“Disappointing”

The Don CeSar
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I expected to pay alot and I did. I didn't expect that I would receive NOTHING IN RETURN FOR THE EXTRA $25 PER DAY RESORT FEE. The rooms should be priced at $375 in the interest of full disclosure, because you get nothing in addition to the room charge for the resort fee. I've never stayed anywhere where there was not a tangible or intangible benefit linked to extra fee.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Julie N
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

I'm sorry to hear that you stay with us was disappointing. We do appreciate the feedback.

Loews Don CeSar Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,893)

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

If returning to the beaches of St Pete area, I would certainly would return. It's the best the area offers. Unfortunately, when we where there, a large wedding was taking place & drunken groomsmen were in the next room. They were outrageously loud & attempted to "pull a young housekeeper in the room with them". Several guests called @ various times, & security asked them to quiet down-- but they should have been asked to leave. Their behavior was lewd & borderline criminal by any standard. The staff continuously complained that a "morgue" once was located where the ice cream shop is now located...not an appealing aspect of any hotel - (The Don was once a military hospital). But the beach is certainly beautiful - & located right on the Gulf; a guest of the area won't find a more picturesque hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

We appreciate your comments and are glad to see that you would come back and stay with us again. Thanks for your remarks on our picturesque hotel.

I apologize for the noise and other disruptions you experienced.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Once there, despite the room already high cost, almost everything is an expensive extra...a three star level buffet at the price of more than 30USD, a coke by the pool for more than 6, having an umbrella and a simple bed more that 40....and so on and on...for the cost of my 3 night stay, I would have had much more quality for money staying in a luxury flat.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank nomaskurro
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

We appreciate your feedback and regret that your visit was over-shadowed by other matters.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Fantastic,brilliant,superb!
Any of these words would sum up our stay at The Don.
The hotel setting is everything we hoped it would be and more. I've never seen such amazing sunsets!!
And the staff were amazing too!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

I'm happy to hear that you had such a "brilliant" stay with us!

Thanks for the kind comments. It's great to hear that your visit was everything you hoped it would be, and more. As for the sunsets (and our staff too), we could not agree with you more - they are amazing.

We hope to welcome you back next time you're in Florida!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stay away from this Hotel if you are looking for a relaxing and tranquil resort. Loews must be running a family/kids special. During dinner at their high end restaurant we were seated next to a mother and a young child who played electronic games-- yelling, laughing and being obnoxiously loud. The mother behaved the same way -- an acorn does not fall too far away from the tree. We complained to the wait staff and they uderstood our frustration but said they could not do anything since Loews was a family friendly resort. You have to be kidding me! At the pool area we were hit twice by a tennis ball which several young kids were throwing around in the pool. There was no life guard supervising the pool area.Finally, at 10:00pm we went down to enjoy the lobby bar and once again there were 5-7 children running around screaming and bumping into chairs-- parents did not give a damn and the Loews staff did not do anything. It's too bad since Loews use to be a nice, relaxing resort. I guess I need to find a new place to stay. Good luck Loews.... your brand has really changed. I will take my $2100 for a three day stay to another Hotel....

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank George S

I'm sorry that your recent stay with us did not meet you expectations.

We always welcome feedback from our guests, and appreciate you taking the time to inform us of the issues you encountered.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We go to the Don Cesar for a weekend every summer. Beautiful setting, pampered service, and a great restaurant. We upgraded to a suite this trip and loved having the extra room. We will be back next summer!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William H

We're happy that you have allowed us to be a part of your "perfect summer!"

I'm delighted that you love our setting, our dining and, just as important, our service. It sounds like you pampered yourself this trip with the room upgrade - good for you!

We look forward to welcoming you back next summer (if not sooner).

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have to confess up front, I am a fan of The Don. My love of the place is based on the 4 trips we have taken there as a family over the years last few years.

The location is excellent as its right on a massive beach that is mostly empty. There a 2 swimming pools with great staff in attendance and there is good food available from a range of restaurants at the property.

I see that many reviewers comment about small rooms, certainly I have seen bigger but I think its fair to say that they are what you would expect based on our hotels here in the UK.

It appears to me that the management of the hotel has made great strides over the last few years in getting the hotel up to scratch, particularly in the area of staffing where its good to see familiar faces who have worked there for many years as well as a number of first rate additions.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

We love our fans!

We appreciate your loyalty and I'm glad you have such a great experience each time you visit. And, I'm glad that you are seeing some familiar faces when you're here -- that's always a good sign.

We hope to have the privilege to welcome you back in the future.