“Not great! Go after 7:00 pm”

Blue Fugu Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #94 of 147 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We arrived at 6:00. Place was empty. We had to wait for more people to arrive for hibachi dinner. Cook was not japenese! Food was not as good quality as accustomed too; served noodles cooked on habachi???? Weird! Chicken cooked too long was very dry; steak very very dry; shrimp far too small; not impressed. Would not go again. Recommend Silas Dents. Amazing food great staff wonderful dinner at very reasonable price

There are newer reviews for Blue Fugu Japanese Steakhouse

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I brought my family for sushi the first time here. It was a beautiful place with helpful waitresses. The sake was yummy and dessert was delicious. The seating was a bit different but it added to the fun! The food was beautiful.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This is my go to place for sushi in St. Pete. I think it beats sushi rock grill and others in St. Petersburg.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Came here for their special hours to try it out. My brother and girlfriend like the place...Not the best but likable. To me I thought it was pretty bad. I had a sushi roll that was average (I did not get meat in it), and the steak special hibachi. The soup was great (probably one of the best at a hibachi place and I go to them everywhere all the time), the salad dressing was poor, the sushi was average, and the meal was blah. The steak seamed almost spoiled and had not flavor. The rice was just okay. The interior was pretty dingy, lots of dust on things and such. I will not be coming back as there are soooo many better dinner options in St Pete Beach! Side note that our chef was greatly entertaining, though our server never smiled.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Rollie the chef is awesome. The steak was not fresh at all. Will not return will recommend only to see Rollie in action!