“A bit shabby, great location did the job for 3 nights” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dolphin Beach Resort

Dolphin Beach Resort
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
London, United Kingdom
“A bit shabby, great location did the job for 3 nights”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is tired and run down, but with loads of potential..
We checked in and given our key- went to the room and it was not made up... This happened twice.
On the 3rd attempt we got a made up room over looking carpark- great advantage...loads of room.
We headed to the beach bar- really good but again in need of TLC. Pool was ok but never saw anyone checking PH levels or doing any cleaning. On the beach which was a bonus, free parking. Wifi was temperamental. No safety deposit boxes.Pool side bar food was I think brought in as we got in in plastic to go boxes with no real cutlery all plastic.
Hotel staff all pleasant - just don't expect too much with the decor..rooms spacious and ideally get a ground floor pool facing so you can step out to poolside or beach ...

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Polish first
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Beautiful large spacious room with heavenly pillows,super luxurious bed and European style duvet (comforter) I loved this hotel. Staff was super friendly and made me feel welcome. Hotel was smack dab on the most heavenly white sandy beach. I stayed from mon to Friday for some much needed relaxation and this hotel ticks all the boxes!!! I willl definetly be back!

Big bonus is its right across the stree from supermarket and drugstore where you can buy essentials and the hotel has a pretty large fridge and microwave

Room Tip: All rooms were quiet. No noise at all not even by the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mary H
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The room and lobby needed serious updating and the ac vents needed to be cleaned. The ceiling and wall where the air vent was blowing was black and I'm glad we did not stay for more than 2 nights as my sinuses were being affected by the ac situation. It was nice to have a bar and restaurant although the food mediocre and it was closed by 9:30. For the most part the staff was very friendly especially the cabana rental guys. Loved the beach, location and the pool area was nice although the lounge chairs were bolted to the floor so you couldn't move into or out of the shade without moving to a different chair. I liked that we had a bottom floor room next to the pool however, you couldn't access your room from the pool unless you propped the door open. You had to walk through the hall and back down/up to get in from the interior. I wouldn't rate it as poor nor average, but somewhere in between.

Room Tip: Be sure to check your AC as soon as you check. Our friends had to change rooms and ours was dirty an...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Tavares, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This is the first time I've stay at this resort. I've stayed at several resorts in the Pinellas Beaches. I don't find any thing special about this one. I believe there are better places on the Pinellas Beaches. I know because I've stayed in them. The service staff was very helpful and friendly. The prices were just OK. Again this place is nothing special. I can't recommend this location. I don't plan on retiring.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have spent hundreds of dollars and stayed at luxury hotels. Never would I have guessed the BEST service, most polite staff ( all the way around ) and the cleanest rooms would have been found at this resort ! It is A+ and gets a 100% satisfaction rating from this guest and his family !
The room was spotless. The staff, all the way from the front desk,the excellent restaurant staff, housekeepers and maintenance were the most cordial I have ever encountered. Gracious and appreciative for you being a guest . They bend over backwards to make your stay carefree and worry free. And did I mention POLITE ? Every staff member that sees you gives a big smile and a "Hello". The price is unbelievably reasonable.
Our room was spotless as were the grounds, the hallways and the pool. Instant access to the well groomed and clean beach.
I could go on for hours pointing out the positives of this establishment. Just really the greatest vacation we have ever had. We were only going to stay two nights but enjoyed the hotel so much we extended our stay. We will be back and the Dolphin Beach Resort is our new "home away from home" when we head to the beach ! A special thanks to Joe (front desk), Brenda ( waitress ) and Sarah (housekeeping) just to name a few.
Joseph Maniscalco

Room Tip: We had first floor as to be able to walk right to the pool and beach.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mejoetaz
Odessa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The staff was nice but the room needed updating in the bathroom area. There were spaces in the ceiling tiles where bugs could get in and yes we had a large roach on the wall when we checked in. I didn't see any bugs after the initial one but it kind of took the wind out of my sail.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank madison1114
DolphinBeachResort, Owner at Dolphin Beach Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We are disappointed that we couldn't satisfy your vacation needs. While it's most likely not much consolation, we are planning bathroom renovations as we speak, as we too believe this is an area of deficiency in comparison to the rest of our guestrooms. We hope we can convince you to stay with us again after we finish renovations!

Travellers are raving about these St. Pete Beach hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great pool,restaurant on site with room service ,bar at pool.
Best beach in St. Pete by far, parking was good ,but there is only 1 Handicap spot.
Everything within walking distance..

Will definitely stay again