We stayed in Orlando for a week before driving here to stay for one night on a Friday evening. I have two boys ages 9 and 10 and they really enjoyed it. They liked the big slide on the beach the best. We paid for them to go out on the bouncy stuff on the water for an hour and they liked it, but ended up playing with some other kids instead of finishing on slides. They rode the paddle boats once and paid to jump on the trampoline once. In October they only put out the toys on the weekends due to it being a slower time. We were there most of Friday and Saturday and it seemed to be just enough time, but maybe one more day would have been nice. We were going to add another nights stay, but they were sold out. When I checked in they said there were about 10 conferences and 8 weddings that weekend. It didn't seem to make the beach or pools crowded at all though. They watched a movie pool side on Friday night. We found starfish and crabs in the shallow water. Watch out for stingrays, you have to shuffle your feet in the sand so you don't step on them. I didn't see any up close, but my boys said they did. We had a garden view room with a balcony and so glad we got the room with a balcony. We were able to sit out there and relax and we still had a wonderful view of the ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida