My family and I spent four nights at the Island Grand over spring break. We were in a gulf front balcony suite which had a nice view but not very luxurious for the money spent. The grounds and lobby are nice, but the main pool area was extremely crowded and the two minuscule hot tubs were constantly packed with young children. Frankly, at a resort of this size, I'd expect a larger, more updated resort pool and maybe an adult hot tub. The beach is lovely and the option to rent a "free" cabana was handy, although you pay for it in the resort fee. Here comes the rude part. I had read reviews about the vacation club sales pitch, but I had no idea it would be like this. Many Orlando resorts have a time share rep, but I've never been pestered the way I was at TradeWinds. I received a call on my cell phone while visiting my mother two days prior to our arrival. The caller claimed to be with TradeWinds, calling to see if I had any "questions" about the resort. Turns out he was not actually interested in being helpful, but wanted to offer me a $100 resort voucher if I would attend a vacation club seminar. First of all, that amount would barely cover lunch for my family of five at a TradeWinds restaurant. Secondly, I made it very clear to the caller that I resented being called on my cell phone which I had given to the hotel solely for my reservation- not to be harassed by salespeople while on vacation. I furthermore told him that I had no interest in the timeshare and did not wish to be contacted again. He told me that he would put a "note" in my file. I asked him to please also let management know that I resented the intrusion, and he said he would. We were approached again in the lobby while waiting for our room, and I received another call in the room. Clearly no message was relayed. The final straw is that we returned from TradeWinds over a month ago and I just received another phone call from the vacation salesperson, offering a discounted stay for listening to their pitch. I told the rep that I had specifically requested not to be contacted anymore and asked to speak with a TradeWinds manager. She instead put her vacation club manager on the phone who proceeded to tell me that unless I used the specific words "do not call list", that I should not expect to be removed from the list. Needless to say, I did not take this well seeing as we just spent over $3000.00 at the TradeWinds resort, only for them to give my name over to a telemarketer. I finally reached a "manager", Doug at the TradeWinds who apologized lamely and said he would change my status to "special guest" which would exclude me from the call list. As I said to Doug, it's a shame that all your guests aren't "special" and that TradeWinds is willing to risk offending their guests by resorting to lowly sales tactics.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida