Annoying. Visited here in November for a 3 night stay. Rented two rooms, one for me and one for my parents. Location is great. Mom loved the dog track nearby. I loved the beaches (20 min away). Hotel was VERY clean. I always check for bedbugs since my best friend is a Manager at a Comfort Inn. I have NEVER seen the headboards that are located against the wall so clean. Not a spot of dust. Not a hint of any type of bug. Not a strand of hair. ZERO. This is where bedbugs love to hide, also in the mattress corners themselves. They were so clean I took a picture to send my buddy. All you do is lift them off the wall to check.
Noise level was quiet. Not a party hotel since it is so small. Staff can certainly know what is ion on at all times.
Now, the annoying part. Staff could have been less "snotty". Front desk staff seemed to be annoyed that we had to ask for new keys. Was not our fault. As stated we stayed for 3 nights. Well, after check out time our keys had been cleared. So I asked for a new key and you would seem as if I asked for something offensive. Come to find out my parents room also needed a new key. Hmm.
Well, the next am, again had to ask for a new key for both rooms. Do they reset after check-in? Never heard of this before.
I did consult my friend and he stated that it was NOT policy to reset keys every day. Why would they reset keys every day? For security reasons? It was a pain!!! After being on the beach and wanting to get in our room, to have to ask for new keys every time?
Other that that the place was great!
That was a small annoyance compared to the other positives. Hence a 5 star!
Especially for the price we paid!
We'll be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All spacious guest rooms are air conditioned and come equipped with microwaves, coffee makers, refrigerators, flat-screen televisions, pillow-top mattresses, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Some rooms feature sofa sleepers and whirlpool bathtubs. Handicap accessible rooms are available. This is a 100 percent non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Saint Petersburg Hotel St. Petersburg
- Comfort Inn And Suites Saint Petersburg
- Comfort Inn St Petersburg
- Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway St. Petersburg, Florida