This resort has clearly worked to improve since some negative reviews, but it still has a bit of an identity crisis. I was at the TradeWinds for a conference, but booked some extra days with the family before the conference started. The conference facilities were clean, comfortable, and well organized. The rooms at the resort were dated, but I could tell the staff were working hard to keep them clean and maintained. The resort facilities were a mixed bag - is this resort for families, singles or special events? Bargain basement or luxury hotel? For example the queen rooms have been updated with pillow top beds, but the staff (and sleepers) still have to wrestle with non fitted bottom sheets. I had to remake my bed every night as a result of pulling back the covers. The on-site restaurants are quite nice, and tasty (and expensive), but when we went back to our room to sit on the (admitedly tiny) balcony to enjoy the night sky, we were confronted with the most loud, obnoxious, amplified "red beard the pirate" show. Now I'm sure the kids who attended the show enjoyed it, but did the entire north side of the resort have to also listen? My twellve year old son likes pirates just fine, but he thought the whole thing sounded stupid and unpleasant..
St. Pete's beach is a really nice beach with great sand and surf to play in, the hotel's pools were nice too, but the resort "ammenities" were overblown, big giant plastic things. It felt like a really low rent theme park. The best ammenities we liked were the paddle boats, and my son did like the big giant slide - but that costs extra - watch out for your wallet.
All the food on-site was good to excellent, though expensive. We really liked lunch at the "Shack" by the beach and pool, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Best recommended restaurants in the area, btw, are both by the Publix grocery; a great Thai place, and an Italian & Pizza restaurant (the Italian had Lobster Ravioli - delicious- for $15, including salad!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida