“Ideal to burn off kid's energy”

Great Explorations Children's Museum
Ranked #23 of 130 things to do in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Great Explorations Children’s Museum has served the children and families of the Tampa Bay area since 1987. Designed for children 10 and under, the 23,000 square foot museum is filled with exhibits and activities to stimulate learning through creativity, play and exploration. The museum also offers a national award winning preschool, camps and afterschool programming, field trips and community outreach programs.
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The place was very clean and well kept and truly kid-friendly but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. My favorite part was the fire truck with the video traveling down the streets of Tampa. The news station was lots of fun too.

1  Thank BuckeyeChuckII
There are newer reviews for Great Explorations Children's Museum

Reviewed 6 May 2013

This is a great museum for children of all ages. Lot's of hands on activities and exhibits. You have to try the deprivation tunnel, it really shows you what it is like to try and find your way around in the dark.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

It's been a little while since my family last visited Great Ex. When my son wanted a birthday party there I didn't hesitate. I booked the party with just a couple weeks’ notice. The staff were accommodating to my delay in planning. It was a smooth and easy process.

We hosted several families with children ranging in age from 18 months to 7 years. My sons (ages 5 & 7) were engaged from the moment we stepped into the museum. The kids were able to play in groups and individually. Some exhibits are better with the involvement of a parent (Fit4AllKidsVille, Pet Vet, TV news show). Other activities are better when the kids just play (the rubber sand beach, Publix grocery store).

Our guests (parents and kids) were delighted and entertained. A few had not been there before, but will likely be back. My kids were safe and engaged. I prefer that their play be meaningful, which it is here. We were at Great Ex for close to 3 hours and could have spent more time.

The door admission is just $10 per person - a great value for several hours of activities to hold their interest. Locals should check out a membership which makes this already great value even better. We now have a membership and my boys can't wait to go back.

2  Thank EcoStyle
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We took our Grandson and he had a blast. There are many hands on exhibits and experiments for the children and the climbing exercise they get is a welcome respite for the Grand-parents! Highly recommended.

1  Thank travelingtomnole
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Have visited often, my 6 year old grandson gets very bored after about 45 minutes, 4 year old grandaughter can enjoy the museum for three hours.

1  Thank sandybeachdeb