“The beachfront hotel in St Petes!!!”
Review of The Don CeSar

The Don CeSar
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“The beachfront hotel in St Petes!!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My third time in the Don. It is expensive but worth it. The building is so impressive. Service is good. Staff are friendly . Poolside beds and towels are included in resort fee. Beach sun beds are extra. Car parking is $10 self park. Valet parking is more expensive . Would hope to return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dmillar12
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thanks for coming back for a third visit! It's so great to hear that you still find our building impressive, service good and staff friendly. Our staff is no doubt the best in the area! They are genuinely passionate, sincere and want to be certain each guest has a truly memorable stay.

We hope to see you back soon.

Loews Don CeSar Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We are locals, and had a birthday breakfast at the Don. The breakfast was just wonderful, the service over the top, and I did not mind giving this waiter 20% tip. The Don has never disappointed myself or my family, in which we have stayed there as guests many times.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Happy Birthday!

I'm really happy that you chose Loews Don CeSar as your place to celebrate, and that our team provided you "over the top" service - that's what we strive to do, and our staff is happy to do it!

It's great to hear that we have never disappointed you or your family and we hope to be a part of more birthday celebrations in the future!

nyc
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Don Cesar lives up to its reputation as a gorgeous beachfront hotel. Note the rooms are quite small including the bathrooms, however the staff is very friendly, the concierges are helpful and the beach is stunning! Go and relax and let Raul and his crew find you a spot in the sun - caveat - the drinks will take forever to arrive…

Room Tip: Call and speak directly to the hotel for assistance with the rooms, I needed an adjoining room and t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for sharing your comments! I'm excited to hear that we lived up to our reputation as a gorgeous beachfront hotel.

I am sorry that you found our rooms small, but I hope that our "very friendly" staff made up for any issues.

It's great to hear that you found Raul and his team on the beach - they are truly the experts in finding that right spot in the sun.

Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I spent a long weekend for our anniversary at the Don CeSar. It's a beautiful hotel. First and foremost the staff at this hotel were very friendly and very nice. I found out that some are part-timers who retired and work in the shops. This is an excellent hotel. The service is first class. We had a wonderful time and would love to come back. My only wish was that our room and bathroom could have been bigger. The space between the bed and desk was very tight and the bathroom can only handle one person in there at a time in front of the mirror. Room 466.
PS We also saw a celebrity staying at the same time we were here.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view are nice. We have a side view of the gulf.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
First off, Happy Belated Anniversary!

We're delighted that you chose our Pink Palce to celebrate, and that you found our staff to be genuinely friendly, nice and that they provided 1st class service! That's what it is all about and I am delighted you experienced such a great stay.

We hope to see you again soon and, maybe, you'll even have another special "celebrity sighting!" You never know.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at the Beach Suites just up the road. Spacious, well maintained and right on the beach.
We spent time at the main hotel pool, had lunch poolside and also had a light dinner at the lobby bar. The food was excellent.
The staff is amazing...thank you Tommy, Christy, Sid and Alexa for taking such good care of us!

Room Tip: The Beach Suites are a short walk from the main hotel and offer more room as well as a full kitchen...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our "gorgeous hotel." It truly is rewarding to hear from guests who are staying at the Beach House Suites, and how they appreciate and take full advantage of all the amenities we offer to them here at The Don! Glad you enjoyed the pool and experienced some great meals!

I'll be sure to share your comments with Tommy, Christy, Sid and Alexa! They'll be happy yo hear that they helped make your stay a memorable one.

Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am a little late on my review, I came here with my family for Thanksgiving and we had a great time. I have spent the last 2 Thanksgivings here & enjoy the special buffet they set up. I have also been here for Christmas & in August. This is my favorite place to stay to do nothing but relax. I've seen beautiful weddings take place, the sunsets are gourgous & I love watching the dolphins play while walking on the beach. Hope to be back very soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa H
Thanks for your comments! Better late than never, especially when they are as complimentary as yours!

I'm so happy to hear that you have not only made us your getaway spot for Thanksgiving, but that you spend your Chirstmas holidays with us as well.

Glad you have experienced our spectacular sunsets and had the chance to see the dolphins swimming offshore. Both of those experiences are memories that will stay with you forever.

We appreciate you making The Don your "favorite place" and we're looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was at the Don Cesar for 3 nights. The hotel was full but you wouldn't know it. Plenty of lounge chairs at the pools and on the beach. The service was outstanding in all areas of the hotel...restaurants, room service, concierge, bellman, front desk. The rooms are on the smaller side and the air conditioning in the rooms is a little tricky (woke up both nights freezing to death even though the ac was actually off...not sure why since it was in the mid 70's at night). The food is a little on the pricey side but it's very good. The beach is beautiful...soft, white powdery sand...not hard packed like some of the beaches on the Atlantic side. Definitely a destination hotel. Come here when you want to relax on a gorgeous beach. My only real complaint was the bed. I've noticed the beds at Loews brands are not as comfortable as some of their competitors and the Don Cesar is no different. Wasn't horrible but considering the price of the rooms I would expect better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for your comments about our beautiful beach and great service!

I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed outstanding service in all areas of our hotel, from the restaurants and room service, to our bell staff and front desk. That's what we strive to provide and I am delighted that we were able to make your visit a enjoyable one.

It's also great to hear that you were able to truly relax, however, I do apologize that our bedding was not up to your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Pete Beach
Sirata Beach Resort
Sirata Beach Resort
#14 of 32 in St. Pete Beach
Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Been to The Don CeSar? Share your experiences!