“This resort did not disappoint”

TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
“This resort did not disappoint”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our stay at Tradewinds really was a great experience. Every staff member I encountered was so friendly. We have a 3 year old and all of us were able to enjoy ourselves. I highly recommend staying at this resort. We hope to go back very soon.

Room Tip: The ocean view is beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,396)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've stayed at the Island Grand numerous times. This time had an oceanfront room with balcony that was beautiful. They take great care to clean the beach and provide cabana loungers that you reserve online. I would go back again!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Indialantic, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I wish I had paid more attention to the negative reviews that were posted. With so many great reviews, I thought to myself, if you look at enough reviews some are bound to be bad. The general check in process was smooth, but that's where it ends. Our room was dingy with a moist, moldy feel in the air. My children have allergies so this did not help. Our toilet was continuously running, I had someone come fix it...but it didn't fix it. The air conditioner was unusually loud. People were up all night running around the hotel...and it was impossible to sleep. The grounds are so chopped up, you do a lot of walking around to get from place to place. The 2 pools my children could go in, were so small and overcrowded for the size of the hotel...they never went in. The line for the slide was incredibly long...so again, my children never went in. The paddle boats were so poorly maintained, you can't even turn and the area you have to work with is narrow and overcrowded. (My kids did like the paddle boats)

The parking spaces are so tight and so overcrowded...at times we took 20 minutes to find somewhere to park. Then, our car was dinged in the lot. When I called the front desk they said I needed to file a report with security and go through a lengthy process...and we didn't want to waste our time...so we never followed through. I tried to get our room changed and had absolutely no success. Then the time share people called...and even though I rattled off all my issues...they said if there is any way I can help...please let me know. I called back after having no success at the front desk....and they said they couldn't help me either. We stayed at this resort for 5 nights. On Day 2 I went down to the front desk asking if I could checkout....with all the issues I had...and they said I would still have to pay. We were stuck here...my son was doing a baseball camp. I wanted to move hotels. NO LUCK. I asked to upgrade my room...the only thing they offered was for me to pay a ton of money to be in a suite in front of the pool ----where it was so crowded a loud I would not go there for anything.

I only ate at the resort once. I took my daughter to breakfast at Bermuda's....and she ordered scrambled eggs with cheese from the station at the buffet,..he handed back runny over easy eggs folded over with cheese in the middle. My daughter didn't want anything else after taking one bite..she was grossed out...the whole dining area was moist and dingy with low ceilings. We were still charged for full buffet even though she didn't eat. We travel a lot....and this was by far the worst resort we ever stayed at.

One night my husband went to get ice and there was throw up by the elevators...too many drunks for a "family" resort. Clientele in general was not desirable. When you go down to get pool towels...we thought they may be recycled dirty. they were still damp and not folded...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank apc40
JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
As the Director of Guest Satisfaction please accept my apologies for failing to meet your expectation. I appreciate that you responded to my request for contact and that you have provided us the opportunity to resolve each of your concerns. Thank you. drogers@twresort.com
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The grounds are beautiful. The staff was very pleasant. The beach is beautiful. I am a Florida native but reside on the east coast. I was reminded of how different the beaches are on the west coast. I stayed in what I believe was a time share room (Breckenridge building) with a breataking view of the Gulf. I was here for a conference and my only gripe would be with the smokers. There were no designated smoking or non-smoking areas for that matter. After each class the smokers would quickly gather to the closest outdoor area and start lighting it up. This included near pool areas and children. I understand that some of this fault lies with the smokers themselves but if there was an area designated for this perhaps it would save some of us from second hand smoke (especially my 7 month old that I was traveling with). The overall impression of the resort was memorable and I would definitely consider staying again.

Room Tip: 7th floor in the Breckenridge building for an amazing view!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Attended a conference at the TradeWinds. Second time in this location. Room was very nice. Staff are always nice and helpful. Had a problem with the whole door 'knob' going bad and wouldn't read my room key. Staff was very attentive and had the issue fixed very quickly.

Room Tip: If you're going to be staying for any length of time, ask for a room in Ponciana. These rooms h...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was our second stay first was about three years ago and my wife and I were very impressed. So we decided to have our 30th wedding anaversity there. we booked rooms for our 3 adult children and spouses. Had a great time looking to go back in August or September this year.

Room Tip: beach front rooms are great
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My family and I arrived at the TradeWinds after two hectic days in Orlando at Universal Studios. St. Pete Beach was our relaxing part of the vacation. The location was so wonderful. A Grocery store just down the street. A Large Beach shop across the street that had all the souveniers and beach items you could ask for, also across the street was a nice restaurant with a water view where we watched a Manatee poke his face out of the water while we dined. The Hotel itself has so much to offer. We were there for 4 nights and still didn't get to take advantage of everything. The kitchenette style room was wonderful as we bought food at the local store and saved on some expense. The Deli in the hotel has wonderful sandwich options. Would DEFINITELY go back!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rhonda J
TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this review, 18 December 2014
Hello Rhonda J,
We're so glad we were able to help you relax after the go-go-go of Orlando. It sounds like you had a wonderful beach getaway that let everyone in the family 'just let go.' Thank you for sharing your experience and for your recommendation. Hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards,
Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel
Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel
#25 of 98 in Clearwater
Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Been to TradeWinds Island Grand Resort? Share your experiences!