“tradewinds hotel st petes beach”

TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Worcester, United Kingdom
“tradewinds hotel st petes beach”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel was superb it was clean well presented and the welcome was excellent
You could tell by the general atmosphere and presentation that they cared about their clients The whole hotel was very professionally run.
The staff were very helpful and no request was treated as trivial

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hello!
Thank you for pointing out our attention to detail and standard of professionalism. We certainly do pride ourselves on the appearance of our resort and providing the best service possible. We're so glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you'll come back to see us again soon!
Leni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,362)
Tampa
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Corey b., my valet was fantastic! He was so nice and professional even having to drive an old car with no a/c and windows that don't work. He was awesome. Our only complaints: 2 rooms were not touched by housekeeping the 3 days/2nights we were there, and the server at the bermuda restaurant for Sunday breakfast may need some customer service training. But all in all it was great. And the guy Harvey outpost was amazing as well. Fish tanks from the guys from the show "tanked" were awesome. There were over 20 of us and the great time most of us had outweighed the few issus that occurred. great vacation.

• Stayed June 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Max here. I live local in St. Pete and I choose TradeWinds for my beach time and playing with the water sports there when i visit for the day. I Rode the JET LEV/JET Pack on Saturday June 14, 2014. Go under the website or YOU TUBE and watch some videos and see pictures. There soooooo coool. The Crew of Will, John, and Kaylyn were absolutely wonderful to work with on this experience. Walked me through everything step by step and training was very very detailed and they took their time to make sure I understood everything. There is a walkie talkie system in the helmet you wear so the instructor can communicate with you while your on the water. Nothing to worry about, nothing to fear, and very very safe. It is a great time, really cool to experience this, and lotta fun. Your well taken care of and the crew is trained and knows how to fly the machine. It was truly a BLAST man. You gotta try it. What a rush. I will do it again. It takes a little bit to get used to like any sport, but it is really really worth it. So if your a hot rod, you love the water, you like doing things different and love the RUSH, this is for you. John is a pro at it. When I was done he demonstrated his talents and skill on the JET LEV and showed me just how much you can learn and do on this machine. You can do tricks, fly backwards, go up and down, walk on water, its amazing what this machine can do. My suggestion is JUST DO IT. It was an awsome and great experience. Thanks Tradewinds for doing something different. I love doing different things. Keep the new toys coming in. WE love it. Max S. evangelistmax7@aol.com. And thanks again to the crew. Respectful, nice, and easy to get along with. Be blessed and have a great trip. Send your friends and family members. I live in St. Pete for 13 years. Its a great place to live, great places to eat, and a wonderful place to travel and visit. We have love and hospitality here.

Room Tip: Ocean view is the best room. Lots of ammenitites on the property. Great for singles, families, old...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My sister and I spent five days at the Tradewinds Resort to celebrate our retirement. We had found the resort online. From before we even arrived until our departure we were treated with the upmost respect by very friendly staff. All of the accommodations and the facilities were sparkling clean and in excellent condition. We loved our cabana which provided us with a retreat on the beach! We ate al,l but one, of our meals either at The Tradewinds Resort or the Guy Harvey Resort and were pleased with the food and service.
The pools were always fantastic, with clear water and plenty of lounge chairs. Everyone, young and old can enjoy a wonderful vacation here.

Room Tip: Our room was away from the pools and beach, giving us a quiet place to relax at the end of the eveni...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank natalie f
TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hello natalie f,
Congratulations on your retirement! We're so happy we got to celebrate with you! We're more than happy to hear that you and your sister enjoyed your time here with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and your fellow travelers. We hope you will come back again to spend more time with us, now that you have it :D
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014

While I prefer and am used to more upscale resorts, this resort was clean, neat and the staff was super friendly and helpful. There was plenty to do, or NOT do if you wanted to be a beach loafer like I was.

The resort keeps the beach sand in front of their property clean and they set up the cabanas for guests early in the morning.

I would definitely stay again, but would love to see an updated hotel on the property.

Room Tip: we stayed in the Breckenridge, one of the few balcony rooms and I loved the balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vilma A
Laporte, IN
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was our third year in a row at Island Grand. This is our new go to resort for our annual vacation. Had a great time. We prefer to stay in the Breckenridge Building which is by the adult pool which we spend alot of time at. Sunset beautiful! Everyone is so friendly! Food is good. Lots of different restaurants to pick from. We especially enjoy the flying bridge Great fish taco! Cant wait to try the new restaurant at their Guy Harvey resort, short walk down the beach. Cant wait to go back next year!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello LoriC119,
Thanks for coming back again! We're so happy you enjoyed yet another visit to TradeWinds Island Resorts. The sunsets certainly are stunning and our location is the perfect place to watch them. See you next year!
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Traveled with my kids 11,13 for a summer get away, after a few days in an Orlando resort followed by a couple days on the beach. This hotel gets an average from me as opposed to very good because the tub tiles appeared to be in need of a re-grout and the caulking was stained with mildew. Although it appeared to have been cleaned and smelled of bleach, this is the very last thing I had hoped to have to look at in a resort hotel of this calibre. The full length bathroom mirror had fasteners that were rusting and chipping on the floor. For my booking price and the great reviews I expected better thought to detail. There was only one hook in the bathroom behind the door above the mirror, it was beyond my reach being 5'2"...
The rest of the room was tastefully decorated and clean. The beds were of average comfort. We had a 400sq ft room with a refrigerator, sink and microwave facing the parking and inter coastal.
I booked a standard room based on what I had budgeted for. From what I understand I was upgraded from a 300 sq ft room to 400sq ft, but only after first trying to sell me a higher rate for several different upgrades which I declined. I booked though the Tradewinds website just 2 days prior which turned out to be 35 dollars more a night than had I looked up with another site as I was going to try to book another room for my parents. I called and spoke to a person I thought was with reservations but was actually the front desk. Was told there was nothing that could be done because it was within 48 hours of the booking and it couldn't be cancelled. She stated she really couldn't undermine and change the price that was booked by someone else anyway. Next time I'll know better.
My parents were going to come visit and dine with us, I was told there could only be one parking pass per room and there was a possibility they could not park in the lot at all for the visit depending on how full the hotel was. I am pretty sure this hotel was not 100% booked in the middle of the week in the summer. When they arrived they were told to park by the lobby and only had 2 hours to visit!? Really?
Moving along... the cabana reservation was painless and easy to make online. The beach was beautiful and flawless. The kids enjoyed the slide and the beach very much.
We ordered Pizza Hut the first night and had Beef o Brady's the next evening. There was a publix across the street which had great subs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank GinaAmaral
JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
As the Director of Guest Satisfaction please accept my apology for the condition in which you found your room upon arrival. Our Housekeeping and Engineering departments both have specific staff members assigned to inspect and correct the issues you mentioned within your room. Regarding the concerns of your reservations, I'm thankful that once identified the front desk agent did take the appropriate action and adjust the fee for you. However, parking is challenging as the Summer is here and we are running at very high occupancy. Recently, there was a large group in house which were in their conference all day, but they too even had additional drive in attendees and presenters. Thank you for all the positive comments and I hope that you will return to TradeWinds while on your next trip to Florida.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Pete Beach
Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel
#23 of 95 in Clearwater
Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort
Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Been to TradeWinds Island Grand Resort? Share your experiences!