“Clean, small and cozy...BUT...”

Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Clean, small and cozy...BUT...”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Annoying. Visited here in November for a 3 night stay. Rented two rooms, one for me and one for my parents. Location is great. Mom loved the dog track nearby. I loved the beaches (20 min away). Hotel was VERY clean. I always check for bedbugs since my best friend is a Manager at a Comfort Inn. I have NEVER seen the headboards that are located against the wall so clean. Not a spot of dust. Not a hint of any type of bug. Not a strand of hair. ZERO. This is where bedbugs love to hide, also in the mattress corners themselves. They were so clean I took a picture to send my buddy. All you do is lift them off the wall to check.
Noise level was quiet. Not a party hotel since it is so small. Staff can certainly know what is ion on at all times.
Now, the annoying part. Staff could have been less "snotty". Front desk staff seemed to be annoyed that we had to ask for new keys. Was not our fault. As stated we stayed for 3 nights. Well, after check out time our keys had been cleared. So I asked for a new key and you would seem as if I asked for something offensive. Come to find out my parents room also needed a new key. Hmm.
Well, the next am, again had to ask for a new key for both rooms. Do they reset after check-in? Never heard of this before.
I did consult my friend and he stated that it was NOT policy to reset keys every day. Why would they reset keys every day? For security reasons? It was a pain!!! After being on the beach and wanting to get in our room, to have to ask for new keys every time?
Other that that the place was great!
That was a small annoyance compared to the other positives. Hence a 5 star!
Especially for the price we paid!
We'll be back soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ron D
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
I am glad you were happy with the value you received for the price paid! I apologize if you felt the staff seemed "snotty" and I assure you I have spoken with all staff and that this is unacceptable. Moreover it definitely is not policy to reset keys everyday as our hotel is very safe and this has never been an issue. We are training a new staff member so it very well could have been an operator error and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I am glad you were able to enjoy our VERY CLEAN hotel as well as the location! We look forward to your return and I thank you for your review!

Jeremy Robinson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Flight got in late and we arrived at the hotel at midnight. You can tell the quality of a hotel when you walk into the lobby. This one was spotless - no smudges on windows, floors were shining, etc. We checked into our very quiet room. Everything was sparkling. After a good night's sleep and a shower with a strong shower head, we enjoyed the breakfast with REAL LARGE FLORIDA ORANGES! Love this property and will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dkm57
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
We look forward to your return! Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! It is really great to hear that the hotel is "SPOTLESS" and that you were able to enjoy a good nights sleep, had strong shower pressure and enjoyed our full hot breakfast. Please help expose this hidden gem to your family and friends! Thank you again so much.

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have stayed at several at several comfort inn & suites and this one by far is the nicest. We will defiantly be returning. The front staff was very friendly, the rooms are spacious and beds are soft and very comfortable. Breakfast was very good and had lots of thing to choose to eat.

• Stayed October 2013
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
"Nicest Comfort Inn & Suites By Far" I like the sound of that! Thank you!!! We have great ownership that has invested in this property and we are proud to provide a professional, courteous and accommodating staff and atmosphere. We look forward to your return!

Merritt Island, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel isn't that old and the staff keep it clean. The marble in the shower is very nice. The comforter on the bed is like brand new. They have 2 types of pillows to chose from, one set of pillows are firm and the other set isn't. A nice choice to have. The a/c unit puts out some cold air which is a major plus for me! The front desk is good to work with and the breakfast selections were the standard for Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: I always pick the 3rd floor at this hotel and the front corner is the best. Usually quiet and right...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hi Jim -

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review! I too like a cold clean room and I am glad we were able to deliver. You hit the nail on the head regarding the bedding because ALL OF OUR BEDDING IS BRAND NEW! Also the pick your pillow program is new too. We hope you come to visit our hotel again soon.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel is beautiful in itself and the location is absolutley perfect! Close to either beaches or downtown this hotel really offers everything you need and want! My favorite part of my experience here was the customer service. Vicki the front desk agent is the sweetest person you could possibly ever meet! With her knowledge of the area you can guarantee she will steer you in the right direction! I would stay at this hotel again just to experience the customer service Vicki provided!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
VICKY IS FANTASTIC! Thank you so much for noticing and taking the time out of your day to share that with the TripAdvisor World!!! We have a great product In our hotel and amenities but I love that our staff goes the extra mile and truly are hospitable. I have already posted this review on the wall and I look forward to sharing this with Vicky when she arrives today at 3pm.

Thank you again for your review. Please LIKE US at Facebook.com/ComfortInnStpete.

We look forward to your return -

Hobe Sound, Florida
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. That is where the good part ended for us. My husband is totally disabled, so we were in need of an ADA room with a roll-in shower. This hotel happens to have three of these rooms. We were shocked to find out that there is one ADA room on each floor. Our room was on the third floor, all the way at the end of the hall! Now my question is, who is the engineer who designed a hotel with handicap rooms on any floor but the first floor? If someone is disabled enough to require one of these rooms, then they are legitimately disabled, and they even struggle to get into a room that is conveniently located. Well, we began our trek. We struggled to get on the elevator, then I had to push my husband in his wheelchair to the end of the hall, and then we struggled to get into the room because the room key did not work until it was inserted about a half a dozen times or more. Once my husband was finally in the room, I had to make repeated trips from the car to the room with our luggage and belongings--back down the hall, down the elevator, out to the car, back into the building, onto the elevator, up to the third floor, down the hall, etc. In addition to the problem with the location of the room, there was a parking issue. If there are three handicap rooms in the hotel, I am curious why there are only two handicap parking spots. And guess who did not get one of those handicap parking spots? We had to park on the other side of the lot in a regular parking spot. For anyone who is legitimately handicapped and in a wheelchair, the width of the parking spot is crucial, even more crucial than the distance of the parking spot to the door of the hotel. Since we had to park in a regular parking spot, it was a struggle to get the wheelchair in between our car and the one next to us, and another struggle to get my husband into the wheelchair due to the lack of space. Incidentally, the parking lot of this hotel is very awkwardly designed anyway, regardless of the lack of handicap parking. It was probably designed by the same engineer who put ADA rooms on the second and third floor. In addition to poor room location, and parking issues, there were front desk issues. From the get go, we were not impressed with the front desk. I would not describe them as rude, just short and abrupt. We had an event to attend, and got back to the hotel extremely late. I asked the gentleman at the front desk if we could possibly check out at 12:00 instead of the usual check out time of 11:00. We have never done this before at a hotel, but because of the time we were getting to bed, and the length of time it takes me to get my husband out of bed, into and out of the shower, and dressed in the morning, I knew it would really help if we could get an extra hour. The front desk clerk, in his short, abrupt manner, told me we could have an extra half hour and that was it. We have crossed this hotel off our list for any future trips to St. Pete.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank divingkatie
I am glad to hear that we were able to get you folks into an ADA Approved Room and that your room was CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE. I am sorry however that you were unsatisfied that the only ADA Room left was on the 3rd floor because the first and second floor ADA Rooms were already occupied by disabled guests. Regarding the checkout time extension, this is quite a surprise to me and I apologize that you were not given the full hour as it is common practice at our hotel to honor such a request. Thank you for your review as your comments will help us to increase guest satisfaction.

Regards -

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The hotel staff was great, i have never experienced service like this before, Jeremy went above and beyond for us when we checked in, the housekeeping staff and breafast host were so friendly and alwalys asking if everything was ok, and if they could help please let them know. the rooms where clean and comfortable. The breakfast was a great, we loved our stay and will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Texas Tony -

We truly pride ourselves in our service and thank you so much for noticing that and for placing this nice review. We hope you always choose to stay with a Choice Hotel but especially with us whenever you are in the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area. Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway is the #1 Comfort Inn in our region and we strive to always exceed guest expectations. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return.

Jeremy S. Robinson