My family and I stayed here recently while attending a week long conference. While the conference facilities have much to be desired, the resort itself was nice and the amenities were great for the family. The rooms have been updated and the beds are nice. We took advantage of the Cabana reservation program (included in stay) and had some great days at the beach! We also enjoyed the huge slide, pool, activity building, and paddle boats. The on-site restaurants have good food and atmosphere. The prices were in-line with expectations.
The only real disappointment was that EVERYTHING shut down if lighting was spotted within 100 miles. For example, we were sunbathing on the beach with beautiful blue skies and hot sun when an air raid horn sounded. We looked to see what was going on and saw employees scrambling to close the pools, slide, and any other activities, except for the beach. We asked what was going on and were told that lightning had been sighted in the area. I sarcastically asked if they saw it in Miami Beach, because there were no thunderstorms in sight!!!! They said it was for safety. I appreciate that, but I was not in Elementary School where someone needed to tell me when to get off the playground! Yes, they might be liable if someone got struck...NOT, you can't be held liable for acts of god unless they started parasailing in the middle of a thunderstorm. I digress, the bottom line is let adults make the decision on whether they want to swim in the pools or other activities that the resort employees don't have to be exposed to. It will be a more enjoyable experience for patrons paying a lot of money for the fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida