“luxurious and cozy!”

Watergarden Inn at the Bay
St. Petersburg
“luxurious and cozy!”
Reviewed 2 August 2007

I have stayed at this B&B twice now and I would go back again. It was extremely restful and relaxing! The beds are the most comfortable beds you will ever rest on! The big whirlpool tub was wonderful! They have a great movie library- from great classics to the newest films. Very polite and friendly staff, they really make you feel at home. It is a very warm and inviting place. The rooms are super cozy. It is a great place to get away and totally relax. Great location too!

• Liked — whirlpool tub
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
PA
Reviewed 24 July 2007

Inn at the Bay is a perfect example of what a bnb should be. I needed to move my reservation back a day...no problem. We checked in and the ventilation and air quality wasn't up for the warm July temperatures...no problem. We were moved to another room (upgrade for no charge) AND a new window unit was in place (though not requested) when we came back that evening. Loved the spa tub and with the showerhead location it made it very comfortable for 2. The breakfast was superb. Just an all around pleasant experience. I grew up in the St. Pete area so this was an extra special trip for me. The location is key since it's within walking distance to so many things....shopping, restaurants, the Pier, and Straub Park. We will definately stay here again.

Stayed July 2007
Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2007

Wow! I have stayed at B and B's all over the eastern US and this was an EXCEPTIONALLY clean and comfy place to stay. The gormet breakfasts were catered specifically to both my and my husbands dietery needs and they were Delicious!

The room (The Blue Heron) was beautiful, the bed ever so comfortable and the 2 person tub with jets was awesome.

Plus it was within walknig distance to all the resteraunts we could ask for and an IMAX theater at Baywalk. Not to mention the quick drive to Fort Desoto Beach.

We will definetly be returning when we need our next vacation weekend =)

Aly and Chris C.

• Liked — No musty Florida smell!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 7 July 2007

We very much enjoyed our stay here in June 2007. The bed was sumptuous (though so high a little difficult to climb out over the poster bed rails) and our room was extremely quiet and comfortable. Extras are everywhere; like lots of current DVD's if you want to snuggle up and watch one, and other goodies you can read about in the other reviews. The owners couldn't be nicer. We stayed in a room with a "rainforest" (giant overhead shower) shower which was very refreshing and wonderful for someone like me with long thick hair. A little hard to climb out of the tub as it is a whirlpool bath also, but so worth it again, just like the bed. If you love B&B's, you'll definitely enjoy your stay here.

• Liked — The bed and how quiet and restful the room was.
  • Disliked — a stepping stool to get out of bed and the high tub would have been helpful.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 3 July 2007

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in Jun 07 and had a really nice stay. The website doesn't really do the place justice, the interior is lovely and the staff really friendly. The 2 course breakfast was a very welcome alternative to the fried options everywhere else, there's free soda and internet access and a seemingly never ending supply of cookies which was a nice touch. The rooms were nicely presented with great pillows! The garden at the rear is small but nice if you just want somewhere to relax. There's parking and the location was also handy for restaurants.

Stayed June 2007
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 July 2007

My fiance and I are both very busy and extremely stressed attorneys; however, we decided to make a last minute phone call to the Inn at the Bay. We were not only given a great room via phone, but upon arrival we were upgraded!!! The Lighthouse Suite is one of the best rooms, but from others in the Inn, all the rooms were amazing. We had freshly baked cookies everyday of our stay. If that weren't enough, the breakfast was OUTSTANDING! The beds were huge mounds of feathers and padding and every night we were asleep immediately! The location of the Inn at the Bay was spectacular and we walked everywhere! Jewly and Dennis were amazing in their attention to detail and high quality amenities. Did I mention the HUGE whirpool tubs in the room? My Fiance and I will never stay at a hotel again when we visit St. Petersburg! This was by far the most needed and rewarding vacation choice!
-Roberto and Erica-

• Liked — Honestly, we loved everything.
  • Disliked — Our trip ended so soon.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed 16 June 2007

I don't like B&Bs. Too foofy for me, but my wife is crazy about them. I did, however, like this one very much. If you've ever stayed in a small family-run hotel in Paris, you will recognize the 'look and feel' of Inn at the Bay. Rooms and hallways are not oversized, but are perfectly adequate and nicely appointed (and lacking all of the 'foofy' bric-a-brac with which so many B&Bs are infested thereby making it nearly impossible to find a place to put your stuff). There is no elevator, so stay on the first floor if your excess baggage won't fit a small stairwell to the second floor.

The staff were particularly attentive and helpful (we did not meet the owners who were on vacation), a sign to me of a well run establishment. They were knowledgable about current activities which we could attend in St Pete, restaurants to try (and avoid), directions, etc. I felt as if I were staying with very good friends who's main concern was that I had a good time in their city, and afterall, isn't that the 'valued added' that a B&B should be offering? (Try getting that from the desk clerk at Hampton Inns). Michael was particularly helpful with information about the Dali Museum (well worth seeing, by the way).

I would certainly stay here again. And, yes, my opinion of B&Bs came up a notch.

• Liked — Nice beds; staff
  • Disliked — Wireless Internet was down most of the time
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family