“Mariner was the perfect location on the beach!”
Review of Mariner Beach Club

Mariner Beach Club
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We just spent a week at the Mariner and thought it was wonderful. I booked this through my timeshare and was very happy with the choice. This was a girls getaway with me and my sister and a cousin so we had plenty of room. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo. The whole condo is tile, which probably makes it a little less cozy feeling, but I liked that you can see that it's clean and it was easy to sweep up the sand. The lady at the front desk that checked us in could stand to be a little more helpful and social if she's going to work in that type of position. I walked in the office and she said 'ID and credit card' (not a welcome or even a hello) she did a few things and then sat some papers and the keys on the counter and that was it, no directions or explanations at all, I had to ask where our condo was located since this was our first time there. Their was another lady sitting at the desk in the back that my sister was talking to and she did seem more friendly and welcoming. I can read and have no problems going through the information on my own but I do feel she should be a little friendlier and explain at least the basics. Of course this in no way effected our week but just a note and something that could improve, everyone else was great and full of information. The maintenance guy even helped us carry in our groceries.
The pool seemed very nice but we did not use it at all, we spent our days on the beach. The location was perfect. We were in paradise. The Mariner doesn't have any resort type amentities but with all the restaurants, beach bars, shopping all along the beach this is not an issue. They do have BBQ grills that seemed nice and the patio area was great! This was a fun gathering place in the evenings where you could relax on the lounge chairs and watch the sunset and socialize with others staying there. The place right next door had a small beach bar so we'd walk over there and get a drink then come back and watch the sunset on our patio. With the kids at the pool it never seemed to be to loud or rowdy, everyone was friendly and happy to be there. One family we talked to goes every year and spends 4 weeks there, wish I could do that!
The whole week was amazing! We loved SPB and will be booking at the Mariner again! Can't wait to go back! Also posted a trip report on the SPB forum if interested in the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank jerzeygirl05

Reviewed 20 October 2010

Everything in the whole resort is brand new. Tasteful decor, weber grills, everything in the whole place has been redone all but for the lobby, and who cares about that.
Your going to love it. Relaxation at its best and right on the beach. Heated pool a plus, also two new hot tubs. Fantastic. Close to everything you could ever want. Beach is beautiful at sunset.
Kids around the pool can be annoying though when they are not attended to properly.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank campo84748
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I bought at the Mariner in the mid 80's when it went timeshare ...its always be a fun place to go so I never traded it for anywhere else. Just recently we went through a major redo and after just spending my week there its Beautiful but still having the great charm on a low level walk out your fornt door complex. if you are thinking of buying or renting check out their webite but make sure you check out the slide show on the front page they have not updated all the pitures as of yet. Rent or Buy ...you will not be disappointed ...between friends and family we now occupy 6 units and it keeps groiwng..

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kare1bare2002
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I spent a week at Mariner last week. Pool has been completely redone although much like the old one. Still very warm thank goodness. Units have tile floors in main room, kitchen and bath. Granite counter tops in kitchen and bath. There is new paint through out as well as new furniture. The decorating is great. All of the beautiful palms and flora around the pool had to go during construction so that is to bad. There is still not any more shade so it is hard to find a place out of the sun. Exterior color and color of roof is wonderful and staff is very friendly. It needed a big imporvement and got it but still has a 'down home feel' which I like. This is a time share ownership resort but units are available for rental also. There is only one park stall per unit and that is very important!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank trabelpro
Reviewed 20 August 2008

My wife and I booked our week at the Mariner with the RCI timeshare exchange network and this is far and away the worst RCI affiliate that we have ever been booked into. We have been timeshare owners since 1994 and have utilized RCI's network to book our vacations and we have come to expect the upper tier of facilities, amenities and activities and the Mariner falls woefully short in all categories. Other guests have rated the Mariner at 4 out of 5 stars, but the best that we can offer is a 2 overall rating. Our first impresson of the club was that we had stepped back in time to the '60s, as it is totally outdated with mirrors on the living and bedroom walls and the awful wall paper throughout the unit. The beach is beautiful and is a bright spot in the environment, but Mariner management does not offer chairs on the beach, which is a total negative in our view. Guest must either rent a cabana from a local vendor at $20 per day or they use their club issued beach towels. I don't think this meets the RCI standard that we have come to expect, so we have to ask, "RCI, what were you thinking?"

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Havingfun3
Reviewed 24 February 2008

We stayed for the first time at the Mariner Beach Club with some family that has gone for a while. You can't beat the location, the beach was beautiful. It was a very family friendly place, with everything you need within walking distance. I also heard they are completing a big makeover in the next few years, which will really make this place a gem.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2007

We recently stayed at the Mariner Beach Club and were very pleased.Room was very clean,staff very friendly and accomadating.Loved the fact that we were right on the beach.Nice pool,plenty of lounge chairs and the outdoor grills were great for when we felt like cooking out instead of going to a restaurant to eat or cooking in the condo.It seemed to me that a lot of the guests were returning guests which speaks well of the place.We have already put our name on the list for next year along with some of our friends who visited us when we stayed there and were impressed enough to want to stay there themselves.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled with friends