The Don CeSar
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$304
Alden Suites
Very Good 4/5
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$209
US$195
US$162
Good 3.5/5
US$278
US$233
Very Good 4/5
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$180
US$170
US$166
Very Good 4/5
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$236
  • Pool
US$372
US$319
Priceline
Great 4.5/5
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
US$277
US$254
Priceline
Excellent 5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
4,090 results
All reviewsdon cesarmaritana grillehistoric hotelcaptain jamiepink palacesea porch restaurantsea perchspa oceanalobby barpool staffself parkresort feerooms are smallpaddle boardingjet skian umbrellabeach service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just back from a quick get away to the Don with my wife. We had a wonderful stay enjoying the beautiful beach and hotel. The don't let the historic nature of the hotel keep you away, it's beautifully updated and well done. The beach is detailed daily and the hotel facilities are great. GO TO the Maritana Grille - its simply amazing and has earned its reputation! Special thanks to Vanessa at the front desk and Jeff Brown at bar, both very courteous and professional. Jeff has great bar stories about the hotels history. The beach service guys are also great, and the beach Yoga and complimentary Kayaks are very nice touches. Lots of complimentary fruit infused water to keep you refreshed and enjoyed the poolside entertainment. Thanks to the great team at the Don for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: No need to leave the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you so much for the generous compliments! I'm excited that you had such a great experience with us here at Loews Don CeSar.

I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to Vanessa and Jeff, they are truly dynamic individuals. I'll share your comments with our beach and fitness team too!

We appreciate you posting your feedback on Tripadvisor and hope we have the privilege to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I visited two other luxury hotels on this trip, One was a Ritz and the other was a Waldorf Astoria. The Don CeSar stands well above them in all aspects. The hotel is magnificent. The service is impeccable and the food and bar areas are outstanding. My room was small but typical of a historical hotel. The bathroom was even smaller but the view made up for the space limitations.

My only challenge with this property is the Loews frequent quest program. I am a gold member and one stay away from the highest level. Since I am elite with Hilton and Marriott this program seems to lack almost everything they offer except a possible upgrade. I was not welcomed me as a loyal member, however the valet parking my car knew my name immediately which was very, very impressive.

All the above being considered this was my second visit to the Don having stayed at the Vinoy on other visits. You will love the beach location and the historical charm of this place. They have kept the charm with the updates.

I will be back.

Room Tip: Just ask for the room you desire. They will try to accommodate.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Being in the company of both the Ritz and Waldorf is flattering! But, it's even better when we hear that we stand well above them! Thanks for the compliment.

I appreciate your feedback and am delighted that you found the Pink Palace magnificent and our service outstanding! Our team is genuinely passionate about providing a superb experience for our guests, and I'm glad that you experienced that.

Thanks as well for recognizing the fact that we kept the historical charm of The Don. It is a very special place.

We're glad you'll be back!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed in the standard room which was small. However the room was very clean and was impressed with the well stocked mini fridge and the free krueg coffee pot. The mattresses were very firm and we slept very well. Free newspapers are placed on each floor by the elevators. Free flavored water was through out hotel and pool/beach area. Free sunscreen as well. The food was all very good. We ate mainly at pool area. The prices were what I expected. A grilled chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries were around $12-14. After a week we had tried most all the food and all was good. The beach and pool areas were extremely clean and well staff. The pool chairs were free. The beach area chairs and umbrella were rentals as expected and normal to the surrounding hotels on that beach. I only have one complaint and that is with the checking in staff. I requested a room beause my room faced the parking lot and this seemed.to aggravate her. Even to the point that she asked us to move down the counter to another worker and she even mumbled something about needing to help the people coming through the door. I also recommend the hotel add more outdoor acvities such as outdoor movies as other hotels now feature.

Room Tip: The ice cream shop has great prices on fruit, juice,coffee,cereal,and pastries.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Loews Don CeSar!

Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you appreciated our clean rooms and the variety of amenities we offer our guests.

It's great to hear you enjoyed the food in our pool and beach areas as well. I am sorry you did not have the opportunity to experience the many outdoor activities we offer. Not only do we have dive-in movies, we have a variety of pool and beach side programs for people of all ages.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Loved our 5 days on St Pete Beach. Please let guests know there is a fee for the beach chairs, umbrellas ect (Daily). The Don CeSar staff was amazing, everyone was friendly and willing to assist. There are nice local resturants to enjoy as well (terrific sea food)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor!

I'm glad you loved your stay on St. Pete Beach and found our team to be "amazing," friendly and willing to help! I'm also happy you found the time to explore our local community and discover some of our great restaurants. It all adds to the charm of a visit to the Pink Palace!

We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The pink palace first impression is 10/10! Simply fabulous and it commands attention! It was a landmark in St Pete's and one will see that local people take pride in it.

Me and my hubby stayed there for 9 nights and it was ok. The room, pretty basic really. Decor will benefit from makeover, without losing its character, in my personal opinion. Bed was old and uncomfortable, me and hubby keep rolling in the middle of it. The toilet/bathroom small and no "luxury feel".
Service is erratic, had good and not so good service. First day, room wasn't cleaned and when we asked, the domestics was adamant she already cleaned our room, though no fresh towels, the dirty cups still there and beds not made. She was apologetic but it kind of throw us in bad light.
Everything is kaching kaching or money talking, from sun beds, to parking and everything. If the service will be consistent to that 5*, one will not mind paying but unfortunately! the first impression don't last...

Overall, it was ok. Didn't regret booking it and staying in it, as it is a historic and iconic place, stunning architecture from afar... But it's better kept at that.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

I'm glad to hear that you did not regret staying at our iconic Pink Palace and that you appreciated our stunning architecture.

I do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay and appreciate you bringing them to our attention so that we may look into the issue.