We stayed at the Alden with some family members while visiting for a wedding. We traveled with our 3 kids and stayed in a double queen room that was huge. The bedroom was separated by a door from the rest of the room and the bathroom. It had a pullout couch and very decently sized kitchenette with full fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher and a table with 4 chairs. We had a balcony overlooking one of the pools. We weren't in our room for a majority of the trip, but it was very convenient to be able to use the room to spread out and not be cramped. There were many amentities at the resort, including shopping and dining within walking distance, easy access to the beach, sand volleyball, ping pong, tennis courts, shuffleball, hot tub, etc. The cabana bar was nice, and the drinks were generous and delicious.
The parking was pretty bad, I will admit. We jockeyed for a shaded space every day, and I even saw some people having to park across the street when the lot filled up. Because of space, I realize there's nothing the resort can really do about this, but it is a pain! I also wish the resort had a restaurant. It would have been used by our family instead of sandwiches for lunch each day. I'd recommend bringing your own awning or sun shade for the beach. The cabanas were overpriced and not really worth it.
Also, a word of warning to travelers with kids - it is SUPER easy for someone who doesn't even know how to read to order a ridiculously overpriced movie on the in-room TV. (Ask me how I know...) We had no idea about the movie purchase until check-out, and when we tried to dispute it, we got no sympathy from the clerk. Oh well, we reluctantly paid the $20 since it ultimately was our mistake.
Overall, we enjoyed staying here, the staff was really friendly, the grounds were well-maintained, and I noticed that the rooms are currently being remodeled since a family member was staying in a more updated room. Our non-updated room didn't bother me in the least, and the room-darkening curtains were a blessing for mid-afternoon naps. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alden Suites, located directly on St Pete Beach, is an all-suite getaway experience featuring an array of amenities. Nestled against the blue-green waters and white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico you'll find a unique resort that lives up to its inspired surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Alden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alden Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Alden Beach Resort And Suites
- Alden Resort
- Alden Suites St. Pete Beach, Florida