The Don CeSar
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Westwind Resort(Seminole)
View Hotel
Kimpton Hotel Zamora(St. Pete Beach)
  • Pool
Hideaway Sands Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Palm Crest Resort Motel(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Miramar Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Bon Aire Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
4,088 results
All reviewsdon cesarmaritana grillehistoric hotelcaptain jamiepink palacesea porch restaurantsea perchspa oceanalobby barpool staffself parkresort feerooms are smallpaddle boardingjet skian umbrellabeach service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was at this hotel for a business trip, however, I would have loved to stay for family time and leisure. The banquet food was great. I was only there for a few days and wish it was for a longer stay. The room was comfortable and the atmosphere fit the location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for the feedback!

We're glad that business brought you to Loews Don CeSar and hope that you will be able to return soon for some leisure time. There is so much to see and do around The Don and St. Pete, you would be amazed!

We're happy that you enjoyed your comfortable room and that you appreciated the atmosphere of the property. We do our best to maintain the character and charm of our seaside hotel, and I'm glad it shows!

Thank you too for the kind remarks about our banquet food. We have some of the most talented culinarians working with us and they take great pride in their craft. I'll be sure to pass your remarks along.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed several times now so we obviously like it, but the front desk still seems to have an attitude issue as we were welcomed by a most patronizing lady. Once settled in though we had a great stay. Don't expect large rooms but they are well appointed and the beds are very comfortable. Service elsewhere in the hotel is great and the poolside and private beach are awesome.

Please do something about the front desk. First impressions really are important and this is the second time we have experienced this at this hotel. We met some other people here that also had a bad experience

Stayed: July 2014

I want to first thank you for being a return guest, we appreciate your business. Secondly, thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay.

While I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our well appointed guest rooms, comfy beds and great service, I do apologize for any issues you encountered at the Front Desk.

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and hope we have the privilege to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed weekend for my wife's birthday. Very nice hotel. Yes; it's very expensive but it is a beautiful property and you have to expect to pay for it. However, I (like others) was put off by the $25 per day Resort Fee. It's on beach; you advertise as a resort--I should not be paying another $25 per day for towels at the pool. Just put it on top of the $350 per night fee and most people will just accept it as the cost of staying at the hotel. The nickel and dime (although $25 per day is not nickel and dime) stuff just leaves people with a bad memory.
Overall the hotel was great--beautiful common areas, bars, lobby bars and pool side restaurants. Again--it is a resort to be prepared to pay extra. Burgers around the pool are $13, a cup of wine is $10--it's all part of the resort. 18% gratuity already added to charges.
My wife loved it, if you can splurge the extra money to stay here for a special occasion you will enjoy it.
Plenty of places in the neighborhood to eat if you don't mind a short walk--we like to get out of the hotel for dinner.
We had barking dogs there too (I saw in an earlier review) we must have stayed the same weekend. Not sure why a hotel charging $350 per night would take the chance to upset so many guests with a barking dog. This is not a budget hotel--I don't expect that I'd have a noise complaint. Luckily for us the dog (which was barking quite a bit) stopped barking shortly after 930PM so we just let it go.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

We appreciate you choosing Loews Don CeSar to celebrate your wife's birthday.

I'm glad you thought the hotel was great, and enjoyed our restaurants and lounges. It's also fun to get out and enjoy some of our local dining establishments. They are fun and a good way to meet some of "the locals" and get a taste for what the area is like.

I do apologize about the barking, glad it stopped so you could get a good nights rest.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a wonderful hotel and the best one in the St Pete Beach area. The staff is very welcoming and they go out of their way to make you feel taken care of. Fantastic food at Maritana Grill. Awesome.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm happy that you found the Loews Don CeSar to be so wonderful!

It's warming to hear such great feedback about our staff - they are a genuinely passionate group of individuals. All dedicated to making certain that each guest has a great visit!

Lastly, we could not agree more about Maritana Grille! It is truly AWESOME!

We hope to have the privilege to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here july18 to 24 after aweek in orlando recommended by tour rep. On approach the hotel looks great you drive up a ramp to front door.
Door men are very polite and helpful as are bell staff. You enter a huge very impressive lobby really
Looks the part. Alas, thats where it ends. I was greeted at reseption by a very rude lady? Who had trouble finding our res.. after 10 mins. she found us a room even thou i paid in full 3 months earlier.
We felt like she was doing us a favor letting us check in ! Then you find out its 10 dollars a day to park this is on top of 150 dollars resort fees on top of a very expensive hotel!! Arrive at room shock at size tiny with 2 double beds squashed in and a bathroom so small they had to put sliding door on it you have to sit sideways on toilet or knees hit bath. Room was very warm and humid thanks to faulty air con. Which was never fixed couldn't sleep . 11.30 on first night my wife comes running out of toilet to say toilet is blocked and overflowing. I couldn't get any one on phone so ran to res. Where i encounter miss personality again tell her the problem she trys to keep it quiet so others don't hear.2 hours later and 2 plumbers
it was sorted. .......Acess to beach is ok once you get through the croweded pool area the loungers are packed like sardines pool staff are nice polite helpful. On the beach their beach rentals are waiting to relieve you of more money when my daughter went on her owen the guy charged her 10 dollars moe. The don as they like to call it offer no information on local attractions restraunts or even shopping. Everything is about them and how great they are . I asked could they recommend a good seafood restraunt surprise! they couldn't even thou there was one 200 mtrs. away. Hotel restraunt is nothing more than a roadside grill on fancy plate and you will Pay! Their grilled grouper
was cremated dry tasteless.
House keeping is joke they make beds thats it .
They never leave toilet paper or towels or coffey
My daughter would go around halls looking for maids cart to get some. There is no Wi Fi in this hotel apart from lobby reguardless of what they tell you. When we checked out i noticed 1100 dollars added to my creditcard . Round 3 with miss personality at res. She said its for accomadition 20 mins later and ameeting with her manager she said it was sorted, they would refund my card because it had already been taken she never appologised
Money has not been refunded yet. Lots of other guestes were complaining about dirty rooms rude staff and yes dogs barking, you can bring youre dog to stay with you . Saw one lady loosing her mind , dog across hall barked all night.
Management here need a reality check i have never met such pompus rude full of self importance arrogant people!!Sum it up. A kipp!!!!!!!
They need too go to point resort orlando to see how its done . There fantastic. Tom Ireland.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
13  Thank Paula N

I do apologize that your visit with us was not to your expectations and that you experienced the challenges you did with your plumbing and other matters.

We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and will be looking into them and following up accordingly.