“Always great ice cream, not always pleasant service”
Review of Scoops - CLOSED

Scoops
Description: Locally made St Petersburg ice cream and sweets/desserts. We also offer locally made ginger beer and kombucha.
Niles, Ohio
“Always great ice cream, not always pleasant service”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have been coming to Scoops 2-3 times a year for the last 15 years. The ice cream flavors are outstanding ! There's always something new and tasty. However, the elderly couple who own and run the store are often tired and not always the friendliest. They have had this ice treasure up for sale for several years but no buyers. Yes... The lady can be curt and short at times. Her husband tends to be nicer but he isn't always around. The ice cream is delicious and the location is easy to get in and out of quickly. If you want good ice cream.. This is a great place if you don't mind an unpredictable lady who appears to really wants to retire !;)

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Anndave2

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent home made ice cream - 60 flavours!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Went here three times in the 10 days we spent at St Petes Beach, Micki is a character and all the ice cream is lovely. Kids had to get back before we left for another. All the photos on the wall of customers make it authentic and interesting. Kids loved Lemon Sherbet flavour. Read the comments book when you go in.

• Visited April 2014
“Rude Old Lady”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped in to get ice cream w 4 adults and 4 children. We were inside the building for about one minute before the Old Lady came out from the back room. She never greeted us or said anything. I decided to greet her with "hello" and she said hello back as if we were bothering her by being inside. We started to place our order when my six yr old daughter said she had an upset stomach and needed to use the bathroom. My wife asked the old lady if they had a restroom and she replies, "did you just come in to use the bathroom". Now I had just paid this woman for a scoop in a cup for my three yr old. Unacceptable behavior and as I read other reviews I see that others have had same experience as us. We were planning on buying 8 scoops but decided on just two after this old lady was disrespectful. Took our business elsewhere and you should too.
Now, I see why the business is for sale

1 Thank jr7wings
Fishers, Indiana
“Smoothie warning”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for a smoothie and it was not good. The lady put water in it instead of ice. Maybe she was confused or this is what they do. Very thin and two disappointed customers.

1 Thank Zinnguy
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Old Lady very appreciative.....”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stopped in despite some of the prior comments. "Old Lady" was very appreciative of my business. Product was outstanding. Facilities clean. Loved the sign: STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS. Definitely more fun than the soft ice cream place next door. Give it a shot. It's terrific!! Will come again.

• Visited March 2014