We booked a nearly $400/night Gulf-View Suite at this hotel.
Upon arrival, we found ourselves in a mess of abandoned cars at the entrance with the valet staff completely overwhelmed.
We entered the facility and, within 5 minutes, we accosted by hotel staff with time-share offers.
Then we were shown to our "Gulf-View Suite..."
First of all, the suite had a FILTHY dirt-fogged window that faced the internal courtyard of the property. Standing outside on the Motel-style open corridors, one faced the parking lot. Standing out there, peeking around a corner, it arguably was POSSIBLE to see a sliver of gulf.
The room itself was "decked out" with 1970s or early 1980's furnishings and was the size of a Motel 6 room plus a kitchenette with a 2-person wall-table and an ancient sofa.
The bathroom was tiny and tired with chips and rust in the ancient bathtub.
Of course, upon complaining we received the standard: "Sorry, but we're a 100% booked."
Given their apparent immense popularity, we decided to not bother unpacking and to make this gem of a suite available for someone else. (Feel free to see my next review to learn where we moved to...)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida