“Amazing dinner!”

The Don CeSar
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Went here with a group. Service was exceptional. Grouper looked amazing crab cakes and tostones very good. Short rib appetizer excellent.Fine quality dining at its best. Nice location for a special dinner.

• Stayed: February 2014
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Amazing Dinner! Music to my ears!

Thanks for your kind words! I'm happy to hear that your group dinner went so well! Sounds like you enjoyed a nice selection of Chef Jose's cuisine in a fantastic setting!

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Loews Don CeSar Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,938)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The food, the customer service and just the place itself is wonderful. Jeff, laura, jafi, lucy, charlie and all the people that work at the pool area are amazing. They never forget your name. They are very kind and patient. We wouldn't consider ever going anywhere else in St. Pete!

Room Tip: All the rooms we have ever stayed in were very clean and neat
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thanks so much for the kind words!

We are very proud of our pool team, they are genuinely very passionate about delivering an amazing guest experience. I appreciate you taking notice and recognizing some of them by name!

Just as amazing, as you noted, is our food and customer service! We do have a great team here at Loews Don CeSar and we are happy that you had such a great experience.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Spent 4 short days at the Don CeSar for a quick spring break get away with my wife and college age daughter. Staff was awesome from the start. Valet parked and my car was always ready and waiting when asked. The pool and beach are phenomenal . Michael who was or waiter pool side was fantastic. Food and drinks also. We ate at the Maritana Grill and had one of the most wonderful dining experiences ever. Our room was spacious and elegant. The entire property exudes an era of past when these types of properties ruled such as the Drake in Chicago or the Broadmoor in Colorado. Not an inexpensive venture but well worth the price. I will be back.

Room Tip: The beach view rooms are smaller than the ones with no view. You really don't spend much time in...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I'm glad you were able to experience an awesome Spring Break getaway here at Loews Don CeSar and that you found your stay with is "worth the price."

We're very passionate about everything here at our iconic "Pink Palace," from our fantastic food and beverage to our phenomenal pool and beach, I'm delighted that you were able to step back into elegance with us!

I'll be sure to pass your comments along to Michael by the pool! He is a great asset to our Loews family.

Thanks for allowing us to be your Spring Break getaway destination and we hope to welcome you and your family back soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Don Caeser Hotel. We had a lovely time. Great room, lovely bed and pool areas, shops , restaurants and beach all fantastic.
My kids loved Camp Caeser and we must compliment the ever patient and fun Coby who kept a lot of kids happy!
My issues were with extra charges for beach chairs, kids club in the afternoons which was very expensive and parking. With the room rates quite high and a 25 dollar resort fee I fail to understand why there are still even more charges!
We felt the Don could be the most perfect stay ever there just needed to be a little more attention to detail through service and a think about extra charges.
We would return though it's a great stop with a family who wants a great beach hotel

• Stayed: April 2014
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback!

I'm delighted that you loved Camp CeSar and Coby, who is very passionate about taking care of our guests and their families. It's also good to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, bedding, pools and the many other on-site amenities available to our guests.

Your comments on paying more attention to detail through service, and our extra charges are appreciated.

We hope to welcome you back! Coby will be waiting.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We are locals in the area. We went to Tampa for the weekend and stopped here to consider it for our next stay. It is a landmark and is beautiful, yes, but still has an old feel to it. It was Easter weekend so of course very busy. Lots of families and lots of children. The lobby is a bit more modern design than we would have thought from the hotels history and outside architecture. So it has been updated but just has an awkward feel. It does have it's own beach that you can get to beyond the walk outdoors to the pool. The pool was nice but very crowded. The lounge area near the pool was dark and somewhat dingy upon entrance and a surprise to us. The rooms are very expensive as is most everything here. If that is ok with you ....then continue on. There is shopping within the hotel for upscale clothing, shoes, etc. It is difficult to find the right words because this hotel is unique but it is just not as sparkling as you would think from the online photos and for the cost. After our visit...we decided that we would not book the rooms.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bren G

I appreciate the feedback regarding your recent visit to Loews Don CeSar Hotel.

Your observations about our landmark property are well taken. As you can imagine preserving the historic feel of this iconic hotel, while providing guests with modern conveniences and a contemporary look, can be a challenge. The majority of our guests are very passionate about their "Don," as are we. We truly do the best to maintain the integrity of this iconic hotel while providing guests what they expect in modern-day travel.

We are constantly refurbishing areas of the hotel. We recently updated all our guest corridors and elevator landings, and we will begin updating our elevator cabs within the next month.

Like many hotels of our stature, we are, and always will be, refreshing and renovating our facility to provide guests with the best physical product, with the best service, that we can. I regret that you have chosen not to stay with us in the future. However, should you have a change of heart, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you.

Loews Don CeSar

and I'm disappointed that you have made the decision not to come and stay with us.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here for one night with two children aged 3 and 6. Got a rooms which had an awful view, air conditioning units on the roof.... and a barking dog in the next room...??! Had dinner at the beach bar which is in a lovely setting although food seriously over priced and service pretty slack.. had a good nights sleep in massive comfy bed and children slept well. Breakfast ok, although pretty limited buffet and grumpy chef...! lovely shops in the basement level. Its in a lovely setting just thought it cant decide whether its a 5 star or 3 star hotel... for the money i dont think i would go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I appreciate the feedback on your recent stay at Loews Don CeSar Hotel. I apologize if the view from your room was not up to your expectations, but I'm happy to hear that you and your children enjoyed a good nights sleep in one of our massive, comfy beds.

We agree, the views from the beach bar are spectacular. I'm glad to hear that you loved the setting, but disappointed to learn that your meals were not up to par. That is not typical for us and I'm sorry you were not satisfied.

Thank you again for your input and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future so that you can experience, what we feel, is a five star experience.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is one of the friendliest staffs I've ever encountered. Not only was every staff member helpful when asked, most asked how my day was going and could they do something to enhance my experience. This is a great "family" environment. Would have liked for chairs and umbrellas on the beach to have been included with room rate. I felt that with the price of drinks/food that I was 'nickel and dimed' to death. This facility stays booked so late checkouts were not possibilities. After checking out, went to brunch and tried to room charge and was told that I couldn't do that as the room had already been assigned to someone else. It got worked out but was a little embarrassing at the end. Beautiful venue.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

It makes my day when I read that guests find our staff so wonderful and accommodating. It makes it even better when I hear that they are one of the friendliest ever! I'm so happy that they helped make your stay so memorable!

Our friendly staff, paired with our great family environment and beautiful venue, certainly are the recipe for a delightful stay. I'm glad you took the time to share your experience.

I do apologize that you encountered an issue with charging your brunch to your room, but glad it all got worked out.

Thanks again for the kind words and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future!