“Fantastic stay and highly recommend staying here”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alden Suites

Alden Suites
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Weeki Wachee, Florida
“Fantastic stay and highly recommend staying here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I came down from Hernando County and stayed here October 31st and liked it so much we decided to stay the next week as well. They were pet friendly and we're everything they are advertised. My wife and I had a very restful stay and our dog loved it. I would gladly stay here again

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Keith S
Thanks!

Our pet friendly suites (9 Junior Suites on the ground floor of the courtyard building) are a huge favorite, so much that we are considering adding another floor of 9 more pet friendly suites in the near future!

President & part owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I really loved the Alden Suites. We stayed in a gulf suite and the view was wonderful. I was impressed by how clean the grounds and rooms were kept. We would stay at the Alden Suites again if we travel to St. Pete's Beach again. I do, however, have one complaint. I booked the room through Funjet and my reservation said ROH Gulf Suite. I called the Alden a few weeks ahead of arrival to ask what ROH meant. The woman I spoke with said it meant "Run of House" and that the staff could place us in any of the gulf side rooms at their discretion. I asked if I need to pay more in order to stay in my choice of rooms and she asked what I was looking for. I told her wanted a room on the 4th, 5th or 6th floor with a balcony, because we really love to spend time on the balcony. She said that would be no problem. The night of our arrival we were given a lovely room on the 6th floor, but it had a very tiny balcony with barely room for two chairs. Next morning I went to the front desk to see if we could move to a room with a larger balcony. Alex said one would be available on Tuesday, that the large balcony is an extra $100 per night but he would only charge me $35 per night. I went down on Tuesday morning and another person was at the front desk who knew nothing of the arrangement. Luckily, there was still a room available and I was able to change to a room with a larger balcony, but was told it would be and extra $70.00 per night. I was on vacation and didn't want to argue so we did pay the extra $70.00. The bottom line is that there seems to be confusion about the cost. I wish when I had called a few weeks prior to arrival that the lady I had spoken with had let me know I would automatically be placed in a room with a small balcony unless I wanted to pay extra, especially since I had asked about cost.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Julie G
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
This review gives me the chance to explain what ROH means (Run of the House). This is a significantly reduced room rate (20-30% less than published rates) that guarantees a Gulf front suite, but it is based on availability upon check in. If the very best, and biggest suites are available at check in, you get a very attractive deal! However, the "gamble" is that if not the very biggest and best suite, you will at least get a Gulf front suite, but it may not have the lager balcony, and it may have two queen beds, two double beds, or a king bed. If you want to secure the exact suite type that you prefer, you need to accept the slightly higher rate than the severely discounted ROH rate.

I hope this explains this very common hotel pricing practice.

Thanks very much,

St. Paul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We enjoyed our few days at Alden Suites. We splurged on a gulf front suite and were glad we did--especially since one day was rainy--so we could still enjoy the view of the beach, swaying palms, and ocean from our sliding glass doors. Travelling with 2 teens, it was great having the separate bedroom and two TVs. The kitchenette was perfect for breakfast and snacks--we stocked up at the Publix less than a mile away. Loved the balcony, the view, the location. This is not a swanky 4-star resort, but a comfortable, cheery, family-friendly place, which is more our style. We would go again.

Room Tip: We were in a gulf-front suite on the 6th floor with a private balcony. Couldn't quite see the su...
1 Thank Jwriter
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
This guests makes an excellent point about Alden Suites: Due to the suite configuration, a family of 4+ can occupy one suite, but still maintain "space" within the two room suites, that include a full size bedroom and a separate living room / kitchen area, versus having to rent two individual rooms at a significant higher combined room rate...plain and simple, best bang for the buck on St Pete Beach!

Thanks for the kind review,

Monmouth, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

My first time ever writing a review. I had stayed in St Pete's before at other places with my family and was not impressed. Alden resort changed all that: staff was friendly; resort was clean; best pricing; and I will be returning again with my wife and daughter. For price and cleanliest this is the place to stay. We stayed in a pool side room and a gulf suite. Both were great. Thanks Alden staff for a great vacation. P.S. for cabanas see Peter he is awesome. He took great care of us.

Room Tip: Book one of the top three floors for a Gulf front suite.
1 Thank Jeff D
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
We pride ourselves on the "best bang for the buck" on St. Pete Beach and this review validates our pride!

Thanks very much,

Boca Raton, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

My wife and I were very impressed with the Alden suites. The room was very clean and very well furnished. It was like a little apartment. The help was fantastic. They even put a small dog pen in the room for our 10 lb maltese which he loved. They had a great happy hour at their outside bar which is right on the edge of a large white sand beach. We are looking forward to staying here again whenever we come to St Petersburg. MonikaFL.

1 Thank MonikaFL
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thanks very much for the kind remarks!

Newton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked online ,arrived and was not that thrilled with that outside but I figured it was only to sleep so I said what the heck, I was there to drop my daughter off at college,we arrived in a very small room with one small window ,after a 4 hour flight she took a nap and laid down and watched tv ,as I was in bed from the corner of my eye I noticed something HUGE crawling on the bathroom wall, closer look I could tell it was a roach I woke my daughter and Immediately called the front desk and told him what i saw and asked soemone get here fast, of course by the time he got there it was already crawled back to where it came from but believe you me it was the biggest thing I have ever seen, He tried to assure me that it was not a roach,how can he say that have'nt not seen it, I packed my bags and asked for a refund which they finally gave back, I was told you have to accept that because its florida and by the water,, NO I dont have to accept sleeping with roaches , I stayed on the water at another resort with no bugs.. DONT DO IT

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lisa S
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
This was an unfortunate incident...

This guest checked into one of only 4 regular "rooms", the other 139 being suites. It is a small hotel room and the room rate is very low, due to mostly "walk ins" in these smaller rooms.

WE have excellent pest control service, but in Florida, sometimes palmetto bugs sneak in, but rest assured it is a very infrequent occurrence, and for this guest I apologize. The staff responded immediately, but, just like the guest said, the insect vanished.

This is the first insect remark I have seen in many months....

Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

visiting this year for the third time from Scotland we know it will be amazing cant wait cabana bar really relaxed tell chris or david they have nothing to remember you will love their company if you don't enjoy your stay you are hard to please

Room Tip: we prefer beach/ocean view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
We love the folks from Scotland!