Our overall trip was great. The activities for the kids kept them engaged and they really had a good time. The room was recently remodeled and in good condition. Wish we had opted for a balcony but will have to do that next time. I had read some complaints about calls regarding their timeshare / travel packages; we were offered a session with some deal when we checked in and we politely just said NO and please do NOT call us. We never received a call or another offer.
The Jet Lev experience was truly awesome. I knew nothing about what I was doing but John, Will and Peter did an excellent job giving me instructions on how to work the Jet Lev. It is a work out so be prepared but overall I would definitely do it again. The key is having good instructors that are patient and work with you to literally have you flying over the water after a 10-15 minute course.
What was great:
The activities on the beach and across the property were great. The pools while smaller had several of them so that wasn't such a concern as we spent most of our time on the beach and only took occasional dips in the pools or showers to cool off as the ocean was warm. The water activities were great. Catch the ocean water park before noon to avoid a crowd. The water slide was least crowded early and around lunch but the line moves faster than you would think. The staff was very attentive and friendly. My kids really enjoyed the craft sessions and digging for sharks teeth to break up the day.
Ideas for improvements:
We've stayed at a Club Med resort and they had more family activities at night. For example the kids trained one day and performed a skit at night to music. Every night they had a family dance party in a bar area for an hour or so. My in-laws and kids really liked this and it would be a good addition to add.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida