“First Class, great views!”
Review of The Don CeSar

The Don CeSar
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 December 2010

My husband and I love this place. It's close to Tampa, it has a beautiful white sandy private beach, it's really first class all the way. The staff is top notch! What need I say more.....

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,993)

Reviewed 15 December 2010

My husband and I travelled with our dog. The staff are all lovely, helpful and can't say enough about the team that works at the hotel. Now for the negatives - we had a suite, and the rooms need refreshing. The sofa was stained, as was the carpet. Beach view is a small window, to be expected in an older hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SavannahLady2010
Reviewed 12 December 2010

We are wedding photographers and usually are too busy to notice anything about the details of a hotel. We photographed a friend's wedding free and as a thank you, the couple gave us a "Spaliday" weekend at the Don Cesar. The minute we drove up, this majestic pink hotel took my breath away and I knew we were in for an extraordinary stay. We have lived in the area for years and have only had the pleasure of driving by but now it was our turn! Check-in was a breeze. The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas. The check-in staff was courteous and welcoming. We were in room 205. I am sure it was not the"best" room. We had a view of the parking lot and a little bit of the bay. We did not care. The room was so soothing with its white walls, high ceilings painted with a robin egg color, a big white king bed, soft white linens, big fluffy pillows, comforter, and decorated white shams with a silver coral design on them. and black wrought iron headboard, nice flat screen t.v., chair and ottoman, desk, marble bathroom with granite vanity. There were his and her bathrobes in the closet. Larger sized toiletries with spa bamboo bodywash, lotion, shampoo, and cream rinse. I ventured on down to the spa for my pedicure which was much more than what I expected with a lengthy leg message, soaking, hot towels, sugar rub, and a surprise hand massage by Franchesca. I was there for almost two hours. After my toes dried, I put on my shoes and met my husband at the Beachcomber bar, which was whirling with action. As we enjoyed several delicious rum runners, I believe there must have been three weddings happening. Our floor was quiet and serene. We slept beautifully. Had breakfast buffet at The Sea Porch which was absolutely delicious with a made to order omelette bar, smoked salmon with capers, assorted pastries, breads, bagels, fresh fruit, cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, seasoned potatoes. After that we had to sadly pack and leave but to our surprise, there was $500 left on this gift card so guess what? We look so forward to experiencing the Don Cesar again. There is something special about this place.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rufus45
Reviewed 20 November 2010

We stayed at the resort because a friend of our was getting married through the resort. The resort was easy to find and on sight parking was a breeze. The hotel staff was very friendly and fixed our broken air conditioner very quickly. The bed was super soft and I love the water/mints left for turn down service. The resort offers 2 pools, hot tub, outside bar, or you can lounge on the beach and go into the ocean if you like. A little pricy, but overall a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2010

The staff at this hotel are educated, motivated and proud to work there. Most have been there for many years and this leads to easy, fast and correct service. I experienced upgrades, free samples of great wines and foods. The cleanliness was way above average for any resort, especially a beach resort. The location is a bit away from the lower cost properties which meant less crowds on the very large and nice beach- but it certainly was easy to get off the resort for food or shopping should you want to. Frankly the resort did such a good job I couldn't imagine wanting to leave for anything. I have absolutely no buyers remorse after choosing to spend my dollars here. They also have a very good space in the gym where you could practice dance/yoga/body movement.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I love this hotel. We frequently visit FL from NYC, and it's always pleasant to stay at the Don Cesar. It's a quaint hotel that looks like a castle. The service is fantastic, and the food is great. The beach is beautiful, and the location is superb. Try the spa if you have time, because it's newly renovated. They have beach towels, beach and pool lounges, and frozen snacks around the pool in the afternoon. Rooms are a bit small, and there is a $22 per room service charge that includes parking, wi-fi, twice a day housekeeping, and the use of the towels and lounges on the beach. Every time we've gone, there has been a wedding on the beach, because it's just beautiful and romantic.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Great spot. Service is great and the Beach is fantastic. I stayed here for 2 nights in October and the service, food on site and the room was great. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business