“Magnificent Hotel and Excellent Staff!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Columbus, Indiana
“Magnificent Hotel and Excellent Staff!!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here over Spring Break. We arrived at the hotel around 3AM, after driving 16 hrs. We were exhausted and just wanted to go to bed. Rhonda checked us in, she was very kind and made our check in very quick and simple. When we woke the next morning to go to breakfast we were greeted by Leslie the breakfast attendant. She was awesome!! Later that day she was our housekeeper, as well!! Every hotel should have a Leslie!! I can't say enough great things about her!! From her customer service at breakfast to her excellent housekeeping skills!!! After breakfast we wanted to find a nice sunny beach. Matt at the front desk gave us directions to a beautiful beach and quaint little tourist town at John's Pass!! Thanks to him, we were able to enjoy what would've been a rainy St. Patrick's Day in our hotel room. We found a nice little bar while touring John's Pass on Sunday, and learned there would be live entertainment on Monday!! :-) I can't forget Mike at the front desk, either!! I forgot my phone charger in Indiana, and he lent me his during our stay!! If you are planning a visit to St. Petersburg, this is the place to stay!!! Thank you all for your wonderful hospitality!!!

Room Tip: The hotel is spotless!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Hi Amber -

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you telling the world about your experience at our hotel. This will really go along way and helps educate future guests on what to expect. I love our staff and they do such a great job! So proud of them. I will be sure to post this today for all to see. Please visit us again soon.

Jeremy Robinson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights recently. We liked the hotel very much and would definitely return to it! I must give a shout-out to Vicky, Mike, and Alex at the front desk, who were very friendly and helpful to us. This hotel is very clean and quiet. It is in a nice area of St. Pete, in a business park. The road that it's on is fairly quiet, and traffic was not a problem at all for us. This hotel is near many stores and restaurants that are only a brief drive away, for example, a Target store, a Publix Supermarket, CVS, Walgreens, Einstein bagel shop, Applebees Restaurant, and more. Bank of America is right around the corner. My only suggestion for improvement is to have 2 waffle irons instead of only 1 in the breakfast room. We also stayed at another Comfort Inn on this vacation, and they had 2 waffle irons available for the guests. Also, I agree with the previous reviewer who said that the bathroom door did not pass the "knee test" - the door opens inward and bangs right into the toilet! I think the door needs to be changed so it opens outwardly instead. But overall, we would definitely recommend this hotel to others, and we would not hesitate to return here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi LinfromNJ -

Thank you for such a nice review! I love your headline, "Clean, Quiet, Friendly, Comfortable!" Thank you again. Regarding the toilet, I agree the door swings close to the toilet and I will pass along your suggestion with ownership. I appreciate your shout out to the staff and I will be sure to post this for all to see. Hope to have you back again soon.

Duncansville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Hotel was very clean, staff was very friendly. From the front desk to the kitchen staff and maids. Our stay was very enjoyable. Breakfast was very good and had a good selection. Beds were very comfortable and rooms very clean. If ever in St Petersburg this is the place to stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hi Steve -

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the great recommendation! It's wonderful to hear our guests comment that our staff is Friendly, the hotel is Clean and breakfast had a nice selection. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to your return.

Sincerely -

Macon
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

We needed a motel on short notice for several days. Although this is peak season for snowbirds, we found a room here at a very good price. All staff were friendly and helpful, especially the woman there in early afternoons. Room very clean, beds nice, wifi fast. Desk staff gave good advice for our questions. Since we have family nearby, we put this at the top of list for return trips.

Stayed March 2014
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place your rave review!!! It's great to always hear that our staff is friendly and knowledgeable and that we are a "Great Place" at a "Good Price!" I than you for helping us spread the word and we look forward to your return.

boston
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Like the fridge in room, free good wifi and small workout area. Small strip mall nearby provides the basics. Good for business or travelers. Not a beach hotel, unless beach hotels are too full or pricey.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Hi John -

Thank your taking the time to place such a nice review and for highlighting some of our amenities that you enjoyed while staying with us here at Comfort Inn & Suites NE Gateway! We hope you consider staying with us again when traveling to our area.

Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Annoying. Visited here in November for a 3 night stay. Rented two rooms, one for me and one for my parents. Location is great. Mom loved the dog track nearby. I loved the beaches (20 min away). Hotel was VERY clean. I always check for bedbugs since my best friend is a Manager at a Comfort Inn. I have NEVER seen the headboards that are located against the wall so clean. Not a spot of dust. Not a hint of any type of bug. Not a strand of hair. ZERO. This is where bedbugs love to hide, also in the mattress corners themselves. They were so clean I took a picture to send my buddy. All you do is lift them off the wall to check.
Noise level was quiet. Not a party hotel since it is so small. Staff can certainly know what is ion on at all times.
Now, the annoying part. Staff could have been less "snotty". Front desk staff seemed to be annoyed that we had to ask for new keys. Was not our fault. As stated we stayed for 3 nights. Well, after check out time our keys had been cleared. So I asked for a new key and you would seem as if I asked for something offensive. Come to find out my parents room also needed a new key. Hmm.
Well, the next am, again had to ask for a new key for both rooms. Do they reset after check-in? Never heard of this before.
I did consult my friend and he stated that it was NOT policy to reset keys every day. Why would they reset keys every day? For security reasons? It was a pain!!! After being on the beach and wanting to get in our room, to have to ask for new keys every time?
Other that that the place was great!
That was a small annoyance compared to the other positives. Hence a 5 star!
Especially for the price we paid!
We'll be back soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ron D
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
I am glad you were happy with the value you received for the price paid! I apologize if you felt the staff seemed "snotty" and I assure you I have spoken with all staff and that this is unacceptable. Moreover it definitely is not policy to reset keys everyday as our hotel is very safe and this has never been an issue. We are training a new staff member so it very well could have been an operator error and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I am glad you were able to enjoy our VERY CLEAN hotel as well as the location! We look forward to your return and I thank you for your review!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Flight got in late and we arrived at the hotel at midnight. You can tell the quality of a hotel when you walk into the lobby. This one was spotless - no smudges on windows, floors were shining, etc. We checked into our very quiet room. Everything was sparkling. After a good night's sleep and a shower with a strong shower head, we enjoyed the breakfast with REAL LARGE FLORIDA ORANGES! Love this property and will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dkm57
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
We look forward to your return! Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! It is really great to hear that the hotel is "SPOTLESS" and that you were able to enjoy a good nights sleep, had strong shower pressure and enjoyed our full hot breakfast. Please help expose this hidden gem to your family and friends! Thank you again so much.

Sincerely -