TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$236
Alden Suites
US$162
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
US$277
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$180
US$195
US$166
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$195
Travelocity
US$394
US$349
Travelocity
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
US$407
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
US$254
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
5,732 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidetrade windsadult poolkids clubkids activitiesfront rowmini golfbedroom suitefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

While I prefer and am used to more upscale resorts, this resort was clean, neat and the staff was super friendly and helpful. There was plenty to do, or NOT do if you wanted to be a beach loafer like I was.

The resort keeps the beach sand in front of their property clean and they set up the cabanas for guests early in the morning.

I would definitely stay again, but would love to see an updated hotel on the property.

Room Tip: we stayed in the Breckenridge, one of the few balcony rooms and I loved the balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Vilma A
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was our third year in a row at Island Grand. This is our new go to resort for our annual vacation. Had a great time. We prefer to stay in the Breckenridge Building which is by the adult pool which we spend alot of time at. Sunset beautiful! Everyone is so friendly! Food is good. Lots of different restaurants to pick from. We especially enjoy the flying bridge Great fish taco! Cant wait to try the new restaurant at their Guy Harvey resort, short walk down the beach. Cant wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hello LoriC119,
Thanks for coming back again! We're so happy you enjoyed yet another visit to TradeWinds Island Resorts. The sunsets certainly are stunning and our location is the perfect place to watch them. See you next year!
Kind Regards,
Leni

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Traveled with my kids 11,13 for a summer get away, after a few days in an Orlando resort followed by a couple days on the beach. This hotel gets an average from me as opposed to very good because the tub tiles appeared to be in need of a re-grout and the caulking was stained with mildew. Although it appeared to have been cleaned and smelled of bleach, this is the very last thing I had hoped to have to look at in a resort hotel of this calibre. The full length bathroom mirror had fasteners that were rusting and chipping on the floor. For my booking price and the great reviews I expected better thought to detail. There was only one hook in the bathroom behind the door above the mirror, it was beyond my reach being 5'2"...
The rest of the room was tastefully decorated and clean. The beds were of average comfort. We had a 400sq ft room with a refrigerator, sink and microwave facing the parking and inter coastal.
I booked a standard room based on what I had budgeted for. From what I understand I was upgraded from a 300 sq ft room to 400sq ft, but only after first trying to sell me a higher rate for several different upgrades which I declined. I booked though the Tradewinds website just 2 days prior which turned out to be 35 dollars more a night than had I looked up with another site as I was going to try to book another room for my parents. I called and spoke to a person I thought was with reservations but was actually the front desk. Was told there was nothing that could be done because it was within 48 hours of the booking and it couldn't be cancelled. She stated she really couldn't undermine and change the price that was booked by someone else anyway. Next time I'll know better.
My parents were going to come visit and dine with us, I was told there could only be one parking pass per room and there was a possibility they could not park in the lot at all for the visit depending on how full the hotel was. I am pretty sure this hotel was not 100% booked in the middle of the week in the summer. When they arrived they were told to park by the lobby and only had 2 hours to visit!? Really?
Moving along... the cabana reservation was painless and easy to make online. The beach was beautiful and flawless. The kids enjoyed the slide and the beach very much.
We ordered Pizza Hut the first night and had Beef o Brady's the next evening. There was a publix across the street which had great subs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank GinaAmaral
JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

As the Director of Guest Satisfaction please accept my apology for the condition in which you found your room upon arrival. Our Housekeeping and Engineering departments both have specific staff members assigned to inspect and correct the issues you mentioned within your room. Regarding the concerns of your reservations, I'm thankful that once identified the front desk agent did take the appropriate action and adjust the fee for you. However, parking is challenging as the Summer is here and we are running at very high occupancy. Recently, there was a large group in house which were in their conference all day, but they too even had additional drive in attendees and presenters. Thank you for all the positive comments and I hope that you will return to TradeWinds while on your next trip to Florida.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a BEAUTIFUL resort. The rooms are spacious and have all of the best amenities. The beach and resort amenities are superb! Pools, bars, restaurants and a Great beach!! WOW would highly recommend...

Tip: Do NOT listen to the "time share" presentation. We were advised it was about 90 minutes and we were there for 5 HOURS! Very disappointing and disorganized.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was our first trip to Tradewinds. It was a nice resort and overall we enjoyed it. The front desk staff was great as was housekeeping. Everything was very clean. We were disappointed with some of the other staff at the hotel. Several of the staff were rude at the Flying Bridge and the paddleboats. I was also a little disappointed with our view. Having never been there before I relied on the booking agent. In the past we have always stayed at Don Cesar and always had a gorgeous view. At Tradewinds we were to have a tropical view but what we really had was a view of the roof across from us. Overall it was nice but I think we were spoiled by the level of service we received at Don Cesar and found this to be lacking in comparison.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 318Lori
JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

As the Director of Guest Satisfaction please accept my apology for failing to meet your expectations. I want to thank you for your positive comments regarding the front desk and housekeeping and that you overall enjoyed the resort. I have forwarded your concerns about the service at the Flying Bridge to our F&B managers for further review of the lunch experience on 6/2/14. I've also reviewed your reservation and noticed you were in a tropical suite, on the 5th floor which also just happened to be located one room back from being Gulf front. Again, I apologize that you found us lacking in comparison and I hope that you won't let this one experience prevent you from staying with us in the future.
Thank you.