“Ok hotel but fix cable”

Howard Johnson Resort Hotel - ST. Pete Beach FL
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I would give it a c+. Everything was ok but the cable was horrible and they has DVD or a channel to rent a movie. The beach was beautiful. Pool had too much chlorine

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Robin N, General Manager at Howard Johnson Resort Hotel - ST. Pete Beach FL, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent visit. I will most definitely share your experience with our staff. I appologize that you found our pool to have too much chlorine. We do balance the chemicals in our pool each morning prior to it opening at 10 am. Therefore, I am not sure how we had too much chlorine in the pool. However, I will definitely follow up with my staff. Thank you for taking the time for your input.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

My experience at this hotel was great and there is so much to do in the area. The rooms were very clean. The onlycmplaint I have is that one of the sinks was stopped up but once reported to the front desk it was immediately fixed. I really enjoyed the Undertow Beach Bar, Skippers has great breakfast and its a plus that the beach is less than a 1/2 mile walk away. I will definitely be staying here again!

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Robin N, General Manager at Howard Johnson Resort Hotel - ST. Pete Beach FL, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Thank you for your kind words. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future. I also appreciate you contacting us during your stay so that we might fix the challenge in your room. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

We decided not to go home after a day at beach. This hotel is right on beach, had a vacancy, and price was great compared to others. Rooms are definately older and need some TLC. Beds were comfortable and staff was great. We typically stay at a neighboring hotel for a much higher price tag and I can't say that their rooms are so mich nicer they're woth the difference in price. Don't stay here if you're expecting luxury but for location, price, and friendliness... it's a winner. Once they finish the remodel on the restaurant - we come over from the other hotel for breakfast - and they open their new beachfront bar...it will be excellent!!!

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will stay with us once again after our restaurant and beach bar open this month.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

horrible rooms, dirty and disgusting showers... would never stay at this hotel again,and would not recommend it either.. even the hall ways smell bad

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your most recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share this contructive information. I will most definitely share this with the appropriate departments so that we may improve our rooms. It is unfortunate that there was an odor in the hallway. Unfortunately, with so many people in our hotel there are times when items are spilled that may cause this odor. Once again thank you for your time.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

This room wasn't as nice as other rooms we've stayed in at this facility. It definitely needs to be remodeled. For instance, the refrigerator is old and rusted and leaked rusty water on the floor. We had to forcefully slam the door from the outside to get it to close. The TV stations were limited. We were not able to watch a game we wanted sind Sun Sports was not available.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your recent visit. If there is ever a challenge with anything with the room please contact our front desk so that we might correct the challenge. We appreciate you taking the time to give this feedback. We will make sure and share it with our staff so that we might make your next stay with us more comfortable.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Room was good and clean. Staff was helpfull and efficent . Poolwas clean. Could use more shade at the Pool

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your kind words. Our staff takes great pride in our hotel and always want our guests to be comfortable. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

I don't understand all of the positive reviews. The hotel was just ok. I wasn't expecting anything nice at this price, but anytime I feel like I can't even go to the bathroom without putting my shoes on, it's not a good experience. The maids did the best job they could cleaning it; it's just that that carpet was never going to feel clean. The sinks are old and dirty. The towels are small, rough, and stained. The fridge wasn't cold. The walls are paper thin. I was up most of the first night with people yelling outside. Most of the balconies overlook the parking lots. The only positive was it was cheap and on the beach. But to be honest, this wasn't a nice beach. The whole beachfront area was tacky and cheap looking. Drive down to Clearwater, as we did on our last day, and see what a difference a 30 minute drive can make.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We always strive to make every guest happy. If there is ever a challenge I hope that each guest will let us know during his/her stay so that we may attempt to improve the situation at that moment. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy the beach either. St. Pete Beach is known to be one of the most beautiful beaches in Florida.