The Don CeSar
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$214
  • Pool
US$194
US$123
Agoda.com
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$207
US$168
  • Pool
US$209
US$195
Hotels.com
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$180
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
US$186
US$167
US$144
US$394
US$297
Priceline
4,128 results
All reviewsdon cesarmaritana grillehistoric hotelcaptain jamiepink palacesea porch restaurantsea perchspa oceanalobby barpool staffself parkresort feerooms are smallpaddle boardingjet skian umbrellabeach service
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed at the Don CeSar in June and truly enjoyed it. Where to start? The beds were as comfortable as sleeping on clouds probably would be. The food was amazing. I tried some sort of seafood stew that was far too huge a bowl for one person to eat, but it was fun trying. The wait staff couldn't have been friendlier or more gracious nor could those at the front desk. I enjoyed the shops on the ground floor--way too much! Expensive, but, it was worth if for an anniversary trip. We could barely see the water from our room, but the view was nice anyway. I love the history of this place, the fact that it's survived and blossomed in spite of everything Mom Nature could throw at her. We're Floridians anyway but had just never driven this far down the peninsula to see the Pink Lady. We will go back but again but we won't stay long due to the cost on our travel budget, but if cost isn't a factor, then please enjoy for a long time. I have only one complaint or concern. Parking. It's a problem all over Pass-a-Grill and we knew that before going. BUT, we tried to self-park to avoid the $25 valet parking cost and additional cost each time you get your car back out, and that was a disaster. There is almost NO place to park. We drove around in the lot at around 4:00 for a good 20 minutes and then raced two other cars to get to one leaving. Then we had to walk with our bags quite a distance and uphill, and we aren't young. It might have been easier if we'd gotten to the hotel and parked much earlier than the 4 p.m. check-in and gone to eat or walk. By 4, the spaces are all gone. It's expensive after the "resort fee" and taxes and parking are added, but for a special treat, it was worth it. And driving on down to Pass-A-Grill for the little shops there was a charming treat as well. We found a great breakfast place there across from the pier. We're save up and do this again. She is a grand old lady, and charming.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor which I liked because the elevators never seemed to stop running and we could just avoid the wait and take the stairs. I don't like high floors anyway. I don't know what side we were on, but it was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Glorious luxury, sleeping on clouds and amazing food -- sounds like a great vacation to me, and I'm glad you experienced all these here at Loews Don CeSar.

I appreciate the time you took to share the details of your recent stay! It appears that you had a memorable experience, from our friendly staff to our shopping and historic charm.

I was disappointed to hear about the challenges you encountered with parking. Next time you come to visit our "grand old lady" try our Park & Beach vacation package! It includes your room, valet parking, beach chairs and more! It sure makes life a lot easier!

Thanks again for your kind words and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This highly touted resort has the worst housekeeping and pool service staff I have ever encountered. I am 61, lived around the world for the first 19 years of my life, and vacation at least twice a year to tropical areas, usually the Caribbean islands; also Greece and Italy's coast. Don Cesar is a poor showing with way too overcrowded, sardine packed pool chairs and worse service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm disappointed that our housekeeping and pool service did not meet your expectations. We do make every effort to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible while they are with us and I do regret this was not the case with your visit.

Thanks for sharing your comments with us. I do hope your travels will bring you back to St. Pete Beach and we can have the opportunity to make your visit a more positive one.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The Don CeSar on the pristine sands of St. Pete Beach. We were staying for a lawyers conference and it was pure heaven. I never stepped into the pool because with lounge chairs, umbrellas, towels and cocktail service on the beach I didn't need the pool. The pink building is just spectacular, like a Disney princess castle. I could look at it all day. We had great service, a bed that was incredibly comfortable, a side view of the ocean, and excellent amenities (even the iron in the room was superior). It's an older hotel, we expected the rooms and the bathrooms to be smaller but they really weren't that bad. We ate at both restaurants, the Sea Porch served my husband the best lunch he's ever had in his life. There was live entertainment by the pool every day (and it was GOOD), everything was clean, people were friendly, the ocean water was warm... How soon can I come back? Attaching photos! *p.s. below

P.S. for those previous reviewers who thought the prices for renting chairs and umbrellas at the beach were high - you've obviously never been to Hawaii. I thought the prices for parking, beach equipment, etc. was great. The cocktails were high but come on - look at the view.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and on Saturday night we could hear the wedding DJ in our room a little louder than we wanted. Maybe a room lower would be quiter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Heidi1999

Thanks for sharing your love for The Don! And, thanks for your great comments on Tripadvisor!

We're happy that you found our beaches pristine and took advantage of our comfortable lounge chairs, umbrellas and beachside service. I was also happy to hear that you found your bed comfortable, and our in-room amenities excellent (even the irons!).

We love the photos you shared, they really help tell the story of your visit!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences here on Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Loews DonCeSar Hotel

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Don Cesar exceeded our expectations. Room with a great view, great restaurant and excellent service! From the moment we checked in we were greeted by very friendly staff. The valet, the front desk and the bellman were all very professional. If you want a great place to stay then stay at the Don Cesar!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank bobjone1
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

I'm so happy to hear that you had such a great experience with us!

We truly appreciate the feedback, and I'll be certain to share your comments with our staff! They are all so passionate about making every guest experience a memorable one, and it appears that they did with your visit.

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay here on Tripadvisor and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is our 20th year here and the luxury and service is still here. Both pools are very clean and the pool deck service is the best anywhere. Food is still great and the beach is very clean .
This place is a little pricey but is worth the splurge on yourself. Come and get pampered and bring sunscreen in summer.If you have children use the Kids Limited programs and all the workout , yoga , etc. programs . Also free kayak and paddleboard before noon ..yes Free..

Room Tip: join Loews Members first programs and ask for upgrades..etc
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank Randy413
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

After 20 years of coming to the Don CeSar, it warms me that you still find that the luxury and service are still here every visit.

Thank you for the kind words about our food, pool deck service and clean beaches. I'm glad that you continue to splurge on yourself. You can never get enough beachfront yoga and I hope you took the time to try paddle boarding! It's a lot of fun!

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back for your 21st visit!