate invasion.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the very nice comments....

The only topic that I feel I need to respond to is the beach cabana rentals: We do no operate that business, it is handled by an independent beach services vendor. They only charge $20 for a full day, and it is all brand new (Sep 2013) equipment.

We do not charge resort fees (like many of the local hotels) that can be from $15-35 per day, even if you do not use any of the amenities that are included with the resort fee.

Thanks again for the nice comments,

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We enjoyed our 5 day stay at the Alden Suites. It is at a very convenient location to many of the activities in the St. Pete Beach area including access to the wonderful visitor opportunities of St. Petersburg. The facility overall appeared to have a few years of age, but it was for the most part well maintained with many amenities...pools, spa, beach cabanas, many places for outdoor relaxing, 2 nice tennis courts and even a table tennis table. Our suite was on the 6th (top) floor of the facility fronting directly on the beautiful white sand beach. The furnishings in the suite were quite modest and basic, especially in the living room area. The kitchen area is advertised as "fully equipped," however, our suite did not have a full stove with an oven and contained only the bare minimum kitchen utensils and table service. We had only a small cook top and microwave to cook our meals. The beds were quite nice. For the money, our accommodations were very adequate and the people were quite nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill R

Most of the suites have an oven, however some do not, but still have kitchens, which is a rarity in local St Pete Beach hotels.

Next visit, simply ask for a suite type that has full cooking facilities.

Thanks for the review,

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I am staying here now with my kids in a pool side 1 bedroom suite, 4th floor. Overall impression is that this is a well taken care of place. Nothing fancy, but probably the best deal on the beach. The amenities in the room are great, efficiency with separate bedroom and kitchen/eating/living area with a nice balcony overlooking one of the heated pools. Nice grill area to cook, clean pools, free wifi, parking and coffee in lobby, nice cabana bar. Nothing to really point to to say I wouldn't come back. But, there are a lot of smokers staying here which I know the resort cannot control - just unfortunate if you're trying to avoid this. The only disappointment I have that the resort can control is the overall cleanliness of the room. Not the day-to-day making of the beds and new towels etc but the room is somewhat old and unless the reset button is hit periodically and the room completely cleaned once over, you start to notice the dirty light switches and outlets (an easy and inexpensive fix), dirty walls, dirty door handles/knobs, worn and dirty corners where walls meet, hair in the bathtub upon arrival, dirty corners of the floor where the walls meet the floor etc. it just needs a thorough cleaning outside of the day-to-day. I feel like I should go through it with sanitary wipes to get that layer of guck off. Nice hot tub too, but cigarette ashes around the edge, cig butts and beer bottle caps make you wonder who was in there last. It's just after noon which tells me no one has cleaned the hot tub area since last night. A little extra tlc on the rooms (scrub them down once in a while!) that have not been renovated would go a long way I think. Despite this, we are enjoying our stay and hope management takes positive action.

Stayed: February 2014

I was concerned reading about the overall cleanliness issue in this poolside suite....I am surprised, as we complete "deep cleaning" of each and every one of the 143 suites, in the late fall of each year. I will personally inspect some of the poolside suites this week.

This is a rare review, in that we usually receive rave reviews in this regard.

The hot tub area is non smoking and no glass containers allowed on the deck. I am sorry that you experienced both in one day...this is unacceptable, as that area is supposed to be checked periodically each day and night, by our Housemen.

I am pleased to hear the nice comments about our huge suites and the other free amenities that this guest cited.

We will follow up ASAP!