Watergarden Inn at the Bay
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$111
HotelIndigo.com
  • Pool
US$85
QualityInn
The Cordova Inn(St. Petersburg)
US$123
US$119
US$232
US$200
  • Pool
All reviewsb bmanatee roomhibiscus roomhot dishgracious hostsbed and breakfastwithin walking distancecasseroledowntown stdali museumeach morningwonderful weekendbeach driveshort walkyogurtperfect locationbreakfast was delicious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2007

I don't like B&Bs. Too foofy for me, but my wife is crazy about them. I did, however, like this one very much. If you've ever stayed in a small family-run hotel in Paris, you will recognize the 'look and feel' of Inn at the Bay. Rooms and hallways are not oversized, but are perfectly adequate and nicely appointed (and lacking all of the 'foofy' bric-a-brac with which so many B&Bs are infested thereby making it nearly impossible to find a place to put your stuff). There is no elevator, so stay on the first floor if your excess baggage won't fit a small stairwell to the second floor.

The staff were particularly attentive and helpful (we did not meet the owners who were on vacation), a sign to me of a well run establishment. They were knowledgable about current activities which we could attend in St Pete, restaurants to try (and avoid), directions, etc. I felt as if I were staying with very good friends who's main concern was that I had a good time in their city, and afterall, isn't that the 'valued added' that a B&B should be offering? (Try getting that from the desk clerk at Hampton Inns). Michael was particularly helpful with information about the Dali Museum (well worth seeing, by the way).

I would certainly stay here again. And, yes, my opinion of B&Bs came up a notch.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank GeorgiaCracker
Reviewed 5 June 2007

Charming atmosphere, nice and cosy rooms, friendly welcome and quiet location.

The breakfast is different every day and combines egg dishes and fresh fruit or pancakes. The Inn offers also free sodas.

The location is near the pier and perfect for dining outside in one of the numerous good restaurants we found in the area (I recommend the Ceviche, which is good and not expensive, with a nice winelist).

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2007

My girlfriend found this place on the internet and decided to surprise me for my birthday. I'm not the B&B type but i must say that we were both very impressed with the Inn at the Bay. The suite we stayed in, on the very top floor by itself, was beautiful, romantic and cozy all at the same time. The breakfast was top notch and the service was great. Dennis, the owner, went above and beyond with his service helping my girlfriend plan a long list of surprises for me during the weekend we stayed there. A swimming pool would have made the place completely perfect but that seems like nitpicking when everything else was so good. We're already looking forward to coming back and would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2007

My wife and I stayed here for three days at the end of our Florida vacation, after stops in West Palm Beach and Sanibel, and it was a great way to wrap things up. Jewly, Dennis and the rest of the crew were all very pleasant.

Top highlight: breakfast. We've stayed at a number of B & Bs in the last year and this was by far the best breakfasts we've had. Two courses are served each day and they are not run of the mill fare - Apples Normandy, Belgian Waffles and more. We loved it.

Also, they don't nickel and dime. Free Internet access, either via wireless or hard wire. Free sodas in the fridge, complimentary cookies. They also upgraded our room from the one we booked to a suite, which was nice. (The suite - The Sailboat - was great. We loved the big, fluffy bed.)

Easy to get to - just 3 or 4 blocks off the end of RT. 375, which branches off Interstate 275 - and they have a free lot for parking in the back.

Easy walking distance to a number of downtown sights and restaurants, and close to a stop of the 25 cent per ride 'Looper' trolley that goes around downtown.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank almanac&atlas
Reviewed 27 February 2007

I had a very pleasant stay for two days at the Inn. Jewly and her crew were very pleasant and helpful. The Inn was quiet, comfortable, and close to museums, the pier, and resaturants. GREAT breakfasts each morning, along with complimentary hot and cold beverages all day. The food was just outstanding! There was a refrigerator and microwave available for use downstairs.

Only problems were with the spotty internet connection and the lack of an elevator, but overall I really enjoyed my stay, and was loathe to check out!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled solo