“Lovely, Relaxing & Perfect Location”

Watergarden Inn at the Bay
Sarasota
“Lovely, Relaxing & Perfect Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We just had the pleasure of staying at Watergardwn Inn and had such a lovely time! Bill & Wilder are the perfect hosts! They were so quick to reply to our emails, very accommodating & even made us a lovely cappuccino for breakfast. The breakfast was more than enough with lots of great selections. We also really appreciated the Keurig coffee makers in the room. Our room was lovely, clean, the bed was so comfortable and quiet. The location is perfect, walking distance to downtown with lots of great dining choices. We also enjoyed the use of their bikes and took a refreshing swim! Their property is very well maintained and the landscaping is beautiful. We would definitely recommend staying here and look forward to staying again at this lovely B&B!! :)

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed for a night while in St. Pete. The owners are very friendly and will help you find the perfect place for dinner or lunch. The inn is conveniently located a very short walk from many restaurants and shops. Breakfast was very enjoyable. The room was quiet and very clean. We will definitely come back when we are in the area again!

Stayed July 2014
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

The Watergarden Inn at the Bay is a perfect Florida getaway. You couldn't find a better location for getting around to everything St. Petersburg has to offer. If you want to go to the beach, it's just a short drive or bus ride (if you prefer) to St. Pete's beaches or Fort Desoto. The owners (Wilde & Bill) were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They were available whenever you needed them, but were not intrusive at all. The B&B was clean, quiet (but in the heart of everything), and reasonably priced. Can't beat the pool area - very tropical. We recommended it to friends who stayed there 2 weeks later and they had the same comments - great location, great place, great owners! You can't go wrong if you're looking for a quick getaway or a longer vacation in St. Petersburg - this is the place!

Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I ended up at the Watergarden coincidentally as I had not made reservations. Another B&B which was sold out recommended I try it. I took their word. It was clearly my lucky day.
The owners Bill and Wilde quickly made every possible effort to accommodate me as soon as they took my call.
The Hibiscus room was not only beautiful, but I got the best night sleep ever on their very comfortable bed and fabulous pillows. I originally intended to stay one night and extended my stay because they made me feel so at home. Due to a prior booking, they could not keep me in the same room for the second night so they offered an upgrade. Did I tell you it was my lucky day?
The B&B is perfectly located at walking distance from the park, many restaurants, the Fine Arts Museum (which they gave me coupons to and help save $7) and the gorgeous Chihuli Collection. Their pool is surrounded by gorgeous palm trees, making it very intimate and quaint.
If all this weren't enough, they top it all off with the best cappucino ever and I am not even a coffee drinker!!! Bill and Wilde are very friendly, hospitable and simply great people.

I never write reviews, but my stay was so memorable that I felt the need to share the love. I can't wait to be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The owner's were incredibly welcoming both at check-in, during breakfast, and at checkout. The B&B was very clean and everything we needed was there ready for us. Would easily recommend this to family and friends. The location is absolutely fantastic too, right near the water front restaurants.

Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I love St. Pete as a getaway from the bland, character-less SW FL city we live in. We've been searching for a place that we can count on to be clean, comfortable, quiet, with a good location, and reasonably priced (that's not asking for too much, is it?). If those are the things you look for, look no further. Bill and Wilder are wonderful inn keepers who are attentive, friendly, welcoming, have great suggestions for activities and food locations, and yet also allow for privacy when you want it. We've stayed in the Sailboat Suite and the Sunrise Room. Both are very comfortable, and differ in size. The rooms on the main floor are a little noisier than the others, but that's true of any B&B. If you aren't sure about one of the rooms that you see, just call them. They are happy to provide suggestions and honest advice. And, they are fun to chat with too!

You simply cannot beat the location of this place - walk anywhere (or even better, bike!). Great restaurants in any direction (though beware of the touristy ones on Beach Drive). Bill & Wilder suggested 400 Beach Seafood & Tap House last time we were there, and though we had to wait, it was AMAZING (fresh, great service, unique dishes, and good beer selections). Be sure to visit Brew D-licious coffee shop, Cycle Brewery (both on Central), and Meze 119 (vegan food!). Off street parking (behind the building) is helpful since this is a bustling area.

The grounds are lovely, quiet, relaxing and while we have not used the pool, it is inviting! Breakfast is simple - continental style - but just right for a light meal to kick start the day (breads, high-end jams, locally roasted peanut butter, hard boiled eggs, locally made fresh quiche, yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, cereals). Keurig machines in each room, and an espresso/capuccino maker in the eating area. Bathroom products are not good though…bring your own.

Don't give your money to a faceless corporation of BLAH hotel chains. Support local business people who care about the community and your experience staying in lovely St. Pete.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quieter (but narrow staircase to get there).
ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We loved the Wintergarden Inn. We had a great stay, Wilder and Bill were just like visiting old friends. Now we consider them new friends. We intended to stay just one evening, being in the area for a wedding. After the first night we were supposed to move on to the hotel where the reception was scheduled after the wedding in Tampa. After our first night I asked Bill if there were any openings for the next two nights and he said yes. That was all it took, we drove back and forth to Tampa the next two evenings for the rehearsal dinner and wedding. We loved the neighborhood, you could walk to everything and we did. The rooms were very well done. The pool was just delightful. The breakfasts were just what we like. They were not formal, just help yourself when you want. There were many selections to choose from and the dining area was real cozy. What else can I say, we loved the place and our hosts.

Room Tip: You will be pleased with any room at the Wintergarden.