We just spent a week at the Mariner and thought it was wonderful. I booked this through my timeshare and was very happy with the choice. This was a girls getaway with me and my sister and a cousin so we had plenty of room. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo. The whole condo is tile, which probably makes it a little less cozy feeling, but I liked that you can see that it's clean and it was easy to sweep up the sand. The lady at the front desk that checked us in could stand to be a little more helpful and social if she's going to work in that type of position. I walked in the office and she said 'ID and credit card' (not a welcome or even a hello) she did a few things and then sat some papers and the keys on the counter and that was it, no directions or explanations at all, I had to ask where our condo was located since this was our first time there. Their was another lady sitting at the desk in the back that my sister was talking to and she did seem more friendly and welcoming. I can read and have no problems going through the information on my own but I do feel she should be a little friendlier and explain at least the basics. Of course this in no way effected our week but just a note and something that could improve, everyone else was great and full of information. The maintenance guy even helped us carry in our groceries.
The pool seemed very nice but we did not use it at all, we spent our days on the beach. The location was perfect. We were in paradise. The Mariner doesn't have any resort type amentities but with all the restaurants, beach bars, shopping all along the beach this is not an issue. They do have BBQ grills that seemed nice and the patio area was great! This was a fun gathering place in the evenings where you could relax on the lounge chairs and watch the sunset and socialize with others staying there. The place right next door had a small beach bar so we'd walk over there and get a drink then come back and watch the sunset on our patio. With the kids at the pool it never seemed to be to loud or rowdy, everyone was friendly and happy to be there. One family we talked to goes every year and spends 4 weeks there, wish I could do that!
The whole week was amazing! We loved SPB and will be booking at the Mariner again! Can't wait to go back! Also posted a trip report on the SPB forum if interested in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come visit the Beautiful Mariner Beach Club on St. Pete Beach with the lovely sunsets. One and two bedroom units with full kitchen. You will enjoy the heated pool and two hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Mariner Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mariner Beach Club Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Mariner Beach Club St. Pete Beach, Florida