My stay here was OK, not great! BlueGreen Vacations had us look at the property in order to sell us a time share. The presentation lasted 4.5 hours though some of that was due to me asking a lot of questions. They want to have people buy into the program but it's a waste of money.
At TradeWinds in St Pete Beach, Most staff members are friendly but not all.
e.g. Stanley who runs the paddle boats had a reservation for me for one hour before closing. I came, no paddle boats were available. He said to come back in 45 minutes. I said, I was planning on going to dinner but I would wait the 45 min and eat later. He said he would send us out as the last trip. We came back at quarter to, as scheduled. He then let a person take a boat who was not even on the reservation list. He then said, I'm sorry I'm closing in 10 minutes and I can't let you go on the boats. I asked, why did you have us come back? You wasted our time then I went to speak to Doug in customer relations. I then realized, this was not the place for us. Thank you! I'll report this info back to Choice Hotels.
With that said, we still had a good time and I did enjoy our trip and yes I would come back to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida