I called TradeWinds front desk expecting it to be beyond my budget and was pleasantly surprised by the rate I was offered. It was actually less than "best rate" plugged by the advertisers online. This was pretty much a resort style experience door to door. The room we had wasn't large, but it was big enough for a three day stay. Bathroom was small, but it worked. Much of the housekeeping staff were illegal aliens, but TradeWinds isn't exclusive, the language barrier is commonplace with almost every hotel I have stayed at. Learn a few words in Spanish ( like soap, service,and thank you) if you travel a lot.
The entire staff at TradeWinds was terrific. I had more than a few odd requests during my stay and at very odd hours too. They went above and beyond to accommodate my needs at no extra charge and graciously made good on a mis-hap at the bell hop.
The grounds are well kept and clean. Drinks poolside are $6 and up,and there are no servers, but bar tending staff is generous and accommodating. No "pillow fluffers" poolside or ocean side (at the cabana's) either, but they usually just annoy me anyhow.
The only things I didn't appreciate were the Green Stay time share offers. Fortunately they weren't pushy, but it reminded me of similar pitches I've seen in Hawaii and years ago in St Pete Beach. Was expecting a balcony beach side, and all we got was sliding glass doors to a 5" piece of a balcony. The persons working the pool side fun stuff like trivia games, bingo, swim contest's etc. were very amateur and a bit ghetto. Perhaps they could have faked a jamaican island accent (lol). Also, identifying where pool towels were available was a little tricky at first.
If you can get a room for $100 / night, it's a steal (book quickly) and book as much as you can afford.
If you can get a room for $175 / night, it's a great deal compared to others in the area.
If you can get a room for $250 / night, shop around and maybe negotiate.
If you can get a room for $300 / night, the Don Cesar up the street may be a better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida