“Wonderful Stay”

Howard Johnson Resort Hotel - ST. Pete Beach FL
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I do not understand all the bad reviews. Its a hotel on the beach and its cheap. Compared to the other hotel I stayed at coming down to St. Pete this hotel was amazing. The Microwave and Reg worked great and The A/C unit wasn't to loud unlike the other hotel I stayed at. The people working there were really nice and the maid even opened my room up when I had my hands full and couldn't get my key. Always friendly and greeting me and helping me with anything I needed. I just wished I could have stayed longer. I was worried about the loud sound of the bar and restaurant next door but it wasn't to loud from my room. Yes I wish all the rooms had a better view then of the other hotels but seeing where its located you can only get beach view on one side and of course it will cost more. I loved this hotel and do not understand how anyone could complain about anything with this hotel compared to the hotel in Gainsville where I stayed and it was horrible. My only complaint is that the desk chair wasn't comfortable and the only reason I had to sit there was because I had to do some test for school online. I just wish they would offer more deals for people staying longer!!!!

Room Tip: If you want a better view then ask to be on the left side of the hotel because the back side only sh...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lilian D
Robin N, General Manager at Howard Johnson Resort Hotel - ST. Pete Beach FL, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

I am glad that you enjoyed your visit and found the staff at Howard Johnson St. Pete Beach friendly. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to them. Thank you for suggesting more comfortable chairs for our desk area. I will definitely look into it. I hope that we see you again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank April G

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. Yes the rooms are older but we weren't there to sit inside. The hotel staff were all very friendly & extremely helpful, especially Tara. The beach bar atmosphere, food & staff was also excellent. Minutes from the beach, definitely a great value! Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

It is always wonderful to hear that my staff was friendly and helpful at Howard Johnson St. Pete Beach. I will be sure to let them know the impression that they made with you. Thank you for your kind words about Tara at the front desk. She is a very valuable member of our team. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Robin N, General Manager at Howard Johnson Resort Hotel - ST. Pete Beach FL, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Robin N, General Manager at Howard Johnson Resort Hotel - ST. Pete Beach FL, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This clean hotel has a sports bar/restaurant in the front with a tiki bar in the back. The food was decent and the staff was friendly. The tiki bar which is close to the beach has a full bar and features live entertainment on most nights. Trust me, you'll never have to leave the property to party till the wee hours.

On the bad side is what was said above. The partiers leave the tiki bar around 3 a.m. and aren't the most quiet. So, if you like to go to sleep before midnight, I would recommend going somewhere else. Would also not recommend for families with small kids. The pool is right next to the tiki bar and some of their patrons flow onto the pool deck.

If however, you are into partying at tiki bars and staying out late then you'll love it. The hotel rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. Each room comes with a balcony or patio so you can smoke..

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor with an even number room. By doing that you won't be directly in the path of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience. We do have a beautiful pool area and beach bar that our guests are encouraged to enjoy. I am surprised to know that the beach bar was open until 3am as it normally closes around 1am. The surrounding bars do stay open until about 3am, thus the reason for our security. Thank you for the information. I will be sure to look into this as I do host many families and want everyone to have a good visit.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This was our second time staying here ... The staff is super friendly and accommodating. Special thanks to Karen at the front desk and Allie at the restaurant ... So nice!
Great location, great restaurant - we'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2013

I am glad that you enjoyed your visit at Howard Johnson St. Pete Beach and found the staff to be friendly. I will happy to share your kind words with Karen and Allie. They are both very valuable members of our staff. I hope that we see you again in the near future.